09-03-07, 06:44 AM   #1
Kovarr
A Defias Bandit
Newbie has a question

Hi! I've just started playing WoW and I really enjoy it. However, I'm not very tech-savvy. I've searched all the forums looking for an answer to a single question, but I can't find it anywhere, so I'm going to ask it here, and hope no one explodes at me because it's PROBABLY in the wrong place, but here goes:

How the heck do you take a screenshot?

Yes, I know if I don't even know how to do that I probably shouldn't even be playing (as one nice guy I asked online replied), but there you go....we tech-challenged people have a right to fun too!

Someone told me it was the "Print Screen" button on my keyboard, but if it is it's not working, or else I can't find wherever the screenshots are being put.

Help?

Anyone?
09-03-07, 06:49 AM   #2
Vynista
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
indeed it is the print screen button . To make sure while in game press escape go to the keybind menu and scroll down looking for the screenshot and make sure it is bound to print screen . If u do not like the print screen button doing it rebind it to something u like better . Screenshots are put in a folder in your main wow folder . like (drive Letter (Hard Drive) (were u installed wow to on your pc )Program files/ world of warcraft/ then look for the screenshot folder .
09-03-07, 07:38 AM   #3
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
However this doesn't apply to mac so if you are using a mac keyboard you have to do the combination click of alt+shift+4 (i think) to get a screenshot and it will be saved to your desktop by default.
09-03-07, 08:35 AM   #4
Slakah
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Or type /script Screenshot()
09-03-07, 12:17 PM   #5
Ev_
An Aku'mai Servant
Mac screenshot hotkey is Shift-Command-3.
09-03-07, 02:32 PM   #6
Kovarr
A Defias Bandit
Thanks guys!
09-05-07, 07:22 AM   #7
zetro
A Defias Bandit
Smile Thanks

I didnt know there was an screenshot file in the wow files i always did it in the hard way that took abit more time.. i presse print screen and then went to paint and Ctrl-V and then it appeared there..this was much easier thanks

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Newbie has a question