11-02-10, 11:57 AM   #4001
Viridis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by carebear. View Post
Think I agree with you here. It's a brilliant idea but that texture doesn't quite fit the rest of the UI.

When I first saw it I instantly thought of some kinda of sword being placed in the middle of the screen
Thought it was that boss interface bar :P
It's a cool idea, just needs the bulk cutting down, and perhaps a bit less wonky.
The UI's going well.

11-02-10, 12:59 PM   #4002
Dawn
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
@Zork
The castbar is way to bulky doesn't fit at all to the crisp/fine art around the target. Something similar for the castbar would be better, imho.

Everything else looks awesome.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

11-02-10, 01:10 PM   #4003
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah it's just sad. Put a lot of work into the castbars but it just doesn't look right. I like the idea but it just doesn't fit. Making it smaller wouldn't solve it. Think I need to stay in line with the new healthplates. This wil solve a lot of issues aswell.

Sometimes that's the way it goes. Just move on.

Targetframe tweaks are already in place. Remove some stuff that I didn't like and added a gloss:

Colors are depending. If you like dark foreground or light one. Switchable.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 11-02-10 at 02:22 PM.

11-02-10, 03:04 PM   #4004
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

Ok... I think I've finish, apart from some details here and there.

The bottom bar is made with a simple SetBackdrop (as well as the border around the Minimap). Chat addon is my addon with some parts stolen from rChat (alt click...). oUF with oUF_lumen layout. Minimap is my own too, stripped everything, clock shows on mouseover. Buffs are nivBuffs with some tweaks on the text, rBarStyler and rButtonStyler. I think that's it. I liked the idea of a previous Lyn layout where he had a class colored bottom panel, that's where I took the idea.

EDIT - Uploaded the UI here if someone is interested: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...o.php?id=18616

Last edited by neverg : 11-02-10 at 04:04 PM.

11-02-10, 07:11 PM   #4005
Krag72
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Yeah it's just sad. Put a lot of work into the castbars but it just doesn't look right. I like the idea but it just doesn't fit. Making it smaller wouldn't solve it. Think I need to stay in line with the new healthplates. This wil solve a lot of issues aswell.
A more ornate, straight sword might work. You could use the decoration style from the unit frames around the hilt.

11-03-10, 06:20 AM   #4006
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Led, your aura bar and the extra actionbars could be grouped up, then make another bundle for the threat meter and urgent action buttons (important stuff in one place, less important in another). Nin, you could do the same for cascade and the totem bar. I also think the raid frame position makes sense for a healer (in nin's case), but I don't see any uses for a tank.
They could be grouped up yes but I won't. The extra actionbar is just for things I click once every 30 minutes or so, that's why it's at the far right. The aura bar on the other hand is something more important.

I like the threatmeter how it is, it shows me everything in a blink of en eye. The important actionbar is there because that is the area where my mouse is 90% of the time (middle-right of my screen). Thus easy to click. And the raidframes are there again because it's easy to see in action. Yes I'm a prot paladin in PvP but I do like to know what's going around my char + the occasional Hand and heals are easier.

It all looks random, but it isn't. And it's still constantly changing ofcourse.

11-03-10, 11:32 AM   #4007
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Here's my Circles-themed ui, I really like it so far. Haven't tried it in a raid yet, but excited to

There are 4 buttons, one toggles actionbar visibility, one toggles exp bar with nibMicroMenu, one toggles profiles (group vs solo) and one has a slightly different toggle based on profile - Meters with map for group, trade chat with map/eavesdrop for solo. Eavesdrop is there next to the Battlefield Minimap, it's just faded out.

I've been fighting with the font; I really like Sahara as an accent font, but I'm not sure about the numbers with it. Any ideas on a chunky/bold, rounded font?

Noticing now the colors I forgot to change too >_> Whoops! Not sold on the purple yet either though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	groupshot.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	827.4 KB
ID:	5165  Click image for larger version

Name:	soloshot.jpg
Views:	714
Size:	777.7 KB
ID:	5166  

Last edited by sevti : 11-03-10 at 11:35 AM.

11-03-10, 11:43 AM   #4008
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

small update:

http://h-4.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_110310_1408p63.jpg
http://h-1.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_110310_1403u1k.jpg

TinyDPS has been changed a bit tho. Same font as Uf's etc and smaller.

11-03-10, 11:47 AM   #4009
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by sevti View Post
Here's my Circles-themed ui, I really like it so far. Haven't tried it in a raid yet, but excited to

There are 4 buttons, one toggles actionbar visibility, one toggles exp bar with nibMicroMenu, one toggles profiles (group vs solo) and one has a slightly different toggle based on profile - Meters with map for group, trade chat with map/eavesdrop for solo. Eavesdrop is there next to the Battlefield Minimap, it's just faded out.

I've been fighting with the font; I really like Sahara as an accent font, but I'm not sure about the numbers with it. Any ideas on a chunky/bold, rounded font?

Noticing now the colors I forgot to change too >_> Whoops! Not sold on the purple yet either though.
Very funky I like it. The font looks a little wonky to me.

11-03-10, 12:23 PM   #4010
nosoup4crr
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think I'm pretty much finished w/ my UI. Buff frames are still buggy since 4.0.1. And, i'm still considering whether i want napeplates. doc's are still buggy atm, too...so, I'm waiting. But this is what it's looking like.

OOC, "PvP Mode" :

"PvE Mode" :

Casting, "PvP Mode" :

Last edited by nosoup4crr : 11-03-10 at 12:58 PM.

11-03-10, 12:40 PM   #4011
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Except for the neon hooker pink, it looks really sharp!

11-03-10, 12:48 PM   #4012
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Except for the neon hooker pink, it looks really sharp!
roflmao! Like I said, forgot to fix some colors there XD Thanks though

Very funky I like it. The font looks a little wonky to me.
Thansk! And yeah, the character spacing for both those fonts is a little odd... it's not so bad for Antipasto (chat/Unit names), but Sahara likes to hide its 1 and punctuation under other numbers. :/

11-03-10, 01:04 PM   #4013
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

imho i like the neon hooker pink =P

My current UI Is neon hooker Purple!

The only thing i need to fix is my ouf layout to not show class colors and just show the health bar as purple.

Last edited by Nobgul : 11-03-10 at 01:10 PM.

11-03-10, 01:22 PM   #4014
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
small update:

I like that alot Led++, Makes me wish I had a widescreen

11-03-10, 01:42 PM   #4015
carebear.
Banned

Took oUF svelte and changed it a little bit, looks like this!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/4...0310160445.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8...0310193738.jpg

Probably going to mess around with my UI a lot more now though. I finally finished off loremaster and 3000 quests completed so I can relax a little

11-03-10, 04:10 PM   #4016
Oraknathal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
small update:

what addon dos led use for the raidframes??

11-03-10, 04:14 PM   #4017
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
I assume Stuf? Not sure if Led++ is still using it. If not, then oUF? :P Not sure.

Looks good Carebear! I didn't think anyone would like it :P

11-03-10, 04:20 PM   #4018
carebear.
Banned

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
I assume Stuf? Not sure if Led++ is still using it. If not, then oUF? :P Not sure.

Looks good Carebear! I didn't think anyone would like it :P
As I posted on the actual addon comments the code blew my mind!

I like to take random oUF layouts and mess around with them to see what I can come up with. I've never actually made a layout from scratch because I'm far too lazy and I have no idea where to start

I'm sure if I were to put more effort into it I'd actually be able to and be able to get everything how I like. My tastes change too often though and I can't keep a layout for longer than a week at the moment.

11-03-10, 04:40 PM   #4019
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ui
Well that is an UI I would call "fluffy". The style and I may not be on the same wavelength but I like that the theme is steady on nearly every part of the UI.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

11-03-10, 05:26 PM   #4020
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Oraknathal View Post
I use Stuf as Ferous said.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...