12-02-13, 03:27 PM   #3141
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Velarayne View Post
I'm so sorry; I have one last question for you, but it's about Skada.

In the RealUI preview video, the text on Skada has what appears to be a 1-pixel border around it. I'm trying to get mine to look the same way, but when I set the font flags to Outlined Monochrome, the border comes out super thick looking:

I glanced through the RealUI AddonData for Skada and couldn't find anything that would change the font border to look thin like yours.

Again, I'm so sorry to keep bothering you, but I can't seem to figure it out.
Hmm, try using the Skada addon included in RealUI. Otherwise I must have skinned it somewhere (though I can't find out where now)

12-02-13, 03:31 PM   #3142
Velarayne
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Hmm, try using the Skada addon included in RealUI. Otherwise I must have skinned it somewhere (though I can't find out where now)
I just need to copy the Skada folders from the RealUI addons folder? Or do I need to create a SavedVariables file for that as well? ^^

12-02-13, 03:35 PM   #3143
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Velarayne View Post
I just need to copy the Skada folders from the RealUI addons folder? Or do I need to create a SavedVariables file for that as well? ^^
Maybe just the folder, maybe the SV file (if it turns out to be a setting in Skada somewhere).

12-02-13, 03:49 PM   #3144
Velarayne
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Maybe just the folder, maybe the SV file (if it turns out to be a setting in Skada somewhere).
Thank you so much; I'll try that. :>

12-02-13, 06:31 PM   #3145
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Nib, just want to drop a note to say that I feel that I'm on a much larger screen with RealUI and a 13" laptop. Great job!

12-02-13, 06:46 PM   #3146
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Anj View Post
Nib, just want to drop a note to say that I feel that I'm on a much larger screen with RealUI and a 13" laptop. Great job!
Nice

12-03-13, 08:38 AM   #3147
cult
A Kobold Labourer
Hi there, great work on this UI! It's my favorite by far.

I only have one issue with it. I prefer my Stance Bar (as a warrior) next to my actionbars. However, whenever I place it there through bartender and I log out and back in it's on the original position again (in the black panel at the bottom of the screen.).

I was wondering, is there a way to save the config I want for it?

12-03-13, 10:51 AM   #3148
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by cult View Post
Hi there, great work on this UI! It's my favorite by far.

I only have one issue with it. I prefer my Stance Bar (as a warrior) next to my actionbars. However, whenever I place it there through bartender and I log out and back in it's on the original position again (in the black panel at the bottom of the screen.).

I was wondering, is there a way to save the config I want for it?
/realui > Action Bars > untick Move Stance Bar

12-03-13, 11:22 AM   #3149
Prospero VII
A Murloc Raider
Sorry to ask what may be a frequently asked question, but this thread is so long that I couldn't manage looking passed the first 10 pages.

Anyway, is there a way to scale up the size of the central HUD? And control when it fades out? Mostly I'm referring to the little health-bar blades, but controlling all the doohickeys around the blades would be nice as well. Most complicated UI I've ever used, but holy crap is nice. Great work.

Cheers!

12-03-13, 11:36 AM   #3150
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Prospero VII View Post
Sorry to ask what may be a frequently asked question, but this thread is so long that I couldn't manage looking passed the first 10 pages.

Anyway, is there a way to scale up the size of the central HUD? And control when it fades out? Mostly I'm referring to the little health-bar blades, but controlling all the doohickeys around the blades would be nice as well. Most complicated UI I've ever used, but holy crap is nice. Great work.

Cheers!
/realui > Positions > tick Use Large HuD (for making central HuD larger)
/realui > Advanced > Settings > Modules > Combat Fader (to control fading)
/realui > Appearance > Fonts tab > Advanced Settings (to adjust which fonts are used and their size)

12-03-13, 05:33 PM   #3151
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

A trip down memory lane. Ode to ye olde RealUIs

12-03-13, 06:49 PM   #3152
Prospero VII
A Murloc Raider
/realui > Positions > tick Use Large HuD (for making central HuD larger)
I tried that, and the size hasn't changed at all. It automatically requests a reload, after which it's still small. I've also tried a manual reload. Still nothing. Any ideas what else I might try?

12-03-13, 06:55 PM   #3153
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I tried that, and the size hasn't changed at all. It automatically requests a reload, after which it's still small. I've also tried a manual reload. Still nothing. Any ideas what else I might try?
Does the Use Large HuD tickbox become unticked after the reload? Could you post a screenshot?

12-03-13, 07:13 PM   #3154
Prospero VII
A Murloc Raider
Heh. My mistake, actually, it IS larger afterward. I just couldn't see the difference until I had side-by-side screencaps to compare. Was looking for something upward of 200% size, though...

Is that not an option?

12-03-13, 07:19 PM   #3155
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Heh. My mistake, actually, it IS larger afterward. I just couldn't see the difference until I had side-by-side screencaps to compare. Was looking for something upward of 200% size, though...

Is that not an option?
200% size? You could enable RealUI's "Retina Display" option (/realadv > Core), but it will make everything double the size. Or you could enable the UI Scale slider (/realadv > Core) and then change the UI scale in WoW's System Options (but since it's a pixel perfect UI, things will become blurry/uglified)

12-03-13, 07:24 PM   #3156
Prospero VII
A Murloc Raider
Perfect! Retina Display solved it perfectly. Action bars, etc. can be scaled back down afterwards, so that mostly just get HUD is scaled up. Great work around, thanks mate!

12-03-13, 09:27 PM   #3157
Prospero VII
A Murloc Raider
... Okay, two more questions. Any way to turn off Target of Focus Target, and all associated bars, buff tracking, etc., that goes along with it? And is there a way to move the anchor for windows like Character, Achievements, etc.?

Last edited by Prospero VII : 12-03-13 at 10:32 PM.

12-03-13, 10:26 PM   #3158
zepxx
A Murloc Raider
Hey I really love the ui but I have 2 probs with it. First is there anyway to track poisons if they run out? I saw something about this in the raven settings but didnt get it to work. And second how can I remove all those "Slowed" notifications while in battleground, they are really annoying.

12-03-13, 11:03 PM   #3159
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

... Okay, two more questions. Any way to turn off Target of Focus Target, and all associated bars, buff tracking, etc., that goes along with it? And is there a way to move the anchor for windows like Character, Achievements, etc.?
Not easily, and not without Lua modifications either.
No, it's impossible to alter anchor points of those windows.

Originally Posted by zepxx View Post
Hey I really love the ui but I have 2 probs with it. First is there anyway to track poisons if they run out? I saw something about this in the raven settings but didnt get it to work. And second how can I remove all those "Slowed" notifications while in battleground, they are really annoying.
Missing Poisons can be tracked in Raven.
/raven > Setup tab > tick Notifications > click Create as Icons

I believe that's a default WoW thingy, option found under WoW's Interface options > Combat section > Loss of Control Alerts

Last edited by Nibelheim : 12-04-13 at 01:01 PM.

12-04-13, 10:52 PM   #3160
Prospero VII
A Murloc Raider
Fair enough, that makes sense.

Okay, last question I promise:
How (if possible) can I make the health bars start at 100% and work down, rather than at 0% and work up? I'm so use to the former that the default is throwing me.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI