10-12-16, 02:07 AM   #1
Mikaile676
A Murloc Raider
Raid/Party Frame Textures

Hey, so in the screenshot you can see the textures i have used to create my unit frames.

It's made from textures through KG Panels and Pitbull (textures from RothUI so thanks to them guys for that).

I'm just wondering now how to apply those textures to my party frames? I think i could do so by creating 10 different textures (2 for each frame) and anchoring them, similar to how I've done my Player and Target frames. Is there a more simple way of achieving this? I think i could handle my party frames but trying to do my 40 man raid frames is going to be a nightmare?

TLDR how do i make each individual unit in my Party/Raid frames have a texture?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_101216_184256.jpg
Views:	1187
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	8849  
10-12-16, 03:09 AM   #2
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you sure you do not want to give oUF a try?
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/cat127.html

It can do all that for you and on top of that you can reuse any unit template you define. Since your layout is the same for every unit and you only switch portraits around that would be just one template.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
10-12-16, 05:09 AM   #3
Mikaile676
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the quick reply Zork.

So basically you are suggesting I build my unit-frames again from the ground up using code in an OuF layout? I have a feeling this may be a little over my head as I don't know a thing about lua :S

I appreciate your suggestion mate and might do a little research into writing an OuF layout.
10-12-16, 05:22 AM   #4
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was there at some point aswell. Just try it. For me it was well worth it.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
10-12-16, 07:57 AM   #5
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

oUF was the first thing i started to mess about with LUA, i recommend it was a game changer since i tried, love every second of o it. On top of that, oUF is pretty easy to setup your own layout

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Raid/Party Frame Textures