04-22-09, 05:12 AM   #1
Gravion
A Defias Bandit
Question quest not being tracked in list

I have 2 problems, both seem to have been introduced from later builds, and reseting it via wowmatrix doesn't fix the problem...

Problem 1) The list frame of quests doesn't seem to be tracking quests, even when i've just picked up items, here's a screenshot:

Problem 2) Warehouse seems kinda.. spirradic, it's enabled on the character screen, but it the mouseover tooltip of items constantly refreshing, adding what warehouse has detected, refreshing, not displaying what warehouse has detected, refreshing, showing, etc... just a constant loop of refreshing when i mouse over an item, dunno what's causing that..

Any suggestions? ^^
Thanks!

04-22-09, 05:59 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wowmatrix should not be updating Carbonite as they have no permission to do so.

1 The Watch List in your picture shows 8 quests in it. To track a quest you have to click a gray tracking button or the purple "Auto Track" button at the top.

2 Item tooltip info comes from a cache file on your computer. If it is not in the file, which gets reset each WoW patch, then it must be fetched from the server, which happens when the tooltip is displayed and takes time, so Blizzard shows the retrieving message until the game have the data for the item.

04-22-09, 07:26 AM   #3
Gravion
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Wowmatrix should not be updating Carbonite as they have no permission to do so.
It doesn't, i just use it to reset the ingame settings for when an addon either breaks or needs a fresh start after installing a new wow patch, that messes with them :/

1 The Watch List in your picture shows 8 quests in it. To track a quest you have to click a gray tracking button or the purple "Auto Track" button at the top.
Hmm.. expanding the list of the quests displayed, the new quests have an orange dial that says "This objective is not in the database", i guess that's why it's not auto tracking those ones?

2 Item tooltip info comes from a cache file on your computer. If it is not in the file, which gets reset each WoW patch, then it must be fetched from the server, which happens when the tooltip is displayed and takes time, so Blizzard shows the retrieving message until the game have the data for the item.
I seeeeee any idea how to make it stop blinking though? i think even disabling Warehouse in the addon list still makes it blink :/

04-22-09, 08:55 AM   #4
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it is not in the database, then there would be no data to track.

What exactly is blinking? The Warehouse list should just show item names. The ones without cache info show as a ? icon. Nothing blinks or moves. If I mouse over a ? icon the tooltip shows a red "Retrieving item information" for a 1/2 second and the normal tooltip data then replaces it. The blacked out window in your screenshot does not even look like the Warehouse. It looks like some bag addon.

04-22-09, 12:46 PM   #5
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

Sorry to ask but with the latest version I downladed this morning I have not anymore orange square on the watched list.

I did Dangerously Delicious this morning and it was tracked correctly.

Are you using any other addon that track things for Auction ? I had the problem of tooltips blinking one time with an Auction addon.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » quest not being tracked in list