04-13-12, 11:32 PM   #1
Vressa
A Kobold Labourer
Smile add on trouble, but figured it out. this might help you too.

Hi! The path it says in "install help" says to put your addons wherever you installed the game.

I played years ago, and had to remind myself where mine were put so that they would show up. My game does not work when installing addons to the suggested path:
Program Files/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/<whatever your add on folder is named here>/<add on files>

**Since my computer at home has more than one user on it, but I installed WoW on the "default" path, my addons don't show up unless I put them on the path:
Users/Public/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/<whatever your add on folder is named here>/<add on files>

Figured I would post this in case everyone else installed on the "default" path, but you use a user on your PC when sharing at home with others.
04-14-12, 02:17 AM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hehe Welcome to Windows 7
Programs writing where they want might be dangerous.Thats why the default installationpath is "writeprotected" and programs are only allowed to write to the path you found.

Keep in mind that by moving WoW out of the default path you disable this security-feature. But yes, this is the "recommended" way to have a troubleless gaming experience

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » add on trouble, but figured it out. this might help you too.