09-09-08, 03:30 PM   #1
Tohveli
A Kobold Labourer
Looking for an interface designer

Hey everyone.

I'm developing an addon that collects information about the surrounding players and environment. It keeps track of every single player you meet and records information about their gear, talents, as well as general information about the player (their name of course, level, race, guild, where you've seen them in the world, etc.) and such. It also logs any fights you have with or against them (full combat log info) and the end results of said battles.

All this information stored allows you to later review how your buddies' gear has changed over time, check their talents ingame even if s/he's not logged in, and most importantly, decide if you really want to get in a fight with that Orc again based on stored combat logs. I guess you could say it's mostly a PvP addon, but can be very useful for all kinds of players.

I have a lot of backend code for this done and working, but what I'm really after now is a proper User Interface for presenting the user all this information. I don't know much about UI design so I'm looking for someone to help me with this regard. You don't need to be able to code, but you should at very least be able to produce images of the interface design. However if you are familiar with developing UIs for WoW then that's a big plus. The addon itself uses Ace3, so the natural choice would be AceGUI3, but the standard xml/lua will do just as well. I will naturally help and work with you with any questions you may have.

This is an open source project with no pay, but you will of course be properly credited for the work you do.

P.S. I have an older version of the addon up and running since I coded it ~5 months ago, but this is a rewrite of it with much cleaner codebase, more features (like the combat log storing) and hopefully a much better user interface. If you're interested in obtaining it I can get you a link to it. Here's a screenshot of the old version's UI btw:
09-10-08, 12:58 AM   #2
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are actually two programs that I'm aware of that allow you to build your UI in a WYSIWYG manner - one is WoW UI Designer, which is on this site, and the other is WoW Addon Studio, http://www.codeplex.com/WarcraftAddOnStudio

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Looking for an interface designer