05-15-08, 10:45 AM   #1
Tungsten Spleen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Need help with ignoring a whole guild

I am currently being annoyed by spamed invites from a particular guild and am wondering if there is a mod that will allow me to ignore all whispers from people in that guild.
I've asked them to leave me alone, but that seems to be beyond their comprehension, so I am hoping that there is a mod to ignore them all...
otherwise I may have to have an alt join the guild just to get a guild roster and then add/ignore all of them individually (which would be a pain).

sorry if this is a bit rambling and whining, but I just came off of a 16 hour shift and don't really want to put up with this...

(nothing against anyone in a guild other than this particular one (don't want to aggro too many people here))

Tungsten Spleen
05-15-08, 10:53 AM   #2
Arkive
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I don't believe guild affiliation is transmitted on whispers/invites/etc. This would mean the mod would probably have to /who everything inbound to you and then deal with it accordingly. When you take into account the limit on how often you can /who, it doesn't seem very doable (not reliably anyway). Use the Armory to get the guild list and then hand-jam them in or use a mod that allows you to input a large number of ignored users at once. I can see the response already though:

"WTF, is he ignoring all of us?...let's go make some alts and annoy the crap out of him!"
05-15-08, 11:10 AM   #3
Zyo
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

maybe SpamMeNot can help you. it allows you to add your own custom words to the filter.

http://files.wowace.com/SpamMeNot/SpamMeNot.zip
05-15-08, 12:14 PM   #4
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Maybe try AutoDecline? It can decline guild invites (as well as other stuff) for you, leaving you free to get on with what you want. While it may not be the ideal solution it may help!
05-15-08, 12:37 PM   #5
Aesop
A Murloc Raider
Automation may help

Automation available from wowace.com - http://files.wowace.com/sw-a.html can help you. Among the things this wonderful mod will do it has something called loner mode , which declines all guild invites.

My favorite feature is that it does a who on all incoming group requests. It will also auto accept rez's, release in bg's, skip npc gossip and more.

It's worth a look.

Last edited by Aesop : 05-15-08 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Bad typing
05-15-08, 02:39 PM   #6
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Also I suggest you contact Blizz through the in-game complaint (the red ? on the menu bar)

File a harassment complaint against the guild.

Also if you goto the wow armory page you can look up their guild to get a member list (level 10+ I believe) and you can use that to set /ignore on them all. If you do go that route I suggest an ignore addon to expand the built in ignore list in the game as the Blizz one has a limit.
05-15-08, 04:38 PM   #7
Tungsten Spleen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

@ all --thanks for the answers... I didn't know I could get a guild roster on the armory

@Arkive -- yeah I was kind of thinking about guild retaliation too

@Zyo --I'll look into that mod after work tomorrow

@Grizzly UK --I actually use Autodecline (great mod) however once it declines the guild request, then the guild starts with the annoying whispers... of course, I should have made this all clearer in my original post, but I was annoyed and tired, not a good combination to promote clarity of thought

@Aesop --see above for an explanation of my lack of clarity, but if Automation filters npc gossip, I'll have to check that out, so thanks

@Sepioth --I don't really want to file a harrassment ticket unless I really have to, I've had very bad experiences with retaliation in the past on other MMOs. I will check out mods to expand the ignore list though (didn't know there was a limit on the list)

Tungsten Spleen
05-15-08, 06:28 PM   #8
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Tungsten Spleen View Post
@ all --thanks for the answers... I didn't know I could get a guild roster on the armory

@Arkive -- yeah I was kind of thinking about guild retaliation too

@Zyo --I'll look into that mod after work tomorrow

@Grizzly UK --I actually use Autodecline (great mod) however once it declines the guild request, then the guild starts with the annoying whispers... of course, I should have made this all clearer in my original post, but I was annoyed and tired, not a good combination to promote clarity of thought

@Aesop --see above for an explanation of my lack of clarity, but if Automation filters npc gossip, I'll have to check that out, so thanks

@Sepioth --I don't really want to file a harrassment ticket unless I really have to, I've had very bad experiences with retaliation in the past on other MMOs. I will check out mods to expand the ignore list though (didn't know there was a limit on the list)

Tungsten Spleen
I understand your fear of retaliation. If Blizzard actually bans a few of the guild accounts and they continue to harass .. file another ticket. Eventually Blizz will ban them permanently. They can look back at all chat logs to see what was going on and what was said. If you continuously and politely tell them to stop and they do not I would file a ticket. Tell them in the ticket the time the problem happened and the names involved. This way if you are not on when they respond to the ticket they have enough details to pursue the issue. Why should you a paying customer be harassed by a bunch of 10 year olds?

Also I wouldn't worry too much about retaliation. They will not be told who filed it. And they won't be told of the incident. All they will be told of is they broke the anti-harassment policy section of the TOC.
05-16-08, 11:41 AM   #9
Kaomie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Originally Posted by Sepioth View Post
Also I wouldn't worry too much about retaliation. They will not be told who filed it. And they won't be told of the incident. All they will be told of is they broke the anti-harassment policy section of the TOC.
Are you positive about this? Have you ever seen a chat harassment report?
05-16-08, 12:55 PM   #10
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

My wife (oddly enough) had one filed against her. Granted she KNEW who filed it since she hardly ever retaliates against people in chat. Could have been anyone watching though.

The report mentioned she violated part of the TOS and was being warned. It made no mention of who reported it just what day it happened. It made no specific mention of the incident either. Just that it fell under verbal harassment.

In case your all wondering all she did was tell him to go f*** himself after a debate where he was rather rude.

So i wouldnt worry about retaliation. The ONLY way they could know it was you is if you are the only person they are harassing. Which i find highly unlikely.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
05-16-08, 01:58 PM   #11
Sepioth
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by Kaomie View Post
Are you positive about this? Have you ever seen a chat harassment report?
Actually yeah I did. Years ago. It was exactly as MidgetMage described. I didn't get banned but I did get a warning that another incident would result in a temp ban.

I had a friend that got a email about his name. All it said was he violated their naming policy and that they had complaints about it. They gave him a random name. He needed to pick a new one in a reply email to get his new name ... or keep their random one.

All they tell you is that you violated the TOC.

And why would they tell you who reported you anyway ... I would hope there is some sort of confidentiality in reporting someone.
05-16-08, 03:06 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kaomie View Post
Have you ever seen a chat harassment report?
I've seen quite a few. If you're an avid reader of the official WoW forums, you can see people whining about getting those warning emails from Bliz... they copy/paste them into posts.
05-16-08, 09:09 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yep. I just saw one this morning. Of course, if you're the only person they've been harassing....
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-17-08, 06:54 AM   #14
Tungsten Spleen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Thanks for all the help, info and advice. I didn't have a chance to play yesterday, but I will today, so we'll see what happens with the guild.

Tungsten Spleen

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need help with ignoring a whole guild