05-05-20, 09:59 AM   #1
G1ak1
A Defias Bandit
Viewport Help

hey guys. As you probably know viewport addons (like sunnart or ctmod) are not working properly anymore. they bug out on cutscenes/cinematics and its really annoying. especially on n'zoth chamber cutscene.

anyone found any solution to it yet? i would really appreciate letting me know before i have to change my whole ui

thanks in advance

best regards
05-05-20, 12:59 PM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I adjust my viewport between full screen and ported when you Alt-Z. This sort of thing might work. If you know a glitched scene that doesn't require an instance (current) I could test it.
05-05-20, 03:02 PM   #3
G1ak1
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
I adjust my viewport between full screen and ported when you Alt-Z. This sort of thing might work. If you know a glitched scene that doesn't require an instance (current) I could test it.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i don't remember any cutscene that is not in an instance. i get this issue on Jaina Mythic after P1 and N'zoth Mythic when chamber phase begins. What do u mean exactly when you say you adjust it between fullscreen and ported??? maybe i can try it tmr on N'Zoth.

thanks again
05-05-20, 03:25 PM   #4
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
Code:
/run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)
Try running that some time before the scene plays.
You would need to /reload afterward to get your viewport back.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 05-05-20 at 03:53 PM.
05-08-20, 03:55 PM   #5
G1ak1
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Code:
/run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)
Try running that some time before the scene plays.
You would need to /reload afterward to get your viewport back.
tried that code, it resetted my viewport but after reload it wouldn't load it. i had to actually disable my usual viewport addon, load a different viewport addon and use that to get viewport settings back :P

but thanks for trying anw mate., i appreciate it
05-08-20, 08:37 PM   #6
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I'm not sure why your viewport addon didn't reload properly (maybe it needed a re-log rather than a reload) as I have no idea which one you were/are using (you mentioned two but not if you were using one of those or something else).

This was a test you said you were willing to try not a whole solution, to see if setting to WorldFrame back to full size fixed the cutscene display glitch you mentioned, did it??

If the scene played properly it points to a possible solution that could be implemented in the viewport addons.

Last edited by Fizzlemizz : 05-08-20 at 08:41 PM.
06-12-20, 07:43 PM   #7
DahkCeles
A Cliff Giant

Solution

For any addon devs: CTMod 8.3.0.10 fixed this using the following code:

CinematicFrame:SetScript("OnShow", nil)
CinematicFrame:SetScript("OnHide", nil)

Fundamentally, the problem was that WorldFrame was being altered by the OnShow/OnHide scripts during combat, but then the addon couldn't override and put it back to the custom settings afterwards because of combat lockdown.

As far as I know, this is only an issue with fights like Jaina and Mythic N'Zoth.

My thanks to G1ak1 for finding me on Curse and reporting the issue so I could fix it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Viewport Help