Yes, i am also 1 33.33%
No, i am not 2 66.67%
I am not sure 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

05-16-09, 10:13 PM   #1
Krotik
A Murloc Raider
3.12 bug on new character

Hey guys just dropping a line to tell you that carbonite 3.12 hates newly created character i get two errors and the second will not go away and now quests do not show up on the map.

But strange thing is i log into my level 80 lock and all seems fine not one error. but the error i recieve is

the first one is interface/addons/carbonite/carbonite.lua:1402: table index is nil

the second is interface/addons/carbonite/carbonite.lua:2699: attempt to index field 'ITCQ' (a nil value) <---this one stays

anyway of fixing this error or is it a problem you know about or are going to update for ?

05-17-09, 10:46 AM   #2
Jezzabel
A Cyclonian

Since 3.12 is out I created about 5 new characters on different server, and I have no problem.

Be sur you are checking the same config for the basic game info.

Usually what i do once I create my new character, I log in game, then log out immediatly.

I then copy what I would call a basic template from one of my toon to the new toon.(C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\XXXXXX\The Scryers\Character1) to .(C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\XXXXXX\The Scryers\CharacterNew).
Then with a text editor I replace the Character1 NAME by the CharacterNew name. That way I am sur I will have the same look for my chat, and the places on the screen of any of my addons.

Then I logg in again with the new character and I select from each addons the profile of the Character1 for the new one. (in the section profile of addons I create a profile with the new character then I use the Copy from ).

05-17-09, 02:12 PM   #3
Krotik
A Murloc Raider
thanks

thanks for the info i did it and same issue and other people on the server are having the same problem when mak a new character they get those two errors even doing what you told me is the exact same thing.

05-17-09, 02:38 PM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've created several new characters also and have not been able to duplicate your error.

Are there any addons that you use on your lock that your new toon does not use? Maybe an error with Blizz too, there have been a few random issues coming up here and there caused by them. Are you on a private server?

05-17-09, 03:03 PM   #5
Krotik
A Murloc Raider
yes i am on a private server but carbonite always worked and i just reinstalled the addon and the same thing others use it with no error it did go away once but i had to disable quest tracking which defeats the purpose of having it and i did notice this with the old version but it fixed itself after i hit a higher level its a rather strange issue.

05-17-09, 03:08 PM   #6
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There's your problem then. All addons are designed to be run on Live Blizzard servers, with all the latest changes Blizz has made. You take your own chances attempting to run any addons on private servers. I wont even get into the potential legal issues concerning private servers. Suffice to say from my perspective, you're on your own.

05-17-09, 03:11 PM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We do not support private servers. Carbonite is designed to work on the latest client, which you may not be using.

05-17-09, 03:44 PM   #8
Krotik
A Murloc Raider
ok well sorry for the trouble have a good one i am in Canada we do not have dcma lol and it is the latest client by the way.

But none the less guys great addon.

05-17-09, 04:00 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Discussion of Private servers is prohibited here. They violate Blizzard's rules. You won't get any help from anyone here. Continuing to ask for help with them will get you banned. This is your only warning.

Also, I am Canadian as well, and if you think we don't enforce DMCAs here, you are sadly mistaken.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-17-09 at 04:06 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 3.12 bug on new character