02-15-05, 01:13 PM   #1
Remelio

Interface Broken?

Just wanted to let everybody know (if you didn't already) that there is an option built into WoW to disable the version checking and allow you to play with interfaces (at your own risk) that weren't specifically designed for the version you're using. Here is how to do it:

Open WoW and get to Character Select
Click on "Add-Ons" in the lower left corner of the screen
At top there is a checkbox for "Check Version Compatibility" - un-check it

Its better to use this method than to modify the .toc files yourself, because you will know which files are modified and which are not when you turn version checking back on.

Here is a link to the official thread on this: Link!

Be sure to check back over the next few days to get the updates when the author(s) of your interface(s) make updates

/edit - CTMod and BloodEagle's Recompilation have both been updated thus far (15 Feb 05) - Cairenn
/Edit - Gypsy has been updated as well (15 Feb 05)
/edit again - Insomniax Recompilation up as well now too

Last edited by Cairenn : 02-15-05 at 11:56 PM.
02-15-05, 04:19 PM   #2
Necro
A Kobold Labourer
And if that fails?

Ive tried disabling the Check for version compatability, AND Ive tried editing the .toc files myself... I use a mix-matched ui, and have done both steps mentioned above for each component and tried the game with each one individually... The result was the same with all the tests... The game would simply freeze upon load in... The only way i could get in game period was to disable EVERY component, which really sucks considering ive grown quite fond of, and dependent on my ui.... I hope the only option is not to wait for each author to come up with the fix because I have about 40 different components, and somehow doubt they will all get fixed (yes, i did LOTS of testing trying to solve this)
BTW: i did not begin editing the .toc files until i discovered that unchecking check for version compatability and running each component individually did not fix my problem

Any other suggestions for me to try verses simply wait?

Last edited by Necro : 02-15-05 at 04:30 PM.
02-15-05, 05:58 PM   #3
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Any chance for the URL or download to the app itself? Forums are down.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Interface Broken?