02-06-06, 07:00 PM   #1
T.King
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post Next theme release time = soonage(tm)

Greetings Wowinterface community and fellow authors!

Hopefully, later tonight (or tomorrow sometime), I'll be able to release an interface theme graphics pack that was designed specifically for World of Warcraft. Previous themes were designed to work with other games. That imposed some design compromises, and left me without time to work on additional refinements to patch in. So my schedule has been rearranged to allow themes to come to full term, even if they need to be patched after release. Modding the WoW front-end is quite an undertaking, so a strategy to improve was set in motion.

I have taken the necessary time to create larger, more comprehensive baseline templates to work from. Better source files translate into better themes for WoW, without the encumberance of other concurrent interface projects.

The latest theme fits WoW extremely well, capturing the essence of the city and race from which it was inspired. At the current stage of this theme, it needs minor window placement adjustments. I'm also working on different menubar decorative endcap graphics to replace the ones I previously designed for this theme.

This theme is clean while still capturing the fantasy look and feel of a WoW demographic.

Look for a theme announcement "soonage(tm)".

Best Regards,

T.King

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]
02-06-06, 10:37 PM   #2
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

great news! I cant wait to see whats next
02-07-06, 01:18 PM   #3
T.King
A Cyclonian

Since it's nearing release, here is an early preview especially for the Wowinterface.com community:

Castle Interface Theme for World of Warcraft
Human Alliance (Stormwind) Theme

(see attached image)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tking_wowuiart_castle.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	463  

02-07-06, 02:39 PM   #4
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

oh my word! Thats beautiful! Great Job TK

02-11-06, 02:26 AM   #5
Ringo Flinthammer
A Murloc Raider

Excellent!
02-11-06, 03:53 AM   #6
KyesaRRi
A Cyclonian

Was working on the cursor stuff when i saw this message come up:
http://users.tpg.com.au/aeverdsl/Diatoku.JPG

Stores are closed around here [Australia] so i cant grab a game card just yet. If i get them to work then i'll give you an update both on the WoW forums and on the WoWInterface forums.

Im also trying to get in contact with someone who has got the cursor modifications to work. Anyway great work as always T.King

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success"
"I know I'm not dreaming now because i know what its like to be in a dream... Dreaming lets me know reality exists"
02-11-06, 08:48 AM   #7
WavArt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

my tweek

This is a great theme.. I really enjoy your work.. keep up the gamage!

2 things bother me.

1. I personnaly fixed this by replacing, ObjectIcons.blp with the original.. I do herb gathering and the one you had just thru me for a loop... others my have no prob with your version.

2. This one I don't think I can fix myself. Without posting a screenshot of it I'll attempt to explain.
While in a raid, above your own unit name blizzard puts your GROUP NUMBER. which is critical in positioning in many encounters when the raid leader says.. even group left side.. bla bla bla.
The castle tops cover up Group Numbers pretty much... They are visible but very hard to make out.

Possible to tweek this in anyway?
If u would like a screen just holler I'll provide any assistance I can.

Thanks in advance.
Truper/Lothar
02-11-06, 06:20 PM   #8
T.King
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by WavArt
This is a great theme.. I really enjoy your work.. keep up the gamage!

2 things bother me.

1. I personnaly fixed this by replacing, ObjectIcons.blp with the original.. I do herb gathering and the one you had just thru me for a loop... others my have no prob with your version.

2. This one I don't think I can fix myself. Without posting a screenshot of it I'll attempt to explain.
While in a raid, above your own unit name blizzard puts your GROUP NUMBER. which is critical in positioning in many encounters when the raid leader says.. even group left side.. bla bla bla.
The castle tops cover up Group Numbers pretty much... They are visible but very hard to make out.

Possible to tweek this in anyway?
If u would like a screen just holler I'll provide any assistance I can.

Thanks in advance.
Truper/Lothar
1.) I'll take a closer look at this.
2.) I'm going to post a patch with a tiny fix that moves the text up a few pixels so you can read all of it.

A patch is being worked on right now, we're trying to put together everything needed to patch all the previous themes, adding things like the mouse pointers. (finally got some help with figuring it out)

02-12-06, 10:29 AM   #9
WavArt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

super deal.. your work is totally awesome.
02-12-06, 11:46 AM   #10
Ringo Flinthammer
A Murloc Raider

I really like the clean look of this interface. I can't wait for one inspired by Ironforge.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Next theme release time = soonage(tm)