11-09-10, 10:01 AM   #4081
Gandoch
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by haylie View Post
No you don't. Your "everyday UI" nowadays means either the generic-class colored-small-unitframes-pixel-fonts or the Tuk ripoffs. Even if you put pixel borders and class colors on it, it will not resemble either of those two. It would be a simple, minimalist UI without the "small pixel font" and "lua-only" prejudices usually associated with that word and which spoiled minimalism for so many people.
You do know the priest class color is white, right?

11-09-10, 10:12 AM   #4082
Dawn
A Molten Giant

I wonder when people finally realize that there is a limited number of possible combinations with a limited number of elements. It's more than 5 years of WoW, it's more than 5 years of people changing their interface. There is nothing left that hasn't been done, after all a unitframe is either just a number or bars with numbers or just bars, with border, without, with art, without, with portrait, without ... get over it, it will look familiar.

Stop being so utterly devoted to interface design, it's no god damn art. It's main purpose is to provide the user with information and possibilities to interact/communicate with the game/other users, after all. It's more about convenience than anything else, which means if it works for someone it's fine.

Simple stuff works for a lot of people, which means they'll use it. And than there is the same thing happening in wow like it is in RL. People have no opinion on their own or simply don't want to take the time to get to much into something that has been done over and over before and just "copy/paste".

TBH, the style that is "copy/pasted" the most, atm, could be a way worse one.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

11-09-10, 10:16 AM   #4083
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I really like the UI of Henriks, some small things I would change (crisp borders) but all in all. I like it. Hope to see some small detail work and a new shot.

And pleeease all, can you gtfo of this thread with this discussion? Open a new thread. I may post my opinion to this damn idiotic topic there then, too.

Ah and no, my UI is nothing fancy, new, I know. But it looks solid and I like to play with it. So, let me out of that discussion (since Wimpy mentioned my UI).

Edit:

And before I forgot, new screenshot of my solid, nothing new, but nice UI:

http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_110810_213if6b.jpg

Still WIP, have to make a new BF skin and stuff.

Last edited by eiszeit : 11-09-10 at 11:18 AM. Reason: added shot

11-09-10, 10:19 AM   #4084
sevti
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by blkdrgn View Post
I was looking for some feedback on the new look of my ui. But I got lost in some conversation a few pages back=(

LOL, Anyway, went a different route with textures, added a new font, and changed a few other minor things. Still far from complete but it is getting there.

As always I look forward to the great feedback
Looks good to me! I like the generally consistent rounded edges (can you skin the buffs too?), and the font seems to go nicely with it. The boss frames are hard for me to read as the health gets lower, and the missing health is REALLY prominent so I was a little confused looking at it at first. Other than that, really nice

For my own stuff, I managed to generally get rid of the square-ness of my VuhDo frames, but it's still very much a WIP. Considering moving all my frames over to oUF instead of stuf + vuhdo; I was playing with a couple layouts the other day and fell in love with the tags system. But that will not happen for a while; I don't know enough to hammer it into circles. Also, Orgrimmar has some obnoxiously orange floor.

Haven't enlarged the unit frames yet because, honestly, I'm lazy and I didn't anchor things the way I should've so resizing will be a pain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newVuhdo.jpg
Views:	710
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	5193  

11-09-10, 10:43 AM   #4085
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I second the vote to move the discussion to its own thread; it definitely isn't posting a screenshot of a UI

On a more on-topic note, I have a group pic for my ui! Let me know what you think, please Also, if you have any suggestions for placement of my ToT and Pet/Focus frames, I would be very appreciative
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-11-09 at 11.24.14 AM.jpg
Views:	1161
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	5194  

11-09-10, 11:00 AM   #4086
blkdrgn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

@ Sevti.

Currently the Addon that I use for buffs/debuffs does not support BF support.

And I would love to use OUF so that I can achiev exactly what I am looking for however its taking me a while to figure out even the basics=(.

But as far as the boss bar i didnt even notice that. I will add the same loss of health that the rest of the UI has.
Missconstrew 80 Mage
-Many other lower level alts=)

11-09-10, 01:59 PM   #4087
carebear.
Banned

remake of a remake of a remake of the one from wowui gallery - http://www.wowuigallery.com/topic/carebear-ui-v2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TtLWuQHOq8

11-09-10, 02:10 PM   #4088
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I wonder when people finally realize that there is a limited number of possible combinations with a limited number of elements. It's more than 5 years of WoW, it's more than 5 years of people changing their interface. There is nothing left that hasn't been done, after all a unitframe is either just a number or bars with numbers or just bars, with border, without, with art, without, with portrait, without ... get over it, it will look familiar.

Stop being so utterly devoted to interface design, it's no god damn art. It's main purpose is to provide the user with information and possibilities to interact/communicate with the game/other users, after all. It's more about convenience than anything else, which means if it works for someone it's fine.

Simple stuff works for a lot of people, which means they'll use it. And than there is the same thing happening in wow like it is in RL. People have no opinion on their own or simply don't want to take the time to get to much into something that has been done over and over before and just "copy/paste".

<3

The length of your message is too short. Blah blah blah blah

11-09-10, 02:18 PM   #4089
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Dawn View Post

You rock, lady~

11-09-10, 02:28 PM   #4090
Haleth
This Space For Rent

Featured
Actually, Dawn, I do think designing (and creating) an interface can be art, although it's more of a hobby of course. But compare it to designing a building; it has to be functional, yet nobody wants a solid brick cube as a house. It needs to look good, too. Form follows function. And hell yes, buildings can be art.

11-09-10, 02:59 PM   #4091
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Teaser shots of the upcoming Roth UI. Beta test starts on November 14th.

Not much left on the todo-list aswell. Work work.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

11-09-10, 03:21 PM   #4092
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Zork, this is awesome, especially the combo frame!
And <3 the elite texture.
Oh man, I want to make such an "art" UI myself. :/ But I am too bad with photoshop and alpha channels...

--

And still, gtfo with that discussion in an seperate thread. Thanks. Even if Dawn is mostly right.

Last edited by eiszeit : 11-09-10 at 03:24 PM.

11-09-10, 03:23 PM   #4093
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Shot 3 is the combobar. A bar of that kind exists for holypower and shards aswell.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

11-09-10, 03:24 PM   #4094
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by zork View Post
Shot 3 is the combobar. A bar of that kind exists for holypower and shards aswell.
Found out before you posted, yep. It looks really nice. Also Rune Frame?

11-09-10, 03:30 PM   #4095
Led ++
A Frostmaul Preserver

idle-ish with target:
http://h-3.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_110910_213xggh.jpg

random pvp shots:
http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_110910_221nocn.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/wowscrnshot_110910_2216qsp.jpg

Quite some changes, still getting used to it. Like it tho.

11-09-10, 03:31 PM   #4096
carebear.
Banned

Originally Posted by eiszeit View Post
Oh man, I want to make such an "art" UI myself. :/ But I am too bad with photoshop and alpha channels...
Same here. If I possessed such knowledge I'd be messing around with art all the time. I just don't get the time to learn how to use photoshop at the moment.

To sylv, going from your idle shot..

Imo make your cooldown thingy smaller, the same length as the unitframes and make it display cooldowns from 2minutes maximum. Don't really need to see stuff coming off cooldown further a long from that I don't think.

Last edited by carebear. : 11-09-10 at 03:34 PM.

11-09-10, 03:40 PM   #4097
Zagrei
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
...Quite some changes, still getting used to it. Like it tho.
What addon are you using for your nameplates? I need to get a nicer-looking one for my UI, now that they have fixed the buggyness :P

11-09-10, 03:40 PM   #4098
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All I know have I teached myself over the years. Just needs patience and dedication. Most people don't have that.

11-09-10, 03:44 PM   #4099
Wildbreath
A Cyclonian

11-09-10, 03:45 PM   #4100
Viridis
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think there's been a lack of well done graphical UI's such as RothUI, in all 5 years of WoW.

EDIT: Nicely done Wildbreath

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...