10-30-08, 02:15 PM   #1421
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mscott998 View Post
ok in 4.0 im still having an issue with the target of the top right unitframe. not showing up when in party setup.

also, and please dont shoot me, is there a way to set the time in the center of the frame to show server rather than local or an option to show both again?
maybe a clock option that we can set to local, server or both?

i have a duel monitor set up and guess im too picky :-) thanks man

Edit:
The clock isnt showing 24 hour format, on the panel when selected but does in the tool tip and the options window.
At this time the clock in the dashboard and the clock in the Bliz alarm frame are two separate things... but you raise the valid point that since I added the Bliz alarm frame to the dashboard clock, I can now hook the Bliz 12/24 hour setting to control the format of the dashboard clock... I'll add it to the to-do list. I'll also add an option for setting whether the dashboard clock shows the server time or local time.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

10-30-08, 03:35 PM   #1422
Gaidinward
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Just install them and you're done

And at some point in the future, after WotLK is out, I'll offer two alternative optional nUI addons you can download to either (a) put Omen3 and Recount in the same panel side by side or (b) to offer the Beta 1 feature where Omen displayed while you were in combat and Recount displayed when you are out of combat.

It is correct that I orignally stated it could not be done in the new Info Panel format. However, because of the changes Bliz made in how they handle secure frames for WotLK, it is now possible to do it... so it will be back... eventually ~smile~

Is it possible int he future to have say radial buttons or something that lets you one-click to the frame you want on the right side? Instead of clicking through all of them to get where you want?

Just thinking outloud really, but if I have Omen and Recount, that gives me a total of 5 diff. screens to select through on that panel. Or, even better, can we set the diff screens to a keybind? like KP1 is Mini-map, KP2 is zone map, ect ect. something that people could set themselves.

10-30-08, 04:22 PM   #1423
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Gaidinward View Post
Is it possible int he future to have say radial buttons or something that lets you one-click to the frame you want on the right side? Instead of clicking through all of them to get where you want?

Just thinking outloud really, but if I have Omen and Recount, that gives me a total of 5 diff. screens to select through on that panel. Or, even better, can we set the diff screens to a keybind? like KP1 is Mini-map, KP2 is zone map, ect ect. something that people could set themselves.
There will eventually be right click menus for the panels (all of the panels -- unit, HUD and info) and keybinding is a possibility I'll keep in mind. I haven't dealt with any issues like GUI configuration screens, menus, keybinding, etc. since the code has been so fluid as we go through these gyrations. If and when nUI ever becomes a stable product, I will then add all those features.

I do absolutely agree on the need for them.

10-30-08, 05:04 PM   #1424
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
info panel buttons

Ok i worked up an idea, i don't have the knowledge to code this yet, still need more programming classes. So this is just a photo shopped screen shot

But

This i think is a good idea on doing the buttons. the info panel it wide enough that it wont affect omen or recount info. this would also give the availability to move the hud button down to where the info panel button was. or could do one better and make it a focus button, so when you target a mob all you have to do is click the button so set it as the focus target, maybe a right click to unfocus. just an idea. but here is the pic i came up with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	buttons.JPG
Views:	621
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	2016  

10-30-08, 05:31 PM   #1425
Jungleanimal
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Me likey that idea or some derivative of that idea. Scrolling through the screens to reset recount data can become cumbersome while raiding and trying to get ready for a boss quickly.

Jungle

10-30-08, 05:54 PM   #1426
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Ok i worked up an idea, i don't have the knowledge to code this yet, still need more programming classes. So this is just a photo shopped screen shot

But

This i think is a good idea on doing the buttons. the info panel it wide enough that it wont affect omen or recount info. this would also give the availability to move the hud button down to where the info panel button was. or could do one better and make it a focus button, so when you target a mob all you have to do is click the button so set it as the focus target, maybe a right click to unfocus. just an idea. but here is the pic i came up with.
Generally, that's okay. The problem with it is that if you add just a few more panels, all the sudden you're overflowing the available area for the buttons... then what? That's eveny why the very small minimap buttons got moved out of the info panel into a bag... because for many users there were more buttons than would fit in the available area which leads you to all sorts of complicated solutions... scrolling regions, paging, etc. Mind you, I'm not knocking your idea... I just make a living poking holes in ideas and what-if'ing them into submission ~smile~

My personal preference is to take a two click approach... either a right-click top pop up a menu and choose a panel name or a right click to open a panel of buttons (that way the panel can be as big as we need it to be and only occupy screen space when we need it)

In any event... I like that you're thinking about it and thinking aobut it out loud because that gets everyone involved in the discussion and I like that. I do *not* what to be dictating what the interface is or how it looks.

10-31-08, 05:37 AM   #1427
Lackin
A Fallenroot Satyr
As promised,the first WotLK compatible release of nUI Beta 4 has just been e-mailed to all nUI supporters and language translators… and it is, obviously, incomplete. However, it should be playable on the WotLK test realm and absolutely *is* backward compatible with the current live realms… so, you can use this release in both places. It contains all of the Beta 3 code, features and fixes to date in addition to new WotLK specific features. Please review the Patch Notes (below) to see what has been included and what has not and what remains to be done.

Should you encounter any errors with this release, or discover WotLK features and abilities that nUI Beta 4 is either not handling, not managing and you think it should or should you find any bugs not already in the patch notes on either the WotLK test realm *or* the public realms, please let me know. You can post bug reports and feature requests on the main nUI support forum board at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...d.php?p=107376 or on any of the nUI comment boards if you cannot access the WoWInterface forum (it is free) or you can e-mail me directly. I would ask that you make note of the fact that your bug report is for Beta 4 when you post it so I know where I’m supposed to be looking.

To nUI’s language translators… at this time I have the updated British (King’s English), French, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese localization files included in this patch. I am still waiting for the Spanish and German localization files. Marcel and Carlos… if you have already begun work on your localization files, you can copy them over the ones that come in this update to test with them… you’ll find the files in Interface\AddOns\nUI\Main – please do e-mail me your files as soon as you can. In addition, I would ask *all* translators to please pay very close attention to all of the translations, tooltips, buttons, chat messages, slash command instructions, etc. as you play. If you spot any translations that are missing or any translation errors, you can edit the localization files that are included in this update (or any future update) directly to see if your fix works as you expect and then just e-mail me the updated file… I’ll make sure it’s included in the next update I do. I would like to try and have the localizations pretty well nailed down by the time WotLK goes live on November 13th.

Please note: This is a closed test period release and is *NOT* available for public download. This version is available via direct e-mail to nUI supporters and language translators only. WotLK compatible nUI Beta 4 will be released for public download on November 13th when Wrath of the Lich King goes live. nUI Beta 4 *is* backward compatible with the existing WoW public servers, as well. Those who have Beta 4 already installed on their systems as a result of participating in the closed test period will *NOT* need to download the public release on the 13th, it will be e-mailed to you directly.

As always, I thank you all or you for your support, your feedback and your help in testing.

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Fix Bliz beta feedback button in button bag

* Add management of the Bliz RuneFrame for DeathKnights

* Add vehicle frame/mode integration to the dashboard

* Spec browsing is returning unreliable results

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat == this is
a known WoW 3.0.2 bug and beyond nUI's control

* Click-casting buttons 4 and 5 do not work on unit frames == check to ensure that
your mouse driver is sending button clicks and not key presses... the latter are
not compatible with WoW and click-casting

* Ready check icons are not working in unit frames

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

To-Do List / Planned features

* Add a slash command toggle for enabling and disabling nUI management of the minimap

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it inteferes with the dashboard

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 4.00.00 (Alpha)

* Ported Beta 3 to WotLK

* Adjusted XP required to level for levels 60-70

* Added XP required to level for levels 71-80

* Added Death Knight class to unit frames

* Added Runes and RunicPower to supported power bar types

* Modified player and target health and power bars to provide smooth realtime updating

* Added support for in-game clock and alarm to the location panel in the center of the
dashboard. Mouseover the location/clock panel and click to access clock settings and
the in-game alarm

* Changed clock on dashboard to display local time only. Mouse over the location/clock
panel to see the current server time

* Removed support for MobInfo2

* Updated British localization files (thank you Noble8)

* Updated Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese localization files (thank you Ian)

* Updated French localization files (thank you Khisanth)

Just looking at you notes and I personal like having the server time and the local time JSUT MY 2 CENTS

10-31-08, 02:47 PM   #1428
Tehryn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Ok i worked up an idea, i don't have the knowledge to code this yet, still need more programming classes. So this is just a photo shopped screen shot...
That looks like a good idea but I'd say that it would add to the "clutter effect". A right-click popup menu as well as keybinding would imho be a better utilisation of the available space. Also the idea of auto-changing of the info panel (ie. Omen3 when in combat, recount when combat is finished) appeals to me. This would have to be in addition of the r-click/keybinding, of course.

Ok, my son's wedding has been and gone so back to nUI testing.

Spiel:
Still playing my rogue (there's just nothing like being on easy street lol) and running nUI 4 on live realm my (poison) buffs do initially NOT show above the dashboard but they do after I start molesting a mob. I turned off SmartBuff but this didn't seem to make any difference.

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-31-08, 02:49 PM   #1429
Tehryn

Originally Posted by Lackin View Post
Just looking at you notes and I personal like having the server time and the local time JSUT MY 2 CENTS
Feel free to shorten the quote somewhat

"Slight variations in spelling and grammar may have been added in order to enhance this post's individual character and beauty, and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects"
[0x81BEB11E]

10-31-08, 02:49 PM   #1430
Jeval
A Murloc Raider

But

Actually I had an idea for that space also. There are a few buttons that are blizzard mini map buttons that don't show up in the bag or on the mini map. Like when you que for a BG. Information like that dispalyed in this open space may be a better use of the area.

Just a rough thought.

Last edited by Jeval : 10-31-08 at 02:55 PM.

10-31-08, 03:05 PM   #1431
Zangband
A Fallenroot Satyr
was testing out the UI on my lvl 21 druid and it seem like prowl actionbar isn't popping up when it should or never

10-31-08, 04:37 PM   #1432
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Zangband View Post
was testing out the UI on my lvl 21 druid and it seem like prowl actionbar isn't popping up when it should or never
Zangand -- that's a non-standard behavior you have become accustomed to using some other bar mod. In the Bliz world, there is no such thing as a prowl action bar and nUI's action bar is a model of the Bliz bar.

At some future point in time I will add a great deal of new (optional) functionality to the nUI action bar such as prowl bars, intelligent spell selection based on friendly target, hostile target and no target, etc. However, while the capability is planned, it isn't even on the schedule yet. Until then, in order to ensure maximum compatibility, nUI's action bar only supports the bars that Bliz supports.

10-31-08, 04:40 PM   #1433
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Jeval View Post
Actually I had an idea for that space also. There are a few buttons that are blizzard mini map buttons that don't show up in the bag or on the mini map. Like when you que for a BG. Information like that dispalyed in this open space may be a better use of the area.

Just a rough thought.
Jeval -- the mail button and the BG button both appear on the dashboard on the left and right edge of the location/clock panel when you do not have a mouseover target. I did that rather than put them in the button bag or the minimap panel so they were always visible and always accessible. Putting those buttons on the minimap info panel would be a bad idea because then you could only access them if and when the minimap was active... something many people have complained about in the past.

The other Bliz buttons that are transient (voice chat, recording button, etc.) are in the button bag on the top row and are normally hidden unless those features are active.

Please do keep thinking out loud though... I appreciate and encourage open discussion of ideas for nUI as that's where most of my better ideas have come from.

10-31-08, 04:44 PM   #1434
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Tehryn View Post
That looks like a good idea but I'd say that it would add to the "clutter effect". A right-click popup menu as well as keybinding would imho be a better utilisation of the available space. Also the idea of auto-changing of the info panel (ie. Omen3 when in combat, recount when combat is finished) appeals to me. This would have to be in addition of the r-click/keybinding, of course.

Ok, my son's wedding has been and gone so back to nUI testing.

Spiel:
Still playing my rogue (there's just nothing like being on easy street lol) and running nUI 4 on live realm my (poison) buffs do initially NOT show above the dashboard but they do after I start molesting a mob. I turned off SmartBuff but this didn't seem to make any difference.
/sigh

I have seriously got to level my rogue so I can test this kind of stuff directly... what level does a rogue have to be before they get introduced to poisons? (mine is 20)

I should think that point buffs are treated as temporary weapon enchants like sharpening stones, wizard oil, etc. Is anyone else seeing similar things? Or are rogue poisons treated differently?

I'll do some digging in Bliz's code and see if I can figure out what's going on. I'm kind of hamstringed at the moment as I wasn't able to get into the WotLK test realm Wednesday and yesterday's patch is failing on an error, so I'm having trouble testing there, but I can at least work in the live realms. I'll see what I can figure out.

10-31-08, 04:45 PM   #1435
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Lackin View Post
Hmm... I dunno. I guess I could create an option for one, the other or both. I'll see what I can do.

10-31-08, 05:38 PM   #1436
Tehryn

/sigh

I have seriously got to level my rogue so I can test this kind of stuff directly... what level does a rogue have to be before they get introduced to poisons? (mine is 20).
As far as I can remember you get the poison quest at 20 (I'm on 28 atm). I still need to do more testing to see if it happens consistently. Please do the more important stuff first, no need to rush off looking for a fix; Smartbuff will tell me if the poisons are about to run out.

[0x81BEB11E]

10-31-08, 05:42 PM   #1437
Tehryn

Hmm... I dunno. I guess I could create an option for one, the other or both. I'll see what I can do.
My AUD$0.01 (yes I'm stingy, so sue me ): I think it's more beneficial to know the server time especially when it comes to the dreaded weekly maintenance. Needing nUI to show the local time sends bad vibes

[0x81BEB11E]

11-01-08, 07:51 AM   #1438
Seer
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Small problem with "WIM 3.0.2", might not be nUI's fault but..

If I close a WIM window, I either get a error, or WoW crashes so I don't get to see the error (I'll try to get the error).

It doesn't happen however when the "minimap button bag" is opened. (The window closes to the Wim button so to speak).

Anyone else had this or is it just me ?
Comming back to this, after turning of the window effects it hasn't crashed at all... As a side note, when beta 4 was out and the buttonbag was missing it crashed a lot less as well... But as long as I am/was the only one having this let's forget about this.

Another thing tho.. Not sure it was mentioned before.. When I had a party member targeted in with the party panel selected and that member logged off the target frame didn't update properly.. With no target selected it was empty, with a target the party member potrait appeared behind the targets one..

11-01-08, 08:32 AM   #1439
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Comming back to this, after turning of the window effects it hasn't crashed at all... As a side note, when beta 4 was out and the buttonbag was missing it crashed a lot less as well... But as long as I am/was the only one having this let's forget about this.
I'll continue to look into it if only because it drives me mad to know there's a problem I haven't addressed ~lol~

Another thing tho.. Not sure it was mentioned before.. When I had a party member targeted in with the party panel selected and that member logged off the target frame didn't update properly.. With no target selected it was empty, with a target the party member potrait appeared behind the targets one..
By way of explanation... there's login in the unit frame portrait code that tracks whether a unit is in or out of range. When a party member goes offline, they are out of range by default. However, your target is in range which is a model, not a portrait in the unit frame. I would appear this unique situation is leaving both the portrait and the model visible. It should be a relatively easy fix... thanks for the report.

11-01-08, 08:46 AM   #1440
Seer
A Molten Giant
I'll continue to look into it if only because it drives me mad to know there's a problem I haven't addressed ~lol~
What if it's not even nUI related ? Sure you fixed the fubar problem, not really something that was a problem on your end..

And, the more workarounds you introduce, doesn't that make your own code less maintainable and more bloated ?

By way of explanation... there's login in the unit frame portrait code that tracks whether a unit is in or out of range. When a party member goes offline, they are out of range by default. However, your target is in range which is a model, not a portrait in the unit frame. I would appear this unique situation is leaving both the portrait and the model visible. It should be a relatively easy fix... thanks for the report.
Ah yeah, you're right.. Was just a bit weird, as if the model of the target was just fubar.. Not that there was a portrait behind it .. took some time to see that at first..

Last edited by Seer : 11-01-08 at 08:50 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement