01-03-07, 10:42 PM   #1
Seeker1728
A Murloc Raider
Bartender3 and missing bars

I recently installed the new Insomniax compilation that had Trinity Bars as part of it's suite. Well the Trinity bar mod had a lot of problems (though it did look nice) and on the LedMirage forums it was suggested to try Bartender3. After downloading it and installing it, I got onto my character, went into the Addon menu, and disabled Trinity Buttons and enabled Bartender3. Turned out to be a great choice, took a little bit of learning of how to set up pages and such, but I figured it out. Then I loaded my Warlock, set things up as I like them, and again, good expierence.

Tonight I log onto a different server (gotta love it when your server suddenly sees a population surge and you wind up in a que for 40 mins, hence why I started on a different server ) with another Warlock, having to set up the screen again, I noticed I hadn't disabled the Trinity mod, so I had both bar addons up. I log out, disable Trinity, and log back in. Bartender3 shows up just fine, and I start to adjust the layout to what I had on my other character on the other server. That's when I notice I'm missing 4 action bars. When I loaded my first character, I had all 10 action bars, hid the ones I didn't need, and used the rest. Same with the Warlock on Server A. But on Server B, bars 2, 7, 9 & 10 are missing. I went to the button on the map's edge to shift+click it to see if they were perhaps just hidden, but they weren't hidden, they were flat out missing. I went into the BLIZZ interface thinking that maybe I had to enable all of the lower/right buttons, but that didn't reveal the hidden bars either. Any ideas of how to restore these "lost" bars?
01-04-07, 12:33 PM   #2
Seeker1728
A Murloc Raider
Still seeking any available help, anyone care to offer any?
01-04-07, 12:46 PM   #3
Hallithron
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The simplest route, which I realize is probably not what you were hoping for, is probably to delete the Bartender3.lua and TrinityButtons.lua files from the applicable savedvariables folder. If that doesn't work, you could take a look at deleting the appropriate layout-cache.txt files. Barring that, I'd come asking for more help before doing something as drastic as deleting your WTF folder, though that would likely do the trick.
01-04-07, 01:34 PM   #4
Seeker1728
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Hallithron
The simplest route, which I realize is probably not what you were hoping for, is probably to delete the Bartender3.lua and TrinityButtons.lua files from the applicable savedvariables folder. If that doesn't work, you could take a look at deleting the appropriate layout-cache.txt files. Barring that, I'd come asking for more help before doing something as drastic as deleting your WTF folder, though that would likely do the trick.
Hi there Hallithron, thanks for the suggestions. I tried your suggestions out but to no avail. Would deleting the WTF folder pretty much take care of it? I'm not that worried about deleting it and having to go through a set up routine again, I typically go through that every time the Insomniax compilation changes where a upgrade isn't a option. Granted it makes for one of those 2 hour sessions where all you do is set up your screen, but I can live with that if it'll bring back all the action bars. Not having access to 40% of the bars really does a number on me.
01-04-07, 06:31 PM   #5
Bladewraith
A Murloc Raider

If you aren't going to use trinity buttons, then try this:

Go into your add-ons directory and delete the trinity bars folder.

Next, go into your SavedVariables folder and delete both the .lua and .lua.bak for both Trinity Bars and Bartender3...Yes, there'll be 2 of each. remove them both.

While you're at it, make sure you go back into your AddOns directory and remove completely every mod you no longer want/use. Trust me, they can cause problems when you least expect it.

When you log back in, make sure you set to load all addons (at least this one time). After you log in on a character, check to see if the bars are there now. If not, go into Bartender3 config and under Profile, select Default.

/console reloadui

If they ar there, there you go. If you still don't see anything, go back into B3 config and reset to defaults.

/console reloadui

If the missing bars are still missing, try logging out and deleting first just the folder for the character missing bars under WTF. If that doesn't fix it, the next step is removal of WTF altogether.

Now, this happened to me with Fubar_FuXPFu, and I ended up having to move my whole Interface folder out, deleting my WTF and Cache folders, logging in once, then going out and manually reinstalling my mods (copied the Interface folder out instead of deleting so I knew which mods to reinstall). This only happened once, though, so...

At any rate, try the easier ones first before moving on to more drastic measures.
01-05-07, 04:22 PM   #6
Seeker1728
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Bladewraith
If you aren't going to use trinity buttons, then try this:

Go into your add-ons directory and delete the trinity bars folder.

Next, go into your SavedVariables folder and delete both the .lua and .lua.bak for both Trinity Bars and Bartender3...Yes, there'll be 2 of each. remove them both.

While you're at it, make sure you go back into your AddOns directory and remove completely every mod you no longer want/use. Trust me, they can cause problems when you least expect it.

When you log back in, make sure you set to load all addons (at least this one time). After you log in on a character, check to see if the bars are there now. If not, go into Bartender3 config and under Profile, select Default.

/console reloadui

If they ar there, there you go. If you still don't see anything, go back into B3 config and reset to defaults.

/console reloadui

If the missing bars are still missing, try logging out and deleting first just the folder for the character missing bars under WTF. If that doesn't fix it, the next step is removal of WTF altogether.

Now, this happened to me with Fubar_FuXPFu, and I ended up having to move my whole Interface folder out, deleting my WTF and Cache folders, logging in once, then going out and manually reinstalling my mods (copied the Interface folder out instead of deleting so I knew which mods to reinstall). This only happened once, though, so...

At any rate, try the easier ones first before moving on to more drastic measures.
Bladewraith- Thank you very much for your input, though I did not follow the full extent of your instructions, it did solve my problem rather unexpectedly, a quick explanation just in case anyone else ever searches these forums for a similar problem.

I had already gone into my addon folder and deleted the folders I didn't use, thinking that maybe they were the culprit. Turns out that wasn't the case but it did make my memory useage better so still a plus. I also deleted the related .lua files but again, no luck in any change, but it was your suggestion of logging and to go into B3's config and selecting a profile. This was new to me!!! I didn't know that B3 let one do that, once I followed your instruction to draw up that menu, I noticed that there were all 10 bars listed, and that the missing ones weren't Enabled. After Enabling them, they returned back for my use. That was the heart of the problem and once they were all properly checked to be available, all my troubles went away. Thanks again for your time and effort in posting such clear instructions!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bartender3 and missing bars