05-13-07, 11:06 PM   #1
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Instances

My friend and I were playing a game to see who could name all the instances in WoW, we got: (in no order)

PRE TBC
Ragefire Chasm, Wailing Caverns, Deadmines, Shadowfang Keep, Stockades, Blackfathom Depths, Razerfen Kraul, Gnomeregan, Razerfen Downs, Scarlet Monastary - Cathredal, Scarlet Monastary - Graveyard, Scarlet Monastary - Armory, Scarlet Monastary - Library, Uldaman, Zul'Farrak, Temple of Atal'Hakkar(?), Blackrock Depths, Maraudon, Stratholme, Scholomance, Upper Blackrock Spire, Lower Blackrock Spire, Dire Maul(s), Blackwing Lair. [20] Zul'Gurub, Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj. [40] Naxxramas, Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.
TBC
Hellfire Ramparts, Blood Furnace, Mana Tombs, Selthekk Halls(?), Shadow Labrinth, The Eye, Arcatraz, Mechanar. [10] Karazhan. [25] Gruul's Lair, Black Temple, Magtheridon's Lair(?).
EDIT
Botanica, Slave Pens, Underbog, Caverns of Time - Escape from Durnhold, Caverns of Time - Black Morass, Steam Vault, Shattered Hall, Auchenai Crypts. [25] Serpentshrine Cavern, Caverns of Time - Battle for Mount Hyjal.

Are there any that i'm missing?

Please Reply with Level of the missing instance and name.

The (?)'s mean maybe its in the wrong category (level) or it's name could be written wrongly.

Last edited by Xanithon : 05-14-07 at 05:11 AM.
05-14-07, 12:32 AM   #2
darko265
A Cyclonian

i think you've missed out the instance in the ghostlands.i not sure what it called but i know it's a lvl 70 instance and i know it has LOADS of amini trolls in it.i think the name starts with zul or something.i got this info from the mazzle UI map addons.

i still such a low lvl

Withren is my main now because i give up on characters very easy but it's just i found tirant boring as a paladin (i'm sure some people think they're great but they're not for everybody)

I now love hunters
05-14-07, 12:58 AM   #3
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by darko265
i think you've missed out the instance in the ghostlands.i not sure what it called but i know it's a lvl 70 instance and i know it has LOADS of amini trolls in it.i think the name starts with zul or something.i got this info from the mazzle UI map addons.
That instance isn't released yet.. Zul'aman I believe it will be called in a future patch.

You missed Black Wing Lair, and I wouldn't call dun garok an instance.

TBC missing:
botanica(70)
Slave Pens(62-64)
Underbog(63-65)
Caverns of time - Escape from Durnholde (66-68)
Caverns of time - Opening Dark Portal(70)
Steam Vault(68+)
Shattered Halls(70)
Auchenai Crypts(65-67)
Serpentshrine Cavern(70) (25 raid)
Caverns of time - Battle of Mount Hyjal (70) (25 raid) (not open yet)

Also Note black temple isn't open yet (although i think it comes this patch)

Think thats them all...
05-14-07, 05:06 AM   #4
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Thanks...

Now, on to the real issue here... The last instance my friend said was "The Train" that goes between Ironforge and Stormwind.

Is this an instance?

05-14-07, 09:20 AM   #5
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes it is an instance though you are not removed from other groups. It is instanced in that you are not in the "normal" game world. Same thing with the Hall of Legends/Champion's Hall in Org/SW

Last edited by Zyonin : 05-14-07 at 09:23 AM.
05-14-07, 09:23 AM   #6
wildcatts29
A Murloc Raider
the tram is still on real world servers not instance servers.
05-14-07, 12:51 PM   #7
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
technically yes the tram, and as mentioned the officer barraks are instances, as you go through a portal to get to them, also in that was wsg, ab, av etc, although I assume by your post you mean instances as in what blizz call 'dungeons'
05-14-07, 01:42 PM   #8
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by wildcatts29
the tram is still on real world servers not instance servers.
I'm sorry, do you mean to imply that the physical hardware that runs the host software when players enter instances is not the same machine as the one you'd normally be on when running around ganking?
05-14-07, 01:51 PM   #9
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outlands/expansion areas, Instances, and battlegrounds are all on separate servers. All of these servers put together constitutes a realm, with the exception of battlegrounds, which are shared between battle groups. If you try to log in and see the message "World Server is down" that means that your continent's server has crashed. If you try logging into another character on a different continent or in Outlands (or Draenei/BE areas) that server may still be up and working. This is also how sometimes instance servers will crash and people will get their characters stuck in dungeons. Or if bgs aren't working, their server may be down.

edit: every time you see a loading screen, you're moving between servers. The loading screen is because the game is transferring your information between servers. Taking the boat from Menethil to Theramore, the boat from Azuremyst to Darkshore, going through the Dark Portal, zoning into an instance, etc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

Last edited by Seerah : 05-14-07 at 01:53 PM.
05-14-07, 02:02 PM   #10
Korred
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
You learn something new ever day.
05-14-07, 06:11 PM   #11
Karrion
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Remember that when we say "instance", it's actually short for "instanced dungeon" - that is, a dungeon where each group gets their own copy (or instance) of the area. Since you don't get your own copy of the Deeprun Tram, it should not be considered an instance.

The Blood Elf and Dranei staring zones are also separately loaded, but aren't instanced.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Instances