02-28-09, 08:42 PM   #2961
leanne_andy
A Kobold Labourer
Cooking Training

Hi i just took cooking training on my new alt warrior, and recived this error message:

Date: 2009-03-01 02:31:46
ID: 7
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
attempt to compare two nil values
Debug:
(tail call): ?
[C]: ?
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:58:
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:50
[C]: sort()
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:153:
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:63
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:207:
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:162
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:223:
nUI\Bars\nUI_CooldownBar.lua:217
AddOns:
Swatter, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AtlasLoot, vv5.03.02
AtlasLootFu, vv5.03.02
AucAdvanced, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucFilterBasic, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucFilterOutlier, v5.1.3715.2531
AucMatchUndercut, v5.1.3715.2531
AucScanData, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucStatClassic, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucStatHistogram, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucStatiLevel, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucStatPurchased, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucStatSales, v5.1.3715.2842
AucStatSimple, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucStatStdDev, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
AucStatWOWEcon, v5.1.3715.2530
AucUtilAHWindowControl, v5.1.3715.3311
AucUtilAppraiser, v5.1.3715.2530
AucUtilAskPrice, v5.1.3715.3175
AucUtilAutoMagic, v5.1.3715.3142
AucUtilCompactUI, v5.1.3715.2530
AucUtilEasyBuyout, v5.1.3715.3583
AucUtilItemSuggest, v5.1.3715.3108
AucUtilPriceLevel, v5.1.3715.2545
AucUtilScanButton, v5.1.3715.2530
AucUtilScanFinish, v5.1.3715.2530
AucUtilScanProgress, v5.1.3715.2530
AucUtilSearchUI, v5.1.3715.3483
AucUtilSimpleAuction, v5.1.3715.3708
AucUtilVendMarkup, v5.1.3715.2530
Babylonian, v5.1.DEV.130
BeanCounter, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
Clique, v113
Configator, v5.1.DEV.130
DebugLib, v5.1.DEV.130
Enchantrix, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
EnchantrixBarker, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
EnhTooltip, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
Gatherer, v3.1.9
GathererDBWowhead, v1.0.%date%
Informant, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
Nonce, v1.0
nUI, v5.00.00 (Alpha)
nUIConfigGUI, v30000.4
nUIInfoPanelDualStats, v1.00.00
nUIInfoPanelStats, v1.00.00
Omen, v3.0.6
OneBag3, v3.0.1-beta
Prat30, v3.0.1
Prat30Libraries, v
QuestGuru, v0.9.8
QuestHelper, v0.76
Recount, v
SellFish, v2.1.6
SharedMedia, v3.0
SimpleRaidTargetIcons, v1.08
SlideBar, v3.1.9 (<%codename%>)
StatBlockDurability, v2.0.1
StatBlockFolks, v2.0.1
StatBlockMoney, v2.0.1
StatBlockCore, v2.5
Stubby, v5.1.3715 (SnaggleTooth)
TargetCharms, v1.3
TheCollector, v0.5.8
(ck=7cf)

Other then that i have had no probs with 5.0 on live realms, love nui keep up the great work

02-28-09, 09:59 PM   #2962
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation nUI 5.00.01 Alpha has just been e-mailed...

nUI 5.00.01 Alpha has just been e-mailed to all of nUI's subscribers and language translators. If you have made a contribution to nUI and did not receive your copy, please contact me via e-mail at [email protected]

Highlights in this release are the addition of combat feedback to the unit frames and the porting of nUI 5.0 to WoW patch 3.1 – you should now be able to use nUI on the 3.1 PTR as well as the live realms. Another addition of note is a new slash command ‘/nui hud focus’ which causes the HUD to replace the target and ToT with the focus and focus target if the player has a focus selected… this option is off by default.

As always, please post any bug reports, comments and suggestions to http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16845 if at all possible. If you cannot, you are welcome to post on any of nUI’s comment boards or via direct e-mail to me.

nUI is user supported software. At present version 5.0 is available only via direct e-mail to nUI's language translators and supporters and is not available for public download. Key features present in 5.0 which are not present in Beta 4 include 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid frames as well as combat feedback systems. Many more advanced features are planned in the near future. To add your name to nUI's subscriber list and become eligable to receive e-mail updates of nUI 5.0, please visit https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...tton_id=681357 and make a donation to contribute to nUI's ongoing development.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 5.00.01 (Alpha)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Ported nUI 5.0 to WoW Patch 3.1

* Added combat feedback to unit frames... shows a red background on unit frames when
the unit takes damage, a green background when it receives a heal

* Added debuff highlights to unit frames... unit frame borders highlight blue when a
magic debuff is on the unit, green when diseased, yellow when poisoned and purple
when cursed.

* Add agro indicator to unit frames... unit frame border highlights in red when the
unit is targeted by a hostile unit in the player's target chain or focus chain if
no hostile units exist in the target chain.

* Greatly improved the hit and heal indicator update frequency in the battlefield
minimap for PvP/Battleground play

* Finally found and added a fix for the annoying invisible bottom bar Titan Panel
creates. This should prevent that bar from interfering with the bottom of the dashboard

* Added the slash command '/nui hud focus' which toggles display of the player's focus
on and off in the HUD. By default, the HUD ignores the focus frame and displays the
player's target and target-of-target (ToT). Enabling this option will cause the HUD
to replace the player's target with the player's focus if and when the player sets a
focus. In addition, when this option is enabled, the ToT is replaced with the focus'
target if a focus is set. If no focus is set, the HUD will display the target and
the ToT as per normal.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

02-28-09, 10:11 PM   #2963
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hmmmm...I loaded 5.00.01 and when I target myself to do buffs it locks WoW up hard. No errors just locked. I have to use windows task manager to end the WoW task. gonna roll back for some PvP.

Jungle

02-28-09, 10:23 PM   #2964
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

yea scott the bar appears as in my aura bar extends but no icons

02-28-09, 11:17 PM   #2965
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
gotta ask this quick before too much time goes by lol

this

* Added debuff highlights to unit frames... unit frame borders highlight blue when a

magic debuff is on the unit, green when diseased, yellow when poisoned and purple

when cursed.
Please please please, change Poison to Green and Diseased to yellow. That's just been the general concept to long in wow and will really make me nutzo when I just do brief glances at colors (especially being a druid and the fact that I can cure poison but not disease)

Thank youuuu. New 5.0 Is working well for me so far. No errors to report as of yet. However, thinking of a better suggestion to ponder for you on the 40 man frames. I need to be able to see more of me and my target still than the hud offers and 40 man makes me and target almost as small as all the 40 other in the frames :/ Since 40 mans are really obsoleet these days that not a HUGE issue, it really is just a pain during Wintergrasp since we all form raid groups before the encounter begins.

Last edited by Apraxia : 02-28-09 at 11:20 PM.

02-28-09, 11:36 PM   #2966
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
locking up

mine is locking up too when i target my self.

02-28-09, 11:41 PM   #2967
beatific
Priest, Arygos
Premium Member
Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
mine is locking up too when i target my self.
Having the same problem...self-targeting causes a complete lock - up. This is for the Alpha 5.00.01

Last edited by beatific : 03-01-09 at 08:21 AM.

02-28-09, 11:45 PM   #2968
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
Hmmmm...I loaded 5.00.01 and when I target myself to do buffs it locks WoW up hard. No errors just locked. I have to use windows task manager to end the WoW task. gonna roll back for some PvP.

Jungle

While testing the new update in 3.1 it did the same .. targetted myself and it locked up .. will give a few more tests to see if its just myself being targetted or anyone.

Yep, only locking up when targetting yourself. Clicked on pet (shadowfiend) and target with no problems. And just in case it was linked to raid windows tried in party and either 25 or 40 man raid and both froze up.

But the new highlighting bars are great .. next step .. healing/buffing at a click without another addon

Last edited by Xrystal : 02-28-09 at 11:50 PM.

02-28-09, 11:56 PM   #2969
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Is it putting up the pet bar but just with no icons in the buttons? Or no pet bar at all?

Well, I did 25 man naxx - razuvius tonight and didn't notice anything major. First time in there though and forgot that mind controlling removes the caster bar where all my macros were .. was wondering why taunt wasn't working .. didn't have the macro button that targetted the instructor - rofl.

Anyway .. I definitely have the pet bar appearing fine on my shadowfiend and mind controlling pet. I don't have a hunter to test that and still not jumped on my warlock to check that out but I would assume it would work the same so not sure why this problem is happening.

Here's a picture of my shadowfiend up and running and you can see the pet bar merged with the stance icons.

03-01-09, 12:20 AM   #2970
Tyrex
A Murloc Raider
I was using the new release and I wasn't able to do the chess event in kara without disabling the addon. What can i do to fix this?

03-01-09, 12:21 AM   #2971
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver
I too noticed the lock up when targeting self.Also it seems the nUI memory is spiking, causing my screen to hang for 10 seconds.I took 2 screenies that I will upload showing memory usage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030109_004335.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	264.4 KB
ID:	2328  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_030109_010502.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	2329  

03-01-09, 12:35 AM   #2972
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

target-self

Just a quick heads-up.
When targeting myself WoW freezes, only a reset gives me control back over the computer.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

03-01-09, 01:13 AM   #2973
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
Please please please, change Poison to Green and Diseased to yellow. That's just been the general concept to long in wow and will really make me nutzo when I just do brief glances at colors (especially being a druid and the fact that I can cure poison but not disease)
I have to agree with this.

Also, not too sure about the player/target/ToT frames lighting up like a xmas tree, it's quite distracting. The borders look good though.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

03-01-09, 01:40 AM   #2974
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
Yep same for me, locking up on self targeting. Glad I still have previous alpha download in my email lol

Also, I was unable to close my skillet menu/mod once I engaged in combat (couldn't see something commin for me cause I had it open.) This was not an issue ever before. I was making my specialty cloth. Saw my portrait flash red and went to hit the X wouldn't close... tried ESC key, nothing. Only thing i could do it kill it blindly. :/

As for the highlight aggro warning, I LOVED IT! Didn't bother me at all. Haven't tested it in a raid yet though so we'll see then

03-01-09, 01:44 AM   #2975
Apraxia
Clippy Crit Chicken

Premium Member
When you say 'new release' do you mean the alpha 5.0.1 just released or are you using the newest release pre 5.0? The board encompasses donated mem and beta testers along with the general wui interface population.

Also, could you describe the issue that you had, or issues? What was it that happened and then you said okay I gotta disable this.

You really must be a bit more specific when you ask a question like that.

Originally Posted by Tyrex View Post
I was using the new release and I wasn't able to do the chess event in kara without disabling the addon. What can i do to fix this?

03-01-09, 02:56 AM   #2976
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Confirmed - WoW locks up when I target myself in version 5.00.01 (alpha). Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play around with it. Will be testing the new unit frame highlighting - looking forward to that - will make healing / cleansing much easier.

Thanks Scott - keep up the awesome work. Will send a contribution over soon mate

03-01-09, 09:12 AM   #2977
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI 5.00.02 Alpha has just been e-mailed...

This release is an emergency bug fix for the logic error introduced in the agro calculation in 5.00.01 which would cause WoW to hard freeze if any unit in the target or focus chain was targeting itself… this was most obvious when the player tried to target themselves to buff or heal. Sorry about that one folks ~sheepish grin~

In addition, this release includes a couple of minor bug fixes and introduces a new slash command ‘/nui showhits’ which toggles the background red/green highlighting when a unit received damage or heals. By default this option is on, setting it off will disable that unit frame feature.

As always, please post any bug reports, comments and suggestions to http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16845 if at all possible. If you cannot, you are welcome to post on any of nUI’s comment boards or via direct e-mail to me at [email protected]

nUI is user supported software. At present version 5.0 is available only via direct e-mail to nUI's language translators and supporters and is not available for public download. Key features present in 5.0 which are not present in Beta 4 include 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid frames as well as combat feedback systems. Many more advanced features are planned in the near future. To add your name to nUI's subscriber list and become eligable to receive e-mail updates of nUI 5.0, please visit https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...tton_id=681357 and make a donation to contribute to nUI's ongoing development.

Version 5.00.02 (Alpha)

* Fixed a logic error in the determination of who has current agro that caused WoW to
freeze if any unit in the target chain was targeting itself (yes, an endless loop)

* Added a new slash command '/nui showhits' which turns off the red/green background
highlighting on unit frames when they are taking damage or receiving heals.

* Fixed the rotation order in the unit frames to 25 man precedes 40 man

* Fixed a logic error in the aura bars where the bars failed to resize when the target
died or when switching to a new target that had no auras on it

Last edited by spiel2001 : 03-01-09 at 09:25 AM.

03-01-09, 09:13 AM   #2978
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

-xrystal i believe you might be misunderstanding me. There are other quests that use a pet which Nui has worked flawlessly with. The issue is only with the one that I mentioned. Which I think is a daily not sure though have to check.
As I said not really a big deal just wanted scott to be aware of it is all

Last edited by neuralassassin : 03-01-09 at 09:15 AM.

03-01-09, 09:30 AM   #2979
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Apraxia View Post
To be fair... I misspoke in the patch notes and my e-mail... the colors ARE correct. Poison is green and Disease is yellow. Sorry about the confusion.

03-01-09, 09:33 AM   #2980
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
But the new highlighting bars are great .. next step .. healing/buffing at a click without another addon
Yeah... gonna be a bit before I try to take on what Clique does. I've got a lot of other basic functionality to sort out first and Clique works well enough to be a non-issue.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement