12-02-05, 05:43 PM   #21
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Cairenn
What do you mean we don't have a beta section? Beta section.
Oops, I stand corrected

Is there a way that I can "flip" the Default Top image?
As far as I know, this won't be possible until 1.9 via the API. I haven't delved any further though.

This is because, as far as I can tell, JLB is mainly artwork
This is absolutely correct. JLB is simply 2 frames, with textures applied to both.

There is, however, just a tad more to it. JLB tries to scale the frames automatically. It'll check your settings and it aims to have the frames as wide as your screen, and keep it's aspect ratio. It checks every 5 seconds and will resize if they've been messed with.

Keep in mind, I don't hide any frames for you. I don't want to assume anyone's using anything in particular, so I leave everything alone. I personally use FlexBar, and hide/resize the other frames using MoveAnything! and a small custom script I have personal tweaks in. My brother uses MA and CT_BottomBar, and I've seen Loz's DAB used as well. It's all personal preference really.

What is the main difference between 1800.6 and 1.9
One line of code (line 122). WoW 1.9 scales in an entirely different way than anything pre-1.9. I'm still not quite sure exactly how to figure out the correct scale, but I found a combination that seems to always return the correct scale. Keep in mind these textures were created at 1280 width, meaning the scale is already off by 0.2, and I have to compensate for that.
12-02-05, 10:35 PM   #22
dhmorrow
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tobiah
I must be dumb or something. But i deleted all UI parts i had from before. Loaded the Jason interface and it turns out like this:
http://home.c2i.net/sthelges/jason.jpg

I must have missed something.

No, you're fine. Now just install Flexbar or some other bar mod that hides your original interface. Then you should be set.
12-03-05, 08:41 AM   #23
Tobiah
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
O cool thanks.
01-06-06, 09:26 AM   #24
Exodar
A Kobold Labourer
First off, love this addon. I've been looking for a way to clean up the UI and this has certainly done the trick.

Here is a SS: http://endurance.zdoor.com/wow/pics/..._interface.jpg

A couple of questions...

Using MoveAnything! (the version hacked together to work with 1.9), I can set everything up but I don't see how to remove the top menubar from the minimap. How did you do that?

Also, on a slightly unrelated subject... the AddOn is loading for all my characters, not just the one I want. You're supposed to be able to enable/disable AddOns per character with 1.9, and I see how that is done. However, this feature is either not working or I am doing something wrong. Is there a way to get this AddOn to load for one character only or would I need to disable/enable it at logon?

Finally, I would like to create my own skins. Do I need a BLP edior to do this or is there a way to make it work in PhotoShop?

Thanks for the great AddOn!
01-11-06, 12:52 AM   #25
JASlaughter
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sorry it's been so long since I've updated here.

Aaaanyway. Exodar you can work with the original PSD files (photoshop format, but I think PSP will open them) and save them as TGAs (24-bit color + 8-bit alpha = 32bit TGA, uncompressed) and WoW will load them up just fine. Don't use extensions in the lua files. It'll automatically pick whatever's available. I personally like to compress down to BLP2 format, but that's more for bandwidth, since it's uncompressed into memory anyway when you run WoW. Regardless, the PSDs are here:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4295

As for the other things, the CT_BuffMod/CT_ItemBuffs fix and the top of the minimap, I have a custom addon I wrote for that. It's not of release quality, so I'm afraid I won't be posting it. However, CleanMinimap does a great job at hiding that bar from what I understand. The CT_ItemBuffs mod requires a polling reanchor to get it to look perfect, and since that's not the cleanest way to do it.... I did suggest a 'grow up' function for the quest tracker and the buffs to the CT team, but I haven't heard anything yet. I'd love those to be built-in to CT.

Last edited by JASlaughter : 01-11-06 at 12:56 AM.
03-12-06, 06:11 PM   #26
Cadencia
A Kobold Labourer
Newb needs help. :(

Ok, I don't know how to do... well most anything with these mods. I know how to unzip them to my addons folder, but that's about it. I love this mod that you've made, and I really would like it to work for me. Unfortunately, I can't figure out what to do with my menus and such that would fix it. I know this is a lot of work for some poor girl who can't fix her own damn UI, but I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » JasonLB (Coming Soon)