05-05-09, 04:28 PM   #1
derickso
A Theradrim Guardian
Changing window bindings based on selected talent spec?

With the introduction of Dual specs, as a priest I switch between Holy and Discipline and find that I have a different set of priority spells I want to cast, and thus have created a different set of bindings for the window based on the selected spec. Is there an automatic way we can get the windows to change the selected binding?

Also while I am thinking about it another two quick questions:

I saw in the newest build a window variable for "mouse over", but when added to a window it didn't have any properties for naming it or anything on the right side details area, bug?

Also is it possible to create bindings not involving a click, but involving a keystroke + mouseover? IE I have 5 primary mouse buttons, one I use for vent, one is difficult to hit, so effectively I only have 3. I currently am using a combination of ctl, shift, ctl+alt, and clicks to handle the rest. The modifier keys are a pain to use and for some of the most frequently used spells it would be great to use a mouseover + a key stroke, Ie mousing over and hitting f for flash heal to that target or whatever. Is it possible to trap an event like this and prevent it from bubbling to the rest of the binding system in WoW?
05-05-09, 05:15 PM   #2
Dgrimes
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The mouse over feature just determines if the mouse is over that unit frame. It returns true or false. So it would be used with a show/hide feature for example.
05-06-09, 02:25 AM   #3
Narinka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by derickso View Post
Also is it possible to create bindings not involving a click, but involving a keystroke + mouseover? IE I have 5 primary mouse buttons, one I use for vent, one is difficult to hit, so effectively I only have 3. I currently am using a combination of ctl, shift, ctl+alt, and clicks to handle the rest. The modifier keys are a pain to use and for some of the most frequently used spells it would be great to use a mouseover + a key stroke, Ie mousing over and hitting f for flash heal to that target or whatever. Is it possible to trap an event like this and prevent it from bubbling to the rest of the binding system in WoW?
Not sure I understood you correctly, but you can do it with usual macros.
Something like /cast [target=mouseover] Flash Heal all you need to make it and bind to some key? It should work for all unitframes, doesn't matter rdx or not.
05-06-09, 07:30 AM   #4
xenios
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Next version of rdx sigg is adding second desktops for the secondary spec. So you can have duplicate windows (one for each spec) each pointing to the different bindings. What i will be doing once this update comes out is creating some code that will change the binding symlink to a secondary bindings object whenever the change spec event is fired, followed by a rebuild desktop.
05-06-09, 10:18 AM   #5
derickso
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by xenios View Post
Next version of rdx sigg is adding second desktops for the secondary spec. So you can have duplicate windows (one for each spec) each pointing to the different bindings. What i will be doing once this update comes out is creating some code that will change the binding symlink to a secondary bindings object whenever the change spec event is fired, followed by a rebuild desktop.
Ya I personally am not a user of the multiple desktops functionality so I would prefer to keep a single window.. but what your planning to add sounds like just what I am looking for.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Changing window bindings based on selected talent spec?