04-01-17, 08:24 AM   #1
TedSavoy
A Kobold Labourer

Question Websites and Help Programs external to WOW

I have been using wowhead.com and Thottbot.com for help with quests in game(WOW) for several years and several operating systems including Windows 10 on my computer. here lately when trying to access either wowhead or Thottbot, I keep getting the following message and am unable to access either.

This site can’t be reached

www.wowhead.com took too long to respond.
Try:
Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_TIMED_OUT

Has anyone else had the same problem, or does anyone have an idea to the solution? Anything that works would be appreciated. Have fun in the game!

If there is another good help website for World of Warcraft, I would appreciate the name.
04-01-17, 10:02 AM   #2
Banknorris
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think I had this problem in the past. Try syncronising your computer time using time.windows.com
04-01-17, 10:06 AM   #3
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have no problem getting to WowHead.
Thot. is now owned by Zam/WowHead which might explain why you're having trouble with both.
04-01-17, 12:03 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thottbot hasn't been a thing for years. It was bought by ZAM and redirected to Wowhead in.... 2010?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-01-17, 08:08 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
We are not part of ZAM any more (we're on our own) but I believe wowhead / thott are using some anti-adblocking stuff that tries to get around your blocker (seems to work on chrome with adblock or ublock ) so if you have an adblocker enabled try disabling it once and see if the page loads for you.

Last edited by Dolby : 04-02-17 at 07:35 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Websites and Help Programs external to WOW