08-17-08, 03:40 AM   #541
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Beta 2 Pre-Release update #3 just went out...

I intend to address the issues with the Buffs/Debuffs and the rogue action bar problem Sunday. Once those two items are done, then I'm going to plug the HUD and ButtonBag back in and I'll send out one more pre-release update... after that I'll hope to be making the first public release.

It was a pretty quiet day today for e-mail and forum postings, so I'm hopeful that means that we've already pretty much hit the known bugs and from here on out I'll be back to focusing primarily on adding features and the occasional bug fix. I'm really pretty amazed at how few bugs have turned up. Here's hoping!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Buff/Deff icons do not always display time and sometimes don't appear when they should

* Mouseover tooltips are not working on buffs/debuffs other than the player's

* Action bar page1 keybindings don't work correctly for rogues

* Raid unit frames are not sorting by raid group number

To-Do List

* As a matter of record... the ButtonBag is not present in the pre-release, so the minimap
buttons are on the map still and may be showing up physically behind the map. That will
all go away when I enable the button bag.

* Likewise, Fubar and Titan support also not enabled, so the console do not automatically
move with those bars. I will have both of these items resolved today.

* Along the same lines... the 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release...
both because I am not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix
everything at once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and
whistles if you understand.

* Experience and reputation bars need to be added back in

* Add location / clock back

* Add HUD back

* Add ButtonBag back

* Add Talent Build/Spec back

* Add Range Indicator back

* Add Health Race bar back

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

For lack of a better word for it... current gripes I'm aware of:

Version 2.00.03 (Alpha)

* Fixed a bug the prevented nUI detecting player level up

* Changed parenting for the nUI_MasterFrame from the WorldFrame to the UIParent so that
alt-z (hide the user interface) also hides the nUI dashboard and UI elements without
causing taint in combat (for screencaps, etc.)

* Fixed a scaling bug in the nUI_ChatFrame that causes the chat frame to be mis-located
in certain display resolutions

* Eliminated the spurious "normal" message being printed in unit frame tooltips

* Fixed layout bug where the top bag was overlapping the top of the screen when
multiple bags were open

* Fixed a coloring bug in the pet feeder chat frame messages regarding pet loyalty

* Fixed popup menu locations on all unit frames

* Added party/raid member role to unit tooltips

* Fixed a combat taint error caused by the nUI tooltip manager

* Added raid target icons to the "target" buttons in party and raid unit frames, to all
mouseover unit frames and to all raid member unit frames.

* Debuffs were not being displayed in the solo/player panel focus frame

* Fixed a bug in unit frames that prevented party role icons (leader, assist, tank,
off-tank, master looter) from displaying

* Fixed a bug in the raid target icon update that prevented updating the unit frame
with a new icon when the raid target markings changed

* Fixed the pet happiness indicator to display when enabled at to update when pet
happiness increases

* Fixed the mouseover tooltip on the pet happiness indicator

* Fixed a nil value error in nUI_UnitLabel.lua @ line 467 (class_info)

* Fixed pet feeder to prevent clicking while in combat (caused taint)

* Fixed a bug where the pet feeder would sometimes show no foods even though foods were
valid and availabled caused by the fact that Bliz returns and empty food list for
player pets when the player first logs in or zones

* Increased the size of health and mana bars on raid member frames

* Added '/nui console on|off|mouseover' slash command to allow for enabling, disabling
or setting the top console to show only on mouseover

* Moved the default location of the fixed location tooltip to the left center edge of
the world frame... a compromise.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 08-17-08 at 03:44 AM.

08-17-08, 09:42 AM   #542
Mularto
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Omen

I know you have addressed this issue before but i didnt see if you had mentioned if this is possible is there anyway i can detach omen from the bottom right window and restore it to the regular omen interface i know i have the in hud threat meter but determing who is who is sometimes confusing in the heat of the moment

08-17-08, 09:55 AM   #543
eloora
A Fallenroot Satyr

Just a minor note regarding the automatic adjusting of of the nUI panels for fubar and titan. I know that Fubar can already do this from a setting in its simple config menu. I'm almost positive Titan does this as well. I would consider the necessity of nUI handling this function to be small to none, and you have enough to do as it is .

08-17-08, 01:33 PM   #544
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Mularto View Post
I know you have addressed this issue before but i didnt see if you had mentioned if this is possible is there anyway i can detach omen from the bottom right window and restore it to the regular omen interface i know i have the in hud threat meter but determing who is who is sometimes confusing in the heat of the moment

Once I start saving the skin information in the Beta 2 you'll have the option to turn off the Omen 2 panel and leave Omen detached though that won't be right away. However, in Beta 2 the unit frames are no longer in the info panel, so odds are you'll be okay with having having the unit in the center and Omen in the corner... the bars are much larger in Beta 2, as well.

08-17-08, 01:34 PM   #545
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by eloora View Post
Just a minor note regarding the automatic adjusting of of the nUI panels for fubar and titan. I know that Fubar can already do this from a setting in its simple config menu. I'm almost positive Titan does this as well. I would consider the necessity of nUI handling this function to be small to none, and you have enough to do as it is .

It's actually already coded, so pretty minor... but I appreciate you thinking of me. ~smile~

08-17-08, 03:49 PM   #546
Mularto
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ty

tyvm for the info and actually addressing issues quickly thats why i reccomend Nui to everyone and its also very nice oh how can i get the beta?

08-17-08, 04:02 PM   #547
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

tyvm for the info and actually addressing issues quickly thats why i reccomend Nui to everyone and its also very nice oh how can i get the beta?
Donate to Spiel so he can buy food But seriously money is tight for him and he's doing all this for $0. Donate any amount you can it is much appreciated. Donation information can be found on the nUI addon page.

---->nUI<----

If you choose to do this to get the beta, please report all bugs/errors here, don't sit on them, he can fix it super fast.

08-17-08, 04:33 PM   #548
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Mularto --

At the moment, I am only providing pre-release copies of the Beta 2 to nUI supporters and translators... the "insiders" list of nUI users. As soon as we shake out the bugs and I can get the last few pieces of the functionality plugged back in, I'll be making a public release. I was hoping to do that by tomorrow, but I have a bug in the unit auras (buffs/debuffs) that's giving me fits, so I don't know that's going to happen. I haven't touched the new functionality today as I've been recoding the auras.

08-17-08, 05:29 PM   #549
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I just got back to the forums. I have been busy all weekend and plan to play for a while tonight. I will check my email and try out the latest release. It looks like you have made quite a bit of progress since Friday night.

Jungle

08-17-08, 06:39 PM   #550
Mularto
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Oic

Well as a part time worker full time father of 3 money is non existent or else i would i hope to see the new nui soon however thank you for your hard work everyone not just scott

08-17-08, 06:56 PM   #551
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Just a quick and silly question. Is there anyway to move the default loot bag? Where the default tootips are now they seem to conflict. I like the tooltips on the left side of the screen but it makes it a pain when the loot box comes up there also. I will have better questions and comments later. I promise.

EDIT: Or are there any mods that can move teh loot bag, not auto loot necessarily but just allow me to move it where I want it.

Jungle

Last edited by Jungleanimal : 08-17-08 at 07:00 PM.

08-17-08, 07:37 PM   #552
Archippus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
Or are there any mods that can move teh loot bag, not auto loot necessarily but just allow me to move it where I want it.
Standard WoW feature: If you go to your menu, Interface options, Controls menu, there's a checkbox for "Open loot window at mouse."

08-17-08, 09:27 PM   #553
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
tyvm. That helps tremendously. Three quick things I have noticed from doing dailies tonight while I am here.

1) The mana on my player frame is not accurate while in party mode.

2) I prefer the buffs to not have the green shade over them, or maybe I haven't figured out the system yet but I couldn't find any significance to the green on the buffs.

3) I like to see 1081/1292 for mana as well as HP. Even if it is just a toggle-able menu.

Over all though, it is very nice compared to the first version. I love the frames in the middle, they are so much easier to see. MUST HAVE HUD!

I miss it.

Jungle

Last edited by Jungleanimal : 08-17-08 at 09:38 PM.

08-17-08, 10:11 PM   #554
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jungleanimal View Post
tyvm. That helps tremendously. Three quick things I have noticed from doing dailies tonight while I am here.

1) The mana on my player frame is not accurate while in party mode.
Very odds... exact same data source and data set for the player panel as the solo and raid panels. I'll dig and see if I can find a reason for this. (besides operator head space ~grin~)

2) I prefer the buffs to not have the green shade over them, or maybe I haven't figured out the system yet but I couldn't find any significance to the green on the buffs.
The green and red overshades differentiate the buffs (green) and debuffs (red) that you cast on yourself and others versus the buffs/debuffs others have cast (no overshade). If it's green, you cast that buff.. if it's red, you cast that debuff... if it's neither, then someone else did.

3) I like to see 1081/1292 for mana as well as HP. Even if it is just a toggle-able menu.
This is a matter of available realestate more than anything else. There's only so much room in an area... so I chose to display the health and not clutter with the mana. Getting the HUD back in will help since you'll be able to rely on that for your own status. I don't have a good answer to how/where to display mana info without making a mess. Perhaps at a later date and time when the professional skinners get to work... I have no doubt they'll create much better layouts than my amateur attempts.

Over all though, it is very nice compared to the first version. I love the frames in the middle, they are so much easier to see. MUST HAVE HUD!

I miss it.

Jungle
HUD will be back tomorrow I hope. ~smile~

08-17-08, 10:13 PM   #555
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation Beta 2 Pre-Release update #4 just went out...

Okay… it ended up taking me all day to hammer down these last bugs, so I didn’t get to add the HUD and the ButtonBag as I had hoped/planned. On the other hand, I think we’re getting pretty stable.

So… here’s update #4. Tomorrow I will get busy putting the HUD and the ButtonBag back in as well as the Fubar and Titan support. Hit this one hard and let me know what you find.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Known Issues:

* Some action buttons highlight as invalid/unavailable when they shouldn't... hunter's feed pet button, rogue's distract, etc.

To-Do List

* As a matter of record... the ButtonBag is not present in the pre-release, so the minimap buttons are on the map still and may be showing up physically behind the map. That will all go away when I enable the button bag.

* Likewise, Fubar and Titan support also not enabled, so the console do not automatically move with those bars. I will have both of these items resolved today.

* Along the same lines... the 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if you understand.

* Experience and reputation bars need to be added back in

* Add location / clock back

* Add HUD back

* Add ButtonBag back

* Add Talent Build/Spec back

* Add Range Indicator back

* Add Health Race bar back

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add rogue combo points to unit frames (forgot they were on the HUD before)

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

For lack of a better word for it... current gripes I'm aware of:

Version 2.00.04 (Alpha)

* Fixed a bug in the detection of MobInfo2 for mob health retrieval

* Fixed missing aura buff/debuff icons

* Fixed missing timers on aura buff/debuff icons

* Fixed mouseover tooltips for buffs and debuffs on units other than the player

* Fixed a nil string error in nUI_UnitRole (line 633)

* Fixed a nil string error in the '/nui console {option}' command when option was not provided or was left blank

* Fixed error messages in the '/nui tooltips {option}' command when passing an invalid tooltip settings value for {option}

* Fixed an action bar bug that caused the main action bar keybindings to break after shapeshifting or going to stealth

08-18-08, 12:15 AM   #556
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

Scott,

I test drove the beta3 last night through ZA as well as Kara and I had 3 little nucances which I am not sure are now fixed:

1. Omen not always sticking to the option set when cycling through the screens (seemed to work in Kara not in ZA btw so very strange)
2. Chess Event: When controling a piece the colors on bar 1 seem to be colored as if out of range
3. Chess event: Dismiss Pet (as in the piece you control) did not show

Furthermore I had an additional requests:

1 since I am a keyboard guy would it be possible to have the diff layouts keybound ? This would include UF layout but also the Omen/Recount/Map etc.

08-18-08, 03:41 AM   #557
Sodorfo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Buff timers

not sure if this has been mentioned by others, but...

I noticed this morning that with #4 pre-release, buffs cast on me by other players showed odd durations. Arcane Intellect with 0.1 sec but when mouse over it showed correct time left in tooltip

08-18-08, 03:43 AM   #558
noble8

Nice update

08-18-08, 03:45 AM   #559
noble8

Originally Posted by MeqTrader View Post
3. Chess event: Dismiss Pet (as in the piece you control) did not show
Dismiss pet appears on the stance bar, just above action bar 1.

08-18-08, 05:13 AM   #560
MeqTrader
An Aku'mai Servant

Here's some more feedback from today with update 4:
  • Pet buffs show timer but a very alphad icons (random issue btw) (aka alpha level a bit higher plox)
  • Debufs/Curses timer on target are off (mostly when a second debuff comes in and it has to switch position)
  • Buff timers still of now and again (might be related to the debuf timers) Also I believe you calculate the timer diff from the tooltip since there's always at least 1 min diff between the 2

Some more nice to haves:
  • Debuffs on player, can you tell me where I should see those, I can't seem to find them
  • Latency calc in cast bar
  • Hide bags bar as an option
  • Omen + Recount layout
  • Tagged mobs (could it possible be done like taxi)

Last edited by MeqTrader : 08-18-08 at 05:43 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement