01-20-09, 03:41 PM   #2421
Tamsiel
Premium Member
Aura issue

I like the look of the aura bar, however one small problem on my end, the text is overlapping the time remaining -- see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nuiauras.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	2215  

01-20-09, 03:47 PM   #2422
Brillynt
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No HUD Health or Mana Bars

After logging in with the latest 4.0.13 version I am no longer seeing the Health and Mana bars in the HUD. The text values are there but not the bars.

Brillynt

Nevermind it resolved itself after exiting and starting wow up again

Last edited by Brillynt : 01-20-09 at 04:03 PM.

01-20-09, 03:50 PM   #2423
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Tamsiel View Post
I like the look of the aura bar, however one small problem on my end, the text is overlapping the time remaining -- see attached.

Same for me..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_012009_021745.jpg
Views:	708
Size:	381.8 KB
ID:	2216  

01-20-09, 04:08 PM   #2424
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Exclamation mini button bag not working

Hi I posted under some one eles in the main fourm for the nui as they had already post the issues there and i have same ones.

so just copyed and will past here

I also get the same thing so juast add my post.

Originally posted by emodeathmachine
Just logged into live with patch 3.0.8 and something about the minimap button bag is broken. I noticed it with all my addons enabled then went and tested it with only nUI enabled and I get the same error each time.

Code:
   Call failed: [string "		if ButtonBag:IsVisible() then..."] line 1:
   attempt to call method 'IsVisible' (a nil value)
Debug:
   (tail call): ?
   [C]: ?
   ..\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:840:
      ..\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:833
   ..\FrameXML\SecureHandlers.lua:144: SecureHandler_OnClick()
   [string "*:OnClick"]:1:
      [string "*:OnClick"]:1

01-20-09, 04:48 PM   #2425
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
aura addon

Date: 2009-01-20 15:48:07
ID: -1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to concatenate a nil value
Debug:
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:750:
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:717

here is my error

01-20-09, 06:05 PM   #2426
spiel2001
nUI's Author

mscott -- are you playing in English or another language?

For the life of me I cannot figure out how or why anyone would ever get that error.

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
Date: 2009-01-20 15:48:07
ID: -1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to concatenate a nil value
Debug:
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:750:
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:717

here is my error

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-20-09, 06:31 PM   #2427
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
NUi doesn't work after WoW 3.0.8 update

I am getting a similar error, however that is the least of the problems after today's WoW patch for 3.0.8. Now the NUi interface is only partially there.

There are no longer any action buttons, except for the ones for the familiar (imp) with my Warlock character.

The mini map is back where the standard interface had it in the top right hand corner.

The combat log will no longer toggle as a map.

The chat box is there, but the up and down arrows are gone.

All of the player info boxes in the middle are gone.

I love NUi, but now it is completely useless.

Please fix fast!

Thanks

01-20-09, 06:47 PM   #2428
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
mscott -- are you playing in English or another language?

For the life of me I cannot figure out how or why anyone would ever get that error.
i know my typing is bad but geez... lol j/k im on English.. or is it texan version?

:-) the auras work but the error its getting picked up by swatter.

01-20-09, 07:02 PM   #2429
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
More info

NUi isn't working. It worked before the WoW 3.0.8 upgrade.

I have an error that says :

Interface\AddOns\nUI\Bars\nUI_ButtonBar.Iua:444: CreateFrame(): Couldn't find inherited node "SecureHandlerShowHideTemplate"

If it makes any difference I am using a Mac.

01-20-09, 07:28 PM   #2430
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
i like the aura bars, is there a way to make them a little smaller and have a graphical timer bar rather than a text timer on them.

just an idea, thanks.

01-20-09, 07:31 PM   #2431
yoisama
A Defias Bandit
For the nUI, is there a way to move the action bars and xp bar as seen in the pictures? And for the 25 man raids, I only see 10 of my party members, what's up with that?

And is there a way to make the action bars larger? Because currently they're small and hurt my eyes.

EDIT: Mad props on the UI, somethings don't work for me, but overall I love it to death. Still getting used to the peoples being on the bottom, but still. Love it man, keep it up.

Last edited by yoisama : 01-20-09 at 07:42 PM.

01-20-09, 07:36 PM   #2432
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
How is anyone getting nUI to work now?

I don't understand how anyone can even be discussing the aura bars. I can't get the nUI interface to work at all since Blizzard pushed the 3.0.8 patch. All action buttons are GONE. the mini map - GONE, everything below the action button bars (that aren't there anymore) GONE. The only things left are the bar at the top showing the links to character info, spellbook, etc. and the chat and battle boxes.

I have tried adding this new Aura addon thinking that maybe it would patch these nUI issues, but no luck. I have tried removing all addons, logging in and then quitting, then turning on only nUI. No luck. It's broke, bad.

01-20-09, 08:02 PM   #2433
Martinus
An Aku'mai Servant
Strange, beside the button bag, everything is working fine here.

Martinus

01-20-09, 08:03 PM   #2434
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI_AuraBars v1.02.00 has just been released...

1.02.00 -- This update includes fixed label height and width values in the skin definitions which, together with nUI v4.14.00 Beta, will cause the aura label to truncate the name of the aura if it would otherwise overlap the countdown timer for the aura.

This update is (or will be) available for download from any of the following locations... Screenshots can be seen at either of the following... A complete list of optional nUI plugins and dashboard skins can be found at the following...

01-20-09, 08:16 PM   #2435
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
Fixed it - I think

Hey, I downloaded the nUI v4.13.00 (Beta) version, which must have been a slight step up from the version I had downloaded a couple weeks ago and now the interface is back. I have not played yet to fully test it out, I just wanted to report back and say that now everything appears normal again at first glance.

01-20-09, 08:16 PM   #2436
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by aessedai View Post
I don't understand how anyone can even be discussing the aura bars. I can't get the nUI interface to work at all since Blizzard pushed the 3.0.8 patch. All action buttons are GONE. the mini map - GONE, everything below the action button bars (that aren't there anymore) GONE. The only things left are the bar at the top showing the links to character info, spellbook, etc. and the chat and battle boxes.

I have tried adding this new Aura addon thinking that maybe it would patch these nUI issues, but no luck. I have tried removing all addons, logging in and then quitting, then turning on only nUI. No luck. It's broke, bad.
What version of nUI are you running. My stepson still had 4.04 and had the same problem. Everything disappeared. I updated him to 4.13 and everything was fine.

01-20-09, 08:21 PM   #2437
Dramber
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thumbs up

Thank you sir!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 4.14.00 (Beta)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Added the chat frame menu button back to the chat frame (for emotes and languages)

* Fixed a bug in the button bag introduced by WoW patch 3.0.8

* Modified the aura bar labels to support a fixed height and width to provide for
either word wrapping or truncation aura names that would overflow the space -- users
who have installed nUI_AuraBars and are having issues with long aura names overlapping
the aura timers will need to download v1.02.00 of the nUI_AuraBars plugin

* Fixed a rendering artifact in dynamically sized aura bars where the size was not
reset to zero when the underlying unit dies

-Napoleon Dynamage

01-20-09, 08:22 PM   #2438
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta v4.14.00 has just been released...

This update fixes a bug introduced into the bag bar as of today's WoW 3.0.8 patch. It also fixes a bug in the nUI_AuraBars plugin which caused long aura names to overlap the countdown timer. Finally, it adds back the chat frame menu bubble for emotes and language selection.

As always, please report any bugs you come across at the official support site at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16845 if at all possible. Otherwise, bugs can be reported on any of the nUI comment boards or via direct e-mail to me at [email protected]

The current release is (or will be) available for download at any of the following locations...My continued thanks to everyone for their support!

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Please visit https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...tton_id=681357 to make a donation now!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

Version 4.14.00 (Beta)

* Added the chat frame menu button back to the chat frame (for emotes and languages)

* Fixed a bug in the button bag introduced by WoW patch 3.0.8

* Modified the aura bar labels to support a fixed height and width to provide for
either word wrapping or truncation aura names that would overflow the space -- users
who have installed nUI_AuraBars and are having issues with long aura names overlapping
the aura timers will need to download v1.02.00 of the nUI_AuraBars plugin

* Fixed a rendering artifact in dynamically sized aura bars where the size was not
reset to zero when the underlying unit dies

Known Issues in nUI...

-- WotLK issues still outstanding

* When using the mounts that can carry vendors, the dismount button is not being displayed
in nUI (note: until this gets fix, you can right-click the aura to dismount)

-- generic issues outstanding

* If you remove a fubar top panel, the nUI top panel redraws to the middle of the screen.
It is full width and takes up about 20% of the middle of the field of view vertically.

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

Known compatibility issues with third party mods...

* Guild Event Manager is moving its minimap button back to the minimap out of the button
bag whenever the player clicks on it. A minute or so later, nUI's button bag logic
will see the button moved and return it to the button bag.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* nUI and Capping are not playing well... Capping's modification of the battlefield
minimap is interfering with nUI's info panel management of the map

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

Known Bliz / nUI compatibility issues...

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat == this is
a known bug since WoW 3.0.2 and is beyond nUI's control. Hopefully Bliz will address
it in the next patch (or two or three or twenty). You can target the desired focus
and then type '/focus' to aquire a focus frame until Bliz resolves this issue.

* Switching between windowed and non-windowed mode breaks nUI's textures and HUD -- this
is caused by a known Bliz bug in their video driver code and applies only to certain
graphics cards and video drivers. It is nearly random in terms of which mods it will
impact... anything from very complex to completely trivial mods are broken by this
bug but it is always mods that use custom textures. There is no fix. The only
workaround is to (a) avoid switching between windowed and non-windowed modes as much
as possible and use '/nui rl' to reload the user interface when it gets broken. It is
worth noting this bug affects Macs most often, but also impacts some PCs (such as
mine). This bug has been a round a very long time and no telling if or when it will
ever be fixed.

* If your mouse buttons 4 and 5 do not work for click-casting on unit frames, make
sure your mouse driver is sending mouse button clicks and not key presses. You can
do this by going to the key binding interface and trying to bind autorun to mouse
button 4. If the key binding does not say "Button 4" or "Mouse Button 4" then the
issue is your mouse driver or driver settings. Bliz does not support key-presses
as mouse clicks directly and mods like Clique cannot detect key presses in that way.

To-Do List / Planned features

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add an option to disable nUI noob tooltips

* Add vehicle frame/mode integration to the dashboard

* Death Knights need a timer for their pet expiration... should also have a ghoul timer

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add recommended zone functionality to the location box a la FuBar RecZone

* Add a swing timer

* Automatic announcement of key debuffs in raid/party chat (i.e. chains of ice)

Last edited by spiel2001 : 01-20-09 at 08:28 PM.

01-20-09, 08:38 PM   #2439
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This bug was fixed a couple of releases ago... I'm assuming you have not updated your version of nUI. You should download the v4.14.00 release that I just put out this evening in which case you should have no compatibility issues with the 3.0.8 WoW patch.

Originally Posted by aessedai View Post
NUi isn't working. It worked before the WoW 3.0.8 upgrade.

I have an error that says :

Interface\AddOns\nUI\Bars\nUI_ButtonBar.Iua:444: CreateFrame(): Couldn't find inherited node "SecureHandlerShowHideTemplate"

If it makes any difference I am using a Mac.

01-20-09, 08:40 PM   #2440
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It is planned to add a graphic bar to the auras, that's part of the reason for the recent changed in the nUI_UnitAura module. It will be coming soon.

Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
i like the aura bars, is there a way to make them a little smaller and have a graphical timer bar rather than a text timer on them.

just an idea, thanks.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement