03-16-15, 06:09 AM   #1
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Question Question about logging into toons?

I honestly don't know if this is Carbonite related or not but I am at a loss as to where else to go & everyone here has been so helpful over the years.
I am unable to get an updated Time Played on any of my toons & I have tried /played as well as variants such as /time played ... I have reloaded, rebooted & looked through settings over & over without finding a clue or a fix. My sister has the same problem, yet my daughter & my partner do not.
I have Carbonite Maps & Quests Modules installed as well as a number of other addons. My Sister & I use the 2 Carbonite addons, Gathermate2 & Altoholic in common & all 4 of us are using a couple of Garrison addons.

If anyone has ideas as to where to look or maybe just a setting I missed, I would greatly appreciate it.
I did send a in-game request for a GM but have received no word yet.

Thank you

Edit: Another player mentioned that I should be seeing a Time Played upon log-in without having to type /played but that is not showing either.

Last edited by Catitude : 03-16-15 at 06:16 AM.
03-16-15, 06:37 AM   #2
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Time played would be an Altaholic feature (it is on mine). I just type /played in the chat window and get a two line result. If you have the option enabled then you should see it every time you log in as well.
Total time played: 129 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes, 15 seconds
Time played this level: 11 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes, 48 seconds

In game: Game Menu - Addons/DataStore/DataStore_Characters and tick the box for Request play time at log in.

Also be sure you have the DataStore_Characters enabled in the Addons selection menu at the character screen.
03-16-15, 11:52 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Time played would be an Altaholic feature (it is on mine). I just type /played in the chat window and get a two line result. If you have the option enabled then you should see it every time you log in as well.
Total time played: 129 days, 3 hours, 19 minutes, 15 seconds
Time played this level: 11 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes, 48 seconds

In game: Game Menu - Addons/DataStore/DataStore_Characters and tick the box for Request play time at log in.

Also be sure you have the DataStore_Characters enabled in the Addons selection menu at the character screen.
Time Played is displayed by Carbonite on load. Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-TimePlayed.jpg
Views:	413
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	8548
The only place I see in the options to show this is on the "General" tab. Make sure the "Show Login Message" is checked and you might get your time played on log in. I'm not sure, as I've never looked, or played around with it before. If you have a lot of addons that give a message on loading, you might have to back the chat up a bit to see the message, but it seems to always be the last thing printed on my set-up.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-16-15 at 11:55 AM.
03-16-15, 04:04 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Time Played is displayed by Carbonite on load. Attachment 8548
The only place I see in the options to show this is on the "General" tab. Make sure the "Show Login Message" is checked and you might get your time played on log in. I'm not sure, as I've never looked, or played around with it before.
I do not have Carbonite installed anymore, but if the OP wants they can at least now enable one if the other does not work.

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
If you have a lot of addons that give a message on loading, you might have to back the chat up a bit to see the message, but it seems to always be the last thing printed on my set-up.

Geeze... addon load chat spam. Id rather dig my eyes out with a dull Spork (did you see that episode of Gotham?) than see an addon repeatedly remind me on-each-and-every-single-log-in-that-it-is "now loaded!". Makes me wanna go on a baby murloc killing spree.
03-17-15, 02:46 AM   #5
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Thank you!

I evidently had both of those options turned off & have used both for so many years with time played on login & /played working I never noticed what was generating them.

Thank you so much for the answers
03-17-15, 08:34 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, that can happen. You're welcome.

@Petrah: Yeah, it's no fun when you're running 100 (or so...) addons, that's for sure.
And, no, I didn't see that episode of Gotham. Gotham is on TV. I don't watch much TV. In fact, you could say I don't watch any TV, at all, I watch so little. (Geeze!)

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 03-17-15 at 06:06 PM.
04-05-15, 09:58 AM   #7
ultima9
A Murloc Raider
Clarification

I just wanted to say that the /played command is a client command and does not depend on any addons to work. That said, there is an issue with it somehow - as it no longer works for me either. I assume carbonite is the culprit, as i know it was after installing it that it stopped showing for me. I haven't done much in the way of debugging it - while i find it annoying that it no longer shows up, it's not exactly game breaking, so i've basically ignored it.

My guess is that an addon is capturing the client's response to the /played command and not returning the value to chat as it should. (Again, this leads me to believe it is carbonite, as i know carbonite does display the /played info in its own text and font.)
04-05-15, 11:54 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by ultima9 View Post
I just wanted to say that the /played command is a client command and does not depend on any addons to work. That said, there is an issue with it somehow - as it no longer works for me either. I assume carbonite is the culprit, as i know it was after installing it that it stopped showing for me. I haven't done much in the way of debugging it - while i find it annoying that it no longer shows up, it's not exactly game breaking, so i've basically ignored it.

My guess is that an addon is capturing the client's response to the /played command and not returning the value to chat as it should. (Again, this leads me to believe it is carbonite, as i know carbonite does display the /played info in its own text and font.)
It's not Carbonite, or at least it isn't Carbonite for me. I have Carbonite and around 90 other addons installed and "/played" works for me. When I try it. What happens if you DISABLE ALL OF YOUR ADDONS EXCEPT CARBONITE and try it? Doing that will tell you whether or not Carbonite is the problem.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TimePlayed_withoutCarbonite.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	8558
Screen shot of chat without Carbonite enabled. "/played" text is in yellow.
Click image for larger version

Name:	TimePlayed_WITHCarbonite.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	8559
Screen shot of chat WITH Carbonite enabled. "/played" text is the last text in the chat window. The text immediately above it is from Carbonite. I don't know exactly why both are the same.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-05-15 at 12:32 PM.
04-16-15, 12:42 AM   #9
Catitude
A Theradrim Guardian

Sorry about the late reply

I have been sick so I forgot to check responses.
I actually found what setting I had in Carbonite that frelled it.
Interface>Carbonite>General>Default Chat Channel
I had it switched to Trade rather than General & my Trade channel was hidden on a separate tab.
I switched it back to general & voila

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Question about logging into toons?