01-01-10, 06:04 PM   #1
Whist34
A Murloc Raider
I need help with the Map

I've been using Carbonite for about a year.

I had it set up where I could view basic blizzard world map zone graphics for ANY zone I moused over - anywhere in the world. I was also able to then zoom into that zone and at a certain point have the zone graphics transition into detailed raw data.

Now I have a new computer and have set up Carbonite again. Unfortunately I cannot figure out how to get what I had before. Currently it shows the zone I am in and one that is attached to it - the basic blizzard art shows up on the world map. But it refuses to show me any basic blizzard world map zone graphics for any other zone when I mouse over them.
It does allow me to zoom into the detailed raw data view for any zone, but I want to see names of places and see it as it would appear on the basic blizzard map before I get to that level of detail.

I can post a picture of what I'm experiencing now if you need help understanding my problem.

Thanks

01-05-10, 11:30 AM   #2
smedeley
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Cannot log in to make sure I am telling you correctly due to the maintenance, however it sounds like you want to adjust the settings that say something like "View details at scale" to a lower setting. You can find this setting by right-clicking the minimap (or map) for the drop down context menu, then choose Scale I believe. If it is not Scale, it is in one of those menu options in that context menu.

I have mine set so I have to zoom out a ways before it will show me blizzard's map art.

01-05-10, 09:28 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can copy the Carbonite.lua file in WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables from the old computer to the new one, which is where the settings are stored.

Right click a non icon area of the Carb map, select "Scale..." and increase the "Details At Scale" slider to change when the details turn on.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » I need help with the Map