06-10-20, 06:36 PM   #1
Kase
A Defias Bandit
I way to get name of target of a trade?

I'm making an addon to track trades/money. I wanted it to also track the names of who I did the trade with.

I've looked in the API and the only thing I could find was a TRADE_REQUEST event that returned the player name of the trade, but it's apparently been removed (I still tried it anyways to make sure, but it doesn't work anymore). Is there any other function or event that I'm missing that will tell me what the name of the player is that opened a trade with me or successfully traded me?

I can think of ways to do it if I'm the one who opens trade, but not if they are the one to initiate the trade.
06-10-20, 06:57 PM   #2
Kase
A Defias Bandit
Actually I just found a solution! I started looking for other ways of getting target info and found the npc unitID. I can just pull it from that while in a trade window when the TRADE_SHOW event pops. I'm not familiar with WoW's API at all yet, I guess I should've looked harder before posting here.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » I way to get name of target of a trade?