10-25-11, 07:16 PM   #1
Andy3112
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Map/Minimap Problems

It seems my map isn't behaving like it used to and it is causing me some serious problems. I can't find whether it's an option or a glitch.

It used to simply open the the main map and revert to the minimap with a press of 'M' in any situation.

Now it seems to behave differently when in combat.

When engaged I can no longer open the main map. It will show the full area map in the minimap. To some that might sound great but unfortunately it works both ways. If my main map is open when I am engaged then it will not close with 'M'. It swaps between zooms with the large window open.

And yes I have the most up to date version. I always do.

10-28-11, 06:46 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In the top right corner of the map frame there are two small boxes. One is for "Auto Scale" and the other is to lock / unlock the map. If the map is unlocked, right click anywhere on the map frame and in the menu choose "Hide In Combat".

While you still won't be able to change the size of the map during combat, at least if it is maximized when you are attacked it will be hidden and not "get in the way". It will reappear after finishing combat again exactly as it was when attacked. Unfortunately, though, if the map is minimized when you are attacked, the map will still hide while in combat

Check to make sure you don't have any other addons that attempt to control the map. I just checked and I didn't have that problem while in combat.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 10-28-11 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Checking out the problem.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Map/Minimap Problems