05-08-11, 10:35 AM   #1
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

EQ2 => WoW Fantasy Wishlist

Ok, so the other day I took a stroll down Memory Lane and spent some time watching the various EQ2 videos over on YouTube.

While it was kinda nostalgic, the more and more time I spent watching them, the more I started to think about the things I miss from that game that I thought would be nice to have in WoW.

So, for all you ex (and/or current) EQ2 players out there, what functions/mechanics would you like to see in WoW? My picks are:

- The Mentoring system
- The Betrayal questline

05-08-11, 06:12 PM   #2
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
ooooo... man i need think.

real tracking...at least the kind that points u to what your lookin for

I really miss my Necromancer,Monk and most of all a Cleric who wears plate not a pally healer.

OH of the most of all. BEARDS on female Dwarfs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
05-09-11, 02:45 AM   #3
Crissa
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

How about a downgrading system for grouping to put people at the same level?

-Crissa
05-09-11, 02:58 AM   #4
nulir
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
How about a downgrading system for grouping to put people at the same level?

-Crissa
thats the mentoring system, i would like to see this in wow,
and the betrayal quest (or something like it) is a epic need, i would love to play a dwarf, but i wont join the alliance
05-13-11, 09:30 AM   #5
fairways8363
A Murloc Raider
I also miss EQ from time to time- I would suggest being able to buy property in Major cities... I had a ton for fun decorating those places.. a condo in Dalaran perhaps?
05-13-11, 11:53 AM   #6
aenene
A Kobold Labourer
Mentoring is a system that at least once every time i play i find myself wishing was in WoW.

Player housing is the other system. It would be easy to add in another profession as well as augment the current ones by adding in recipes. But i do know that EQ2 has a nightmare with placements for player housing from time to time, so lord only knows if the wow system could even handle something as generic as Vanguards Housing, let alone something as awesome as SWG's player housing. But then again, they have added player housing to EQ1 and we all know how old that whole framework is.

Grander scale holiday events (think Nights of the Dead and Frostfell in EQ2) would be nice. WoW already has a ton of holiday type events, but most are kinda lame IMO. Extend out their uptime and then each year add a couple additional quests, a new mini-zone etc.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » EQ2 => WoW Fantasy Wishlist