05-29-09, 07:16 AM   #1
HJT
A Kobold Labourer
Cool mod whish: guild package thingy

Hi there

you all may know these <randomguild>-raid-packages. they may serve a purpose, but you need to update&repack 'em and some addon authors may not be very pleased about redistribution and so on.

Now, here comes my idea for a "guild package" mod.
This mod consists of two separate functions.

a) list creator for guild/raid leaders. click on the "create addon list"-button, a popup with a list with all your installed addons appears and then you can multiselect all addons you want on that list. The list then is saved as a ASCII/txt file in a more or less human readable format, maybe something like this:
<addon name>, <source>, <sourceID>;
example:
Omen Thread Meter, wowinterface, 8459;

b) list importer. click on the "import addon package list" button and a popup opens, where you can browse for such a list file. click enter and all addons on that list are added to your collection if you do not have 'em yet. And on the next raid, you aint fed to <random boss mob> cause you still have no/the worng addons

If i could program better, i would do it myself...

feel free to discuss this (or just do it, this idea is 100% free to use, distribute or do whatever you want with it)!

-HJT
05-29-09, 09:15 PM   #2
jakob42
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by HJT View Post
b) list importer. click on the "import addon package list" button and a popup opens, where you can browse for such a list file.
I would suggest, that that file could be on a webserver and the module checks, if it was changed automaticly.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Archive » mod whish: guild package thingy