04-14-09, 07:50 AM   #1
xenios
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Multi Spec Support

I started playing again (casually) so i plan on updating my frames. So far the biggest request from my guild has been multi-spec support. With 3.1 coming out and the ability to switch specs with a press of a button people want to be able to have their desktops / mousebindings / keybindings switch instantly as well.

I plan on implementing this in my frames using any new events(if they exist) and something like GetMainTalent() to figure out what spec the player is.

Code:
RDX.GetUnitByName(string.lower(UnitName("player"))).GetMainTalent()
By duping your existing preset desktops/mousebindings by 2, adding a suffix of _1-3 (or _specname), setting up symlinks, and then creating the on events it should all be automatic.

Now the reason i am posting is to ask if you had anything planned in regards to the new dual spec system? If so, please let me know as i would like to only have to code this once.
04-14-09, 08:36 AM   #2
sigg
Featured Artist

Featured
No, there is nothing done for now.

I am still thinking about the easier way to handle that.

We have implementing our own actionbinding and keybinding switch with the desktop. Add a feature Actionbinding and Keybinding to your desktop from the editor.

sigg

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » OpenRDX » OpenRDX Community » OpenRDX: Community Chat » Multi Spec Support