10-16-10, 01:49 PM   #1
Cigaras
A Kobold Labourer
Moving Socials button to Micro Menu

Hello everyone,

I want to update default micro menu by adding the Socials button (FriendsMicroButton) that is located on chat window after patch 4.0.1, but I don't know where to start, I downloaded WoW_Interface_enGB pack, the button that I am interested in is in FramesXML\FloatingChatFrame.xml file and I wan't to move it to FramesXML\MainMenuBarMicroButtons.xml (and resize it if needed), but how is it supposed to load in game? Does it overwrites default stuff by just beeing there, like with Fonts, or should I write some kind of basic addon for that?

I am not new in programing but I lack knowledge in LUA and wow addons, would appreciate if you could at least tell me where to start, where to look, how to modify default UI xml's

P.S. Sorry for my bad English and sorry if it is wrong forum to post this king of requests.

Last edited by Cigaras : 10-16-10 at 01:53 PM.
10-22-10, 11:35 AM   #2
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It will overwrite, some things though fire events that cause certain bliz frames to update which will cause it to move back. The friends button though i dont think is one of them. If it is just dummy out the functions so it cant be removed after your code runs... IE

FriendsMicroButton:SetPoint(Your specs here)
FriendsMicroButton.SetPoint = dummy

note that you will have to resize the button its not quite the same size as the other micro buttons.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Moving Socials button to Micro Menu