04-28-08, 11:30 PM   #1
agp
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Agp's UI v 0.8.1 (Ace Compilation)

Hey everyone,

So I decided to start an Ace compilation. It is inspired by Caith's UI. This is a very minimalist UI, but at the same time fairly informative. Great for any class really, although I play a rogue. Anyways, screenshots and DL link is below. Any comments are appreciated.

Updated to 0.8.1 on 30/4/08
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addon List:
-!Buggrabber
-Ace3
-Aloft
-Aloft Presets
-Bartender3
-Buffalo
-CooldownCount
-cyCircled
-Onyx
-simpleSquare
-Vol
-VolM
-eePanels2
-Fubar
-BagFu
-BattlegroundFu
-ClockFu
-DuraTek
-ErrorMonsterFu
-FriendsFu
-GuildFu
-HonorFu
-PerformanceFu
-LibSharedMedia-2.0
-Omen
-OneBag
-Parrot
-Pitbull
-PoisonMenu
-Prat
-Quartz
-Recount
-SharedMedia
-simpleMiniMap
-WIM*
-Options*
*Not an Ace addon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This compilation is still in its very early stages, so expect many updates and layount fixes/changes.

Cheers!

Screen Shots:
RAID: M1 M2
IC: M1 M2
OOC: M1 M2

NB: Winzip or Stuffit required to expanded files.
Interface, fonts, and WTF are attached, as well as a read me with installation instructions.

Please let me know immediatly if you have any trouble unziping, or otherwise installing/using my UI.

Disclaimer: I take not credit for the code or actual creation of each individual addons. These are not my works, I simple compiled them, blah blah blah.

I will respond to any comments/questions here, or at: [email protected]

Last edited by agp : 04-30-08 at 07:38 AM. Reason: removed external links
04-29-08, 01:59 AM   #2
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
Hi there AGP,

Your UI is minimal- I like minimal. =)

May I suggest that you convert your SS to jpg types? They will load quite a bit faster than the .png files.

The in-game SS generator will create jpg files for you, or you could use something like Paint.Net to convert.

Keep up the good work,

Nikk
04-29-08, 02:48 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You may want to consider uploading your UI to WoWI rather than using one of those download services. It's much more convenient to download from this site as opposed to those download services. Plus it does not cost you anything.
04-29-08, 04:58 AM   #4
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
nice.
but caith isn't discontinued...
caith
04-29-08, 07:35 AM   #5
agp
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by doc309 View Post
nice.
but caith isn't discontinued...
caith
My mistake. Thanks for the link!
Originally Posted by Xinh View Post
You may want to consider uploading your UI to WoWI rather than using one of those download services. It's much more convenient to download from this site as opposed to those download services. Plus it does not cost you anything.
I'm not to sure how to do this. Something about a user portal? Can someone point me in the right direction?
Originally Posted by Nechckn View Post
Hi there AGP,

Your UI is minimal- I like minimal. =)

May I suggest that you convert your SS to jpg types? They will load quite a bit faster than the .png files.

The in-game SS generator will create jpg files for you, or you could use something like Paint.Net to convert.

Keep up the good work,

Nikk
Agreed. The only reason its .png is because my Macbook doesn't have an F13 button, so I use the OS screen capture which defaults to .png. Thanks for the tip tho, I'll change it soon as I get a chance.

I love minimalist as well. I can't stand to have a cluttered screen.
04-29-08, 08:58 AM   #6
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by agp View Post
My mistake. Thanks for the link!

I'm not to sure how to do this. Something about a user portal? Can someone point me in the right direction?
Look on the right side of the main page under the ad box and you will find some controls. One of those controls is "Upload and Update" (<- Linked for ya). Click on that to goto the Upload page. The portal is for if you want a central place to communicate to users, take bug reports and have all your mods in a easy to locate place.

Agreed. The only reason its .png is because my Macbook doesn't have an F13 button, so I use the OS screen capture which defaults to .png. Thanks for the tip tho, I'll change it soon as I get a chance.
F13? On PCs the screenshot key is normally PrtScn (Print Screen). However with both platforms you can easily change this via the Keybindings screen (Esc -> Keybindings). Just bind WoW's Print Screen command to the key or key combo of your choice.

I love minimalist as well. I can't stand to have a cluttered screen.
I know the feeling, I have been working toward a "minimalist" setup myself.
04-29-08, 10:03 AM   #7
agp
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Xinh View Post
Look on the right side of the main page under the ad box and you will find some controls. One of those controls is "Upload and Update" (<- Linked for ya). Click on that to goto the Upload page. The portal is for if you want a central place to communicate to users, take bug reports and have all your mods in a easy to locate place.

F13? On PCs the screenshot key is normally PrtScn (Print Screen). However with both platforms you can easily change this via the Keybindings screen (Esc -> Keybindings). Just bind WoW's Print Screen command to the key or key combo of your choice.

I know the feeling, I have been working toward a "minimalist" setup myself.
Yeah Apple computers do not have a PrintScreen button, so it's F13 for us. But since I have a condensed keyboard on my notebook, it only goes up to F12. So I use the screencapture function (Command+Shift+3) to take SS. Yeah, I know I can rebind it, but it's just as easy to use the screen capture function :P

I'll check out the uploading. Thanks for the link
04-29-08, 10:33 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thank you for your upload to this site - it has been approved.

Just a couple notes after scanning through your description:
You can correct that Caith's UI isn't discontinued
You had a copy/paste error and show your included addons twice
While you may be able to obtain all of those addons from wowace.com, they are not all addons written with the Ace framework.
You can feel free to remove the alternate download links if you wish (I will be removing them from your post above.)

edit: you can edit your description by selecting to update your addon, but by keeping the current file.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-29-08, 11:03 AM   #9
agp
A Murloc Raider
Thanks Seerah! I'll make the changes

EDIT: Noob question: How do I get to my download area thinger?

Last edited by agp : 04-29-08 at 11:06 AM.
04-29-08, 12:02 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
1. Search for the name of your addon or your name as author
2. From the Community tab click "My Addons" in the box where it says "Logged In" and "Private Messages" etc.
3. From the Community or AddOns tabs click on "My Addons" in the header
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-30-08, 07:40 AM   #11
agp
A Murloc Raider
Updated. Check it out. (0.8.1)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Agp's UI v 0.8.0 (Ace Compilation)