02-23-08, 03:04 AM   #1
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
UI opinions please

Just been working on this interface. Tell me what you think, good or bad. Just made it up in a few hours today, so I know it's not perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022308_035946.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	1681  
02-23-08, 11:52 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You're playing at the wrong resolution/aspect ratio.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-23-08, 11:57 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You're playing at the wrong resolution/aspect ratio.
How can you tell? (Seriously, I want to learn!)
02-23-08, 12:01 PM   #4
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
How can you tell? (Seriously, I want to learn!)
The minimap should be round for one thing... it's like when everything is stretched like that and out of proportion that you know it's wrong. Squares become rectangles too... that sort of thing.
02-23-08, 12:05 PM   #5
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh! I noticed that, but thought that the screenshot itself had been stretched. Thanks for your answer
02-23-08, 03:06 PM   #6
Eas

ok, well thats fine and dandy. i dont really care if my resolution is right. i can still play cant i? i was asking about the UI, not my video settings
02-23-08, 03:32 PM   #7
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Eas View Post
ok, well thats fine and dandy. i dont really care if my resolution is right. i can still play cant i? i was asking about the UI, not my video settings
Oh absolutely... it's all about making YOU happy. I was just trying to answer your question. hehe
02-23-08, 05:15 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Honestly, I didn't really look at the UI layout. I was too distracted at how every shape was stretched. Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine when I see oval minimaps and rectangle buttons. And I didn't say that you couldn't play. I was pointing it out because you'll be much happier if you choose the correct resolution/aspect ratio, and it goes towards your original question of how it looked.

You're layout's decent, but I would get rid of all of the buttons around the minimap.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-23-08, 05:40 PM   #9
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Looks good. Only thing I would change (personal preference) is the action bars. I like to see all the buttons, even when they are empty. I don't like having buttons floating around in space.

Side question. What is that in the top left of the screen?
02-23-08, 06:10 PM   #10
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
No offense, but that came across rather rude.
02-23-08, 06:39 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To me also, but I decided to have a thicker skin than I did yesterday.

02-23-08, 08:08 PM   #12
Eas

sorry about that, was having a really bad time with a group.... bunch of morons that couldnt do a single thing right. im sure everyone knows how that is. and seerah, i cleaned up all the minimap buttons. only a few left that i actually use... im gonna try having buttons visible when empty and in the corner is pallypower

sorry again, i was an ass
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_022308_211110.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	1684  

Last edited by Eas : 02-23-08 at 08:12 PM.
02-23-08, 08:24 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
a bit picky, but the large button on the right side of your action bars is slightly lower than the one on the left. Also the line of buttons, models, and player/target unit frames isn't exactly center. (I'm a little anal retentive about having things even, not not as much as other people I know. )

You can hide your bartender button. Lock/unlock bars with /bt3 lock. To open options, it's /bt3 menu I think... Or, you could get a mod that allows you to move buttons wherever you like, condense them into one, or collect them all into one area.

I would still fix the resolution, but if it doesn't bother you, it's your UI.

02-23-08, 08:37 PM   #14
Eas

yup, those first 2 things you mentioned are changed and i must say i like it a bit more.... dont really notice anything else offcenter, so im not really gonna bother with it. and i really dont see the resolution thing... or maybe im just used to it. and i KNOW autobar was way off center in the last shot, fixed that up
02-23-08, 11:42 PM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Check what resolution your monitor runs at. Then check what resolution you have the game set to. You have a widescreen monitor, but are running the game in a non-widescreen resolution. Just so that you can see to compare, here are the buttons and minimap from your screenshot, and some buttons and the minimap from an old screenshot of mine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	comparison.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	1685  

02-24-08, 12:58 AM   #16
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

/chuckle

I can see Seerah wishing she could reach through the screen, snag the edges of everything and move them straight lol.
02-24-08, 12:57 PM   #17
Eas

i did that seerah. but the resolution my monitor runs at isnt available through wow apparently. so im just making due with what i've got. lol
02-24-08, 01:32 PM   #18
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The screenshot you have in the first post is 1440x900. Did you install any drivers that came with your monitor? Did you look on the companies website to see if there are any drivers available?

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
02-24-08, 05:44 PM   #19
Eas

heh... drivers... right. might be helpful >.<
03-04-08, 12:07 PM   #20
ShadowProwler420
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

heh... drivers... right. might be helpful >.<
Just like with cars..... it's amazing what drivers can do!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » UI opinions please