09-02-08, 07:37 PM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Comic Contest Winners!

This was hard, there were a lot of really good submissions. We finally came up with our list of 20 though. In no particular order, the winners are:

Kaps: here and here;
Bouvi: too many to list
Ozmandius: here and here;
VnTale: here;
arno933: here;
Silh: here;
Zyplon: here;
Drazzii: here, here and here;
TS_CTMod: here;
Falindriel: here;
AcidRain: here and here;
Howlsatmoonlight: here and here;
Arathius: here and here;
Zanexnation: here;
Seriny: here;
Eberict: here;
Thunder_Child: here;
Undel: here;
MoongazeMods: here; and
Tarquin: here

Congratulations to all of the winners. Look for a PM from me shortly with your codes.

We are also giving Iolanthe an honourable mention for this one.

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-02-08 at 08:10 PM.

09-02-08, 07:40 PM   #2
chauronity
A Murloc Raider

aww thats a shame, were there anythings in particular you didnt like about my entries?

congrats to all winners btw

09-02-08, 07:57 PM   #3
Tarquin
A Murloc Raider
Congrats to all the winners! Lots o fun stuff in there.

also Thanks for the vote! Woot!

09-02-08, 08:03 PM   #4
AcidRain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Wow, I actually won? Awesome

Gratz to all the other winners, and to those who didn't win, it was a good battle! I really enjoyed a lot of the other comics, even those who didn't win. They entertained me, so feel good about that, you all did a super job!

09-02-08, 08:07 PM   #5
Arathius
A Fallenroot Satyr

I can't believe I won one... after a month of entering contests I was sure I was meant never to have those codes. Thank you guys so much, I was sure I wouldn't win this.

I doubt I'll ever leave my Tyrael pet in the bank, in fact I may just have him out every day I play.

Congratulations to all the other winners, almost all of them were good in my eyes, so I'm sure they all must have gotten pretty close.

Thank you all again, now I need to go in game and tell all my friends the news lol.

Last edited by Arathius : 09-02-08 at 08:10 PM.

09-02-08, 08:08 PM   #6
Bouvi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Awesome job all!! Was a lot of fun.

09-02-08, 08:10 PM   #7
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
8(

gratz to the winners even tho i dont agree with some of them

09-02-08, 08:21 PM   #8
Sylvann
A Murloc Raider
grats to all the winners.

09-02-08, 08:21 PM   #9
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by chauronity View Post
aww thats a shame, were there anythings in particular you didnt like about my entries?

congrats to all winners btw

dont feel bad i feel some people were going to win no mater what they posted

looking at the winners most are good and should have won but some makes you think

09-02-08, 08:36 PM   #10
chauronity
A Murloc Raider

Yeah I mean come on really? I spent at least a good 10 hours spending time making my four comics, showed to my friends and they all liked it, thought they were better then the majority of the other entries on the website and here I am seeing comics that look like they were slapped together in 30 minutes with little to no effort in the dialogue.

It's stuff like this i'm taking about
http://www.bouvi.com/sigs/Chuck1.jpg

No offense to the artist or anything, but realistically I spent hours on my comics and It really makes me discouraged when my entry's are out of consideration to comics like that. Don't get me wrong, i'm not discouraged that I lost the competition competition, but that my comic's weren't judged on the fair basis I thought they weren't going to be judged by...

And im noticing a couple of addon authors being winners for this contest, I thought there was a seperate giveaway for addon authors for WOTLK keys. I really think that people who weren't addon authors should of had more of a chance to get the key which addon authors had another method of accesing.

But either way, hard feelings aside...congradulations to all the winner =D
I think this contest is going to be the last of my WOTLK beta key contests.
But hey, im happy for all the winners. =D

09-02-08, 08:40 PM   #11
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by chauronity View Post
Yeah I mean come on really? I spent at least a good 10 hours spending time making my four comics, showed to my friends and they all liked it, thought they were better then the majority of the other entries on the website and here I am seeing comics that look like they were slapped together in 30 minutes with little to no effort in the dialogue.

It's stuff like this i'm taking about
http://www.bouvi.com/sigs/Chuck1.jpg

No offense to the artist or anything, but realistically I spent hours on my comics and It really makes me discouraged when my entry's are out of consideration to comics like that. Don't get me wrong, i'm not discouraged that I lost the competition competition, but that my comic's weren't judged on the fair basis I thought they weren't going to be judged by...

And im noticing a couple of addon authors being winners for this contest, I thought there was a seperate giveaway for addon authors for WOTLK keys. I really think that people who weren't addon authors should of had more of a chance to get the key which addon authors had another method of accesing.

But either way, hard feelings aside...congradulations to all the winner =D
I think this contest is going to be the last of my WOTLK beta key contests.
But hey, im happy for all the winners. =D

yeah last one for me too i was thinking would be a even contest but its just another wowiki and wowhead case

gratz to the people that won that should have won even bouvi cause i liked his lol

09-02-08, 08:41 PM   #12
Zirconium176
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Congratulations winners! Well deserved!

09-02-08, 08:50 PM   #13
Hanakabo17
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I agree with Dimencia that Addon Authors get their own beta key, so addon authors shouldnt be entering in this contest. I mean, i know some wanted just the mini tyrael, but all i wanted really was beta.

09-02-08, 08:55 PM   #14
Undel
A Murloc Raider

I love comic contests. This was fun :-) Thanks!

09-02-08, 08:55 PM   #15
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Hanakabo17 View Post
I agree with Dimencia that Addon Authors get their own beta key, so addon authors shouldnt be entering in this contest. I mean, i know some wanted just the mini tyrael, but all i wanted really was beta.

same i dont do the pet thing i just wanted the beta key and now those keys are going to waste cause you know some of the addon writers are already in beta

09-02-08, 08:57 PM   #16
Hanakabo17
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Dimencia View Post
same i dont do the pet thing i just wanted the beta key and now those keys are going to waste cause you know some of the addon writers are already in beta
yeah exactly, so if any of you addon authors want to give me the beta key, help a heartbroken fellow player, then you are welcome to donate dimencia too

09-02-08, 08:58 PM   #17
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Undel View Post
I love comic contests. This was fun :-) Thanks!

yours is one of the good wins lol

anything that ends with a female troll nude is win in my book lol

09-02-08, 09:06 PM   #18
AcidRain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just wondering: Have PMs gone out yet? I haven't received mine, I have a feeling it's just because they haven't gone out yet, but I was just making sure.

Also, guys, you all did a great job. I understand your frustration, but please accept the contest results and be a good sport. I loved all your comics; I really did. And I think, if possible, the staff would surely have given everyone a code. Sadly, that's not possible. This is the nature of contests.

I think it is fair to say, though, that we all had fun making our comics! And if you didn't, well. . . ok :P

09-02-08, 09:09 PM   #19
Dimencia
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by AcidRain View Post
Just wondering: Have PMs gone out yet? I haven't received mine, I have a feeling it's just because they haven't gone out yet, but I was just making sure.

Also, guys, you all did a great job. I understand your frustration, but please accept the contest results and be a good sport. I loved all your comics; I really did. And I think, if possible, the staff would surely have given everyone a code. Sadly, that's not possible. This is the nature of contests.

I think it is fair to say, though, that we all had fun making our comics! And if you didn't, well. . . ok :P

no makes it worst is getting pm's saying that I along with some others were ripped off tends to add fuel to the fire

09-02-08, 09:12 PM   #20
Howlsatmoonlight
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am guessing no codes have gone out, since I have not received mine either. And while I do not agree with some choices over others, it seems like they chose first based on original vs screenshot manipulation, but I could be wrong. Dimencia, if it were up to me you would have won for 'Gnomes Gone Wild', that one had me laughing my butt off the first time I saw it.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Comic Contest Winners!