04-03-10, 05:52 AM   #1
Ersie
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Carbonite not downloading correctly.

I am having trouble downloading the carbonite addon. Every time I download it, it downloads in a web page instead of in a compressed zip file. Then when the web page opens it just opens like 25 pages of nothing. I can't figure out how to get it to download as a file instead of an internet explorer page. Sorry if this is an easy fix, but I have been having problems with this for months.
04-03-10, 07:58 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

A few questions off the top of my head

Have you recently installed any new Anti Virus, Firewall or anything of that sort? Have you tried temporarily disabling your Firewall/AV programs and then downloading it? And lastly, have you tried using other browsers like Firefox, Opera, or Chrome?
04-03-10, 10:39 AM   #3
Ersie
A Defias Bandit
I did try to use a different browser and it still wants it to open in an internet explorer file. I will explain a little though. My boyfriend is in Iraq and when new patches come out it is sometimes impossible to download them because of their size and the lag. So a couple of months ago I tried to download the patch to send it to him and that is when this all started with trying to open zip files in different programs like microsoft word, adobe reader, notebook, excel, etc.. I just want to know how to undo opening it in a different program and go back to the default program for the download.

I feel like this is really confusing, so I apologize.
04-03-10, 10:57 AM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Sounds like he has zip files associated with the wrong program. The easiest way to fix this is to install or re-install his unzip program.

I suggest using winrar by http://rarlabs.com/download.htm

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Carbonite not downloading correctly.