06-21-05, 02:38 PM   #1
ayradyss
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SimpleTip (redux)

re·dux : adjective : brought back -- used postpositively
Okay, here's the deal.
A long long time ago I downloaded Skeev's SimpleTip from Curse Gaming http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=425 and adored it. It did exactly what I wanted, and it was lovely.

That was at version 1.2.4, in February.
Skeev hasn't updated it or responded to comments since making a note in March that he should have 1.3 up "near the end of the month" and that he didn't have a lot of time.

I love SimpleTip.

I updated it for the code changes at the 1.4 patch, and again at 1.5, added a toggle for the PvP flag line, and kept using it.
It's tidy, it's cute, and I'm sharing it because I've never seen a mod that did so precisely what I wanted and nothing more.

Skeev did all the hard coding. If Skeev ever comes back and updates SimpleTip I'll download his new version and inform y'all posthaste, because Skeev is awesome and this is all his work. Until then, I'm feeding it and watering it to make it grow, under the presumption that it's been temporarily abandoned, and the unfortunate truth that 1.2.4 has to be updated to continue working with the new patches.

Therefore, SimpleTip redux 1.5 is now available for download here on WoWInterface at http://www.wowinterface.com/download...php?s=&id=4030 and please let me know if you find any weird kinks that I didn't.

1.5a : Speaking of weird kinks, somehow the new version decided it was going to eat all the little doodad/herbalism/etc tooltips. Whoops. It's better now.
~Ayra~

Last edited by ayradyss : 06-21-05 at 10:19 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » SimpleTip (redux)