08-08-07, 08:51 PM   #1
sephxml
A Murloc Raider
Chat Improvement

There might already be an addon for what I'm looking for so if you know of one let me know!

Anyways, I'll tell you the story. All of my friends used to be in the same guild, but for various reasons we decided to break up. We still wanted to be able to talk to each other of course so we thought a chatgroup might be the way to go. Unfortunately, no one likes how we have to type /5 every time we want to talk so some are considering leaving that as well.

Is there any addon (or is it possible to make a new addon) that allows you to select /5 for example as the "main chat" that will be activated when you press the ENTER button like /say, /party/, and /guild is already?

Thanks in advance!
~ Seph <3
08-08-07, 08:53 PM   #2
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's a bunch of addons that help you make custom chat channels. I think there's some Tutorials too.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
08-08-07, 09:00 PM   #3
sephxml
A Murloc Raider
I'm satisfied with the already available options for chatgroups. The concern was typing /5 instead of the usual ENTER to begin chatting. Is there any way to allow us to press ENTER to start chatting in the chatgroup (using in-game settings or an addon)?
08-08-07, 09:35 PM   #4
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

press enter and type /<number and name of channel>

08-08-07, 09:37 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What you need is a chat mod that gives you a "sticky" feature. Whenever you open chat, the last used channel will automatically be selected for you. A few mods do this, including Prat.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-08-07, 09:38 PM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ohh, you want a sticky. Lowmemory chat does that too, with A LOT less memory

08-08-07, 10:08 PM   #7
sephxml
A Murloc Raider
I just found something called CustomChat that does exactly what we're looking for! Thanks everyone!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Chat Improvement