03-17-07, 03:47 AM   #1
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Locations off the beaten path !

Hey all, I have been just running around exploring when I decided to swim to Menethil harbor. A couple weeks back I found a hut with some skeletons along the coast about half way to Menethil. Then this last eveing I decided to swim from the Wetlands to Hinterlands and discovered a Dwarf farm with two npc's again about half way to the Hinterlands. When you click on the npc's, its like asking for directions for a profession!

Have any of you found secret spots like this? You seem to fly over so many locations and see camps but most seem impossible to get to. About a year ago a friend and I found the path up to the Gnome airport, now that was cool. Though we did hear later we could have gotten in trouble for going there.

Anyway I like exploring and finding these spots, oh and almost forgot about the location in Feralas. Its off the road past the ogres, follow the moutain on your right. Almost to the back side on the right up the moutain is a hut, camp fire and a big bear rug on the ground.

Ha ha I've probably got 2 CD's of screen shots taken over the last year. Got more screen shot pictures of WoW then I do of family, geez now thats sad, lol.

Bellator
03-17-07, 06:54 PM   #2
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Bellator
Hey all, I have been just running around exploring when I decided to swim to Menethil harbor. A couple weeks back I found a hut with some skeletons along the coast about half way to Menethil. Then this last eveing I decided to swim from the Wetlands to Hinterlands and discovered a Dwarf farm with two npc's again about half way to the Hinterlands. When you click on the npc's, its like asking for directions for a profession!

Have any of you found secret spots like this? You seem to fly over so many locations and see camps but most seem impossible to get to. About a year ago a friend and I found the path up to the Gnome airport, now that was cool. Though we did hear later we could have gotten in trouble for going there.

Anyway I like exploring and finding these spots, oh and almost forgot about the location in Feralas. Its off the road past the ogres, follow the moutain on your right. Almost to the back side on the right up the moutain is a hut, camp fire and a big bear rug on the ground.

Ha ha I've probably got 2 CD's of screen shots taken over the last year. Got more screen shot pictures of WoW then I do of family, geez now thats sad, lol.

Bellator

I don't think you can get in trouble for going to the airport. This location has been known for a while and if blizz didn't want you to go there they would have blocked it by now. Kinda like the locked out Old Ironforge. Search youtube as there are many videos of it. There was a way to get knocked through a wall to explore the are. Not sure if OIF was removed or if the place people used to get in was fixed.

Also there are many places you can get to by "wallglitching" among other terms. This is where you basically use the areas where the polys meet as a footrest to climb areas you where not meant to get to. Hard to do.

A me and a friend fell through Stormwind a while back. We where in a big area of nothingness.

Although most of what I pointed out is not exactly what your looking for it just shows of what a little "exploring" can get you.
03-17-07, 08:39 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The IF Airport is off limits. This is one of the reasons why they fixed wall-walking exploits. There is also a video of a slew of gnomes running to the Airport on the last day of wall-walking, and a GM telling them to leave.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-18-07, 08:01 AM   #4
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
There is no Wall Walking to IF Airport... It's clever placed jumps around trees and up crags... Ive done it numerous times... Im sure that Wall Walking isn't clever placed jumps?

03-18-07, 10:28 AM   #5
Bellator
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

No we didn't wall walk to the Gnome Airport, if I can remember correctly, this was a year ago. As you come to the tunnel from LocModan heading to the Wetlands on the left side is a big tree? Thats where you start, the trip does involve some creative walking, jumping and just plain trying what looks good. I guess I need to look up my pics I kept on CD, see if I can find the map screen shots I did, I hope. If anyone is really interested, though I am not sure how to post them or if posting is appropriate.

Its pretty amazing to be on top of Iron Forge entrance towers and just past Iron Forge are some lvl 55 Alliance npc's, forget the titles. Also you can make your way down the the cave of trolls you see when flying back to Iron Forge from the Wetlands. There's also a grave and flag on top of one hilltop. There are several spots like this, I'd guess these spots were for quests and were never implemented.

Guess I am funny this way but I wish Blizzard would make more areas available like these, just to find and explore. Shoot they don't have to be quest or exp related as far as I am concerned.

Bellator

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Locations off the beaten path !