12-26-10, 08:10 AM   #1
Grimjah
A Defias Bandit
Buff Timers

Is there a way to show a timer within a button? What I'm wanting, is to see a countdown timer within my Pulverize button so I can better see when I need to refresh it.
12-27-10, 08:15 AM   #2
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yes there is, Bo to button editor and click the general tab and then check aura watch text.
12-29-10, 11:20 PM   #3
Grimjah
A Defias Bandit
I've tried using that but Pulverize isn't tracking. Lacerate initially tracks but after using Pulverize (Which removes the Lacerate stacks), Lacerate stops tracking as well.
12-30-10, 08:03 PM   #4
Taerot
A Murloc Raider

Another druid in need

I changed my layout completely for my druid after Cata. I kept the layout that I had used previously for my warlock. All cooldowns show properly for the warlock, however, when I play the druid, only one of the buttons shows a cooldown, but there are at least 10 others that should show. I have button editor> general> aura watch selected. I also have the toggle for "entire bar" set when I do this.

I have tried duplicatinng the settings from the lock to the druid, but it simply doesn't work. Also, to confirm that it isn't related to form switching, [edit:] (most of) the cooldowns do not show up for the caster form or the moonkin form. I am using the dual spec toggle for the bars, not profile switching. Will post again after I get a chance to check the other forms.

Last edited by Taerot : 12-30-10 at 08:07 PM.
01-07-11, 05:23 AM   #5
Maxxpower
A Defias Bandit
I play a frost mage, and i have the Freeze ability of my Water Elemental on a macro button on my main bar in addition to the pet bar.
The cooldown is working properly on the pet bar but on the main bar it doesn't show up. The macro is simply a /cast Freeze. Other cooldowns on my main bar (macro buttons) like Frost Nova are also working properly.
01-10-11, 01:24 AM   #6
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

Note that a CD counter for a spell and a Buff timer is not the same.
Aura watch text is a Buff timer which keeps track of how long till the buff is over/out
A Coldown timer, counts the time it takes the spell to be able to be casted again

You find the CD timer at the same place.
01-14-11, 06:20 PM   #7
Taerot
A Murloc Raider

Update: Spell cooldowns for druid stances

Originally Posted by Taerot View Post
I changed my layout completely for my druid after Cata. I kept the layout that I had used previously for my warlock. All cooldowns show properly for the warlock, however, when I play the druid, only one of the buttons shows a cooldown, but there are at least 10 others that should show. I have button editor> general> aura watch selected. I also have the toggle for "entire bar" set when I do this.
I found a solution to the problem, but this should not be the best way to solve this problem. (@Dwargh: I do have both aurawatch and cooldowns selected for the entire bar.) The problem was that I was using a macro button type for the spells that show correctly for the lock. I was using action ids for the druid. I just had to rearrange the locks layout and ran into the same problem I had with the druid. If a spell is placed on an action id button, the cooldowns etc do not show. However, going into the macro section and allowing the autowrite to create the macro causes the display to work properly. I hope this gives you a place to start looking for the basic problem in macaroon. I am getting so many errors. So many errors, in fact, that bugsack decides to quit collecting errors after one minute. I think my game performance would be a lot better without that .
01-15-11, 07:46 AM   #8
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian

I used to have that many errors myself. but after deleting all old Macaroon saved vars for the now no longer existing macaroon modules, along with the old modules themselves they went away. Also IF you're using the Autohide:ModKey display patch I posted then there was an coding error in that explained in the comments how to fix.

I only get one error now and that has to do with Macaroon Macro Master
This has no significance atm and only comes when one logs in.

Question: You're saying if you have a button with a spell autowritten in the macro button(by dragging a spell onto it) and then changes back to ActionID button you can see the CD, but not if the macro part is empty?

Or do you need to use the macro button for it to display?
01-15-11, 07:06 PM   #9
Taerot
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
I used to have that many errors myself. but after deleting all old Macaroon saved vars for the now no longer existing macaroon modules, along with the old modules themselves they went away. Also IF you're using the Autohide:ModKey display patch I posted then there was an coding error in that explained in the comments how to fix.

I only get one error now and that has to do with Macaroon Macro Master
This has no significance atm and only comes when one logs in.
This is great news indeed!

Originally Posted by Dwargh View Post
Question: You're saying if you have a button with a spell autowritten in the macro button(by dragging a spell onto it) and then changes back to ActionID button you can see the CD, but not if the macro part is empty?

Or do you need to use the macro button for it to display?
It only works if I use the buttons as macro buttons. The spell works fine when I place a blizz macro on an action id button, but the cooldowns and aurawatches don't display. If I copy the macro from the blizz macro to the macaroon macro, then use the macaroon macro, the spells and the text display work correctly.

Now that you've mentioned the old saved var files being a problem though, I'm going to go remove all those. Will post back to let you know if that solves the problem.

Thank you!
01-18-11, 06:19 PM   #10
Taerot
A Murloc Raider

@ Dwargh: Thank you so much for the suggestion of removing the old var files. My errors are almost nil now! However, removing those did not correct the display of the cooldowns/aura watches. I still need to use a macro button instead of an action id button to see those.
Also, I'm not sure whether its specific to Macaroon (kinda doubt it) but, when I use a /petattack command in these macros, the displays are correct, however the pet acquires a target and attacks even though I haven't given him a target to attack. I should be getting the "You don't have a target" message. I'm thinking this is a blizz issue though.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Ion Engines, Engage! » Buff Timers