05-08-08, 09:09 PM   #1
moonfoxx187
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy darn it new error lol

ok got the first lua problem solved now I have the following one but haven't found a post about it (I know there is one probably but can't search for it)

[2008/05/08 23:05:26-4-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342: Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'
any suggestions?
05-08-08, 10:13 PM   #2
moonfoxx187
A Murloc Raider
Angry hmm

well I'm still not sure what to do...I've installed all 3 things it says to install...followed the directions on several differant threads...changed the text on the .lua for the player part but I'm still getting the error of

2008/05/09 00:06:03-8-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342: Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'
and my lil gnome is stuck forever in time casting trying her darnest to Mazzify me.

for now I'm headed to bed I'm hoping someone has posted here and maybe that will help me out...ttyl all
05-08-08, 10:57 PM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're getting that error, you simply did not copy Detard's bug fix patch over correctly. Perhaps you copied it to the wrong spot.
05-09-08, 06:14 AM   #4
moonfoxx187
A Murloc Raider
ok I'll try copying it again but I'm not sure of where the "right" spot would be
05-09-08, 06:43 AM   #5
moonfoxx187
A Murloc Raider
Angry Ok now I'm getting ticked

Ok so you say I didn't do it right....I wend thru and reinstalled everything to where it said to (the WoW folder) and yet I'm still getting the error! So WTF is up w/ that...you can't tell me I did it wrong when I followed the instructions exactlly.

[2008/05/09 08:40:17-12-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:342: Couldn't find CVar named 'statusBarText'
05-09-08, 10:07 AM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Then why don't you tell us step-by-step what you did to install? Because that is an old error that was fixed a long time ago.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-09-08, 11:43 AM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by moonfoxx187 View Post
Ok so you say I didn't do it right....I wend thru and reinstalled everything to where it said to (the WoW folder) and yet I'm still getting the error! So WTF is up w/ that...you can't tell me I did it wrong when I followed the instructions exactlly.
I was not watching you, so I don't know what you did. What I know is that the MazzleUI_Configs.lua file from Detard's bug fix patch does not have the word "statusBarText" in it and yours does, since the error you're posting clearly says so. That means Detard's file did not overwrite the original, so something was not done correctly.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » darn it new error lol