05-06-09, 01:06 PM   #1
MNKyDeth
A Theradrim Guardian
Updating OOBE's ?

I am very green to the whole modding side of WoW and don't have any lua coding skills.

But, I have been playing around now with openrdx for about 2-3 weeks and I must say I am really starting to like what it can do and can offer me. I am still playing around with the current OOBE's and such on wowinterface here and not creating any of my own as I am playing with changing these pre-made ones around to my liking currently.

I am noticing some of the mods becoming out of date in the wow add-on list and I must enable outdated add-ons. What is the proper way of updating add-ons that I want to use like Fridgid and the action bars?
The action bars still seem to work fine but in Fridgid the target frame always seems to give up an error now and cannot compile the unit frame properly.
I also noticed that I can edit the .toc file and manually change the Interface 20400 to 30100 and it no longer reports as out dated. I also understand that this is most likely the wrong way to go about updating an add-on.

Would I need to know lua in order to properly update the Fridgid unit frames? Would I just completely rebuild the unit frames in a newer version of openrdx in order to update them?

Any info would be appreciated as I start down my road of learning.

Well... I just noticed that the fridgid target frame only does not work in 7.1.13 but works fine in 7.1.12 of openrdx.

Last edited by MNKyDeth : 05-06-09 at 01:22 PM.
05-06-09, 02:28 PM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
This post explain a problem with cast bar and the fix with it.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23206
05-06-09, 04:06 PM   #3
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
fridgig OOBE should work with 7.1.14

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Updating OOBE's ?