04-26-11, 03:36 PM   #1
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Bags

Hey all.
After logging in today, 4/26/11, after patch... my bags aren't working correctly. I use Baud Bag, and wow's bags are opening also, and then I cant really move anything around in my bags and only thing that closes my bags is esc. I disabled baud bags and my blizzard default bags worked fine (just ugly and bulky as normal lol). I went and saw there was an update to baud bags on curse and download that, removed the older verson first...same issue, wow's bags are opening too and neither are functionable. Anyone have an idea why this is happening or how I might fix it? =/
04-26-11, 04:25 PM   #2
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sassyxo View Post
Hey all.
After logging in today, 4/26/11, after patch... my bags aren't working correctly. I use Baud Bag, and wow's bags are opening also, and then I cant really move anything around in my bags and only thing that closes my bags is esc.
Baggins is also malfunctioning. i assume something about the Blizzard API has changed. it will take some time for the developers to work through.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
04-26-11, 06:02 PM   #3
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
hmm

downloaded another bag addon to see if maybe it would work for the time being, and it did the exact same thing. it opens w/ wow's bags and then freeze and pressing B doesnt close it, just esc does. everyone ive talked to isnt having an issue w/ bags, so its making it hard to believe its a blizzard thing or i would think more ppl would be having this issue. i've logged in without any addons, but a bag one and still same thing.
someone, anyone, please help!
04-26-11, 06:17 PM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
So your saying your bags work fine with no bag AddOns enabled? I've re-read what you said a few times and I'm not 100% sure thats what your saying.

You might want to try Bagnon its popular and was just updated.
04-26-11, 06:22 PM   #5
Dainton
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Keybind "Toggle Backpack" instead of "Open All Bags".
04-26-11, 06:23 PM   #6
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
So your saying your bags work fine with no bag AddOns enabled? I've re-read what you said a few times and I'm not 100% sure thats what your saying.

You might want to try Bagnon its popular and was just updated.
Yep, works with no bag addon enaabled, but i dont know how long i can stand looking at blizzards very unattractive bags.... for now i suppose i have to, but i would like to be finding out a way to resolve this in the mean time, which is why im here

i know about bagnon, i used it in the past, but i do not see how downloading a 3rd bag addon will help, when the other 2 i tried gave me same issue... but... im desperate so, here i go!
04-26-11, 06:32 PM   #7
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Well if the other AddOns were updated and no one else is having the same issue the only other thing that would cause a local only problem would be bad data in your WTF folder. You could clean out the entire folder but your settings for many other things will be reset.

Maybe some one can point you to what to clear out just for the bag addons since I'm not sure.
04-26-11, 06:57 PM   #8
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Well if the other AddOns were updated and no one else is having the same issue the only other thing that would cause a local only problem would be bad data in your WTF folder. You could clean out the entire folder but your settings for many other things will be reset.

Maybe some one can point you to what to clear out just for the bag addons since I'm not sure.
Made this reply before, but my internet froze, so sorry if it shows up, but as of now my reply isnt here so replying again... I tried bagnon as you suggested, and it is actually working where as baudbag and fambags would not, so im not sure >_> gonna try and get use to bagnon again since i used it in the past... until baud bags works i guess.. thank you for your time and help
04-27-11, 07:12 AM   #9
Torquemadaa
A Murloc Raider
Having the same problem, but using Bartender4's bag interface. Since it appears to be happening to any addon that has "bag" calls, my guess woudl be it's a change in the WoW code, requiring addon authors to do a patch 4.1 update. Unlike some posts, my bags work (since Bartender4 simply calls the WoW bags) .... it's just that they ALL open anytime I go to a mailbox, banker or vendor, as though I'm pressing alt-B; and when I leave the banker/vendor/mailbox, they all close including any that I manually opened beforehand.

Last edited by Torquemadaa : 04-27-11 at 09:23 AM.
04-27-11, 10:48 AM   #10
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Sassyxo View Post
Made this reply before, but my internet froze, so sorry if it shows up, but as of now my reply isnt here so replying again... I tried bagnon as you suggested, and it is actually working where as baudbag and fambags would not, so im not sure >_> gonna try and get use to bagnon again since i used it in the past... until baud bags works i guess.. thank you for your time and help
As you are more used the "look" of BaudBag, you may also try Combuctor. It is also working and looks much more close to the "blizzard theme" (which is also baudbag theme).
04-27-11, 12:21 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Sometimes a patch will mess with keybinds. I noticed that all of the Blizzard bags were opening with AdiBags as well. So, I went to the keybindings interface and noticed that B was bound to "Open All Bags" rather than where I had it before, "Toggle Backpack". This is the binding that you should be using for bag replacement addons. All of you should check your keybinds.

(Also, I was not aware that Bartender took care of opening your bags for you. )
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-27-11, 12:24 PM   #12
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

The keybinding dealy also fixed the issue that I was having with Baggins, for those using it.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
04-27-11, 01:02 PM   #13
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by jaliborc View Post
As you are more used the "look" of BaudBag, you may also try Combuctor. It is also working and looks much more close to the "blizzard theme" (which is also baudbag theme).
Lol I hate the blizzard theme, which is why I dont use the default bags. In Baud bags, I use the theme "transparent" so my bags looked nothing like wow's bags.
04-27-11, 01:05 PM   #14
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Sometimes a patch will mess with keybinds. I noticed that all of the Blizzard bags were opening with AdiBags as well. So, I went to the keybindings interface and noticed that B was bound to "Open All Bags" rather than where I had it before, "Toggle Backpack". This is the binding that you should be using for bag replacement addons. All of you should check your keybinds.

Hurray! Thank you Seerah!! The keybind issue fixed it, so now I can go back to Baud Bags. Thank you, thank you! (:

EDIT: I take that back, that doesn't quite fix it. I keep my backpack, seperate from the other bags. I dont like them all in one, completely. I keep the others all in one, but backpack seperate. I like it this way. and now the B just opens backpack, but at least it stopped tryin to open wow's bags also, and malfunctioning... its just that now ive gotta hit b to get backpack, then hit one of the bags on the bag bar to get the rest of them open.. seems to much work sigh

Last edited by Sassyxo : 04-27-11 at 01:16 PM.
04-27-11, 01:15 PM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Actually, Dainton said this yesterday. ^^
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-27-11, 01:34 PM   #16
Sassyxo
An Aku'mai Servant
Actually, Dainton said this yesterday. ^^
I see that now, he sure did. Thank Dainton. I just wish it really did fix my issue. Apparently I cant have it open bags if their not all in one w/ the backpack though. How can I fix that issue? Where I can have it open my bags, the backpack seperate from the others. Which is how I had it pre-patch, I would hit B or a button on my mouse and all bags would open.... all bags were in one, except the backpack, which I kept my permanate "always with me" stuff.

Last edited by Sassyxo : 04-27-11 at 01:40 PM.
04-27-11, 04:26 PM   #17
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
hmm... perhaps point the author of the addon to this post? http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...789#post235789

04-29-11, 06:24 AM   #18
Torquemadaa
A Murloc Raider
I'm not 100% sure that it does; basically, reaching for straws to explain why all of my bags open when I interface with a mailbox/banker/vendor. I have the normal WoW bag icons, but they're on Bartender4's "bag bar", which I have customized as to location, size, slot separation, etc. It's the only place where I can make a bag call. Everything worked perfectly up to 10 mins before shutdown for maintenance/patch 4.1 installation. So, to me anyway, the only way to get from (a) functionality pre-4.1 to (b) all bags opening post-4.1, is that Bliz made a change to the way bags are called, and Bartender4 hasn't been adjusted to the new call-out yet. Then I consider that other bag addons are having similar problems, and that tends to confirm that it's a Bliz code change.

(Haven't logged in today -- waiting for the rolling restarts to complete -- so I haven't checked the keybindings suggested in another post. Will do that as soon as I can get online.)

BTW: as a side note, although I've only been on these forums a couple of days, I have to admit they're a HELLUVA lot more informative, and you folks are a HELLUVA lot more sociable, than what I've experienced on the Blizzard forums. A big THUMBS UP to all of you .....
04-29-11, 06:30 AM   #19
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Torquemadaa View Post
I'm not 100% sure that it does; basically, reaching for straws to explain why all of my bags open when I interface with a mailbox/banker/vendor.
This is because the blizzard functions are changed.
MailFrame_OnEvent, MerchantFrame_OnShow and BankFrame_OnShow are responsible for your bags to open.
If you can live with an ugly fix take a look at
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-BagsPref.html

Or take a look at this
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39870
04-29-11, 07:46 AM   #20
Torquemadaa
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Rilgamon View Post
This is because the blizzard functions are changed.
MailFrame_OnEvent, MerchantFrame_OnShow and BankFrame_OnShow are responsible for your bags to open.
If you can live with an ugly fix take a look at
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...-BagsPref.html

Or take a look at this
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39870
Ah-ha! Will try those out. Thanks for the quick reply!

("Ugly" I can live with; I've been married 3 times. )

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bags