11-21-10, 11:50 PM   #1
Enthusia
A Defias Bandit
Red face Question on Chat-Addons

Greetings!

I've been looking into different kinds of Chat addons in the website, but cant seem to find a feature that could suit my needs...

Is there any addon (or is it possible at all) that can simply change font size of different channels individualy in a single chat window?

for example:
I just want one chat window on my screen,
/lfg /trade will be set to size 10 (cuz less important)
/g /raid will be set to size 14 (so i can see clearly what they are saying)
and any other channels will be even smaller

there are reasons why I would want this kind of feature..
first I used to have 4 chat frames (1-normalchat 2-party/raid/bg 3-/whisper 4-/loot info,exp gain etc) it gets pretty crowded..(sorry but i don't want to miss a thing and got washed away by different channels )

then, I know we can change colours for different channels but for me...
I often missed the chat when im in the middle of a fight so by doing this I could atleast know if something is going on.
And Chat tabs is not that good for me too...

Thanks for reading!

P.S I will be away for few days so please bear with me if you don't get any replies
11-22-10, 06:20 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Enthusia View Post
Is there any addon (or is it possible at all) that can simply change font size of different channels individualy in a single chat window?
Not possible. You can only set the font size, and other font-related properties, for the whole frame, not for individual lines.
11-22-10, 10:22 AM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

It would require someone to recreate the entire ScrollingChatFrame UI object as a set of FontStrings, but you're likely to lose the ability to interact with links.
11-27-10, 01:25 AM   #4
Enthusia
A Defias Bandit
Thanks alot for reply!
11-29-10, 04:30 AM   #5
Vicctus
A Murloc Raider

What I did was use Prat to create 2 windows, one for things like loot rolls, combat info, skill ups, achieves etc. The other I use for yells, says, whispers, party and guild chats etc. I also assigned sounds to the various "chats" so they make noises when some one speaks. That way in the heat of battle I know to look at the chat box for info. You don't need Prat for the sounds if that's all you need try ChatSounds. I used that with the default WoW chat frames for a long time.
12-03-10, 10:27 AM   #6
sylvanaar
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
At one point Prat actually did (sort of) recreate the ScrollingMessageFrame for an optional feature that let you have hover highlighting (setting the alpha of individual lines based on which char was speaking), and 2 column chat frames (split the FontString on each line into 2 so the text wrapped separately from the timestamps). It also allowed text to flow around buttons that were placed on the chatframe instead of outside it.

This broke in 3.3.5, so I took it out. It could have done what you wanted, but there's no likelihood of my adding it back; It was always a hack that I left in because it just looked really cool.
12-24-10, 12:07 AM   #7
Sintacks
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by sylvanaar View Post

This broke in 3.3.5, so I took it out. It could have done what you wanted, but there's no likelihood of my adding it back; It was always a hack that I left in because it just looked really cool.
I miss that hack.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Question on Chat-Addons