08-20-07, 11:59 AM   #1
Jdtigg
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Jdtigg's UI

I have put together a simple UI Interface for the low memory / Bandwidth computers in hope to ease some of the issues with the heavy UI's out there.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...JdtiggsUI.html
08-25-07, 02:32 PM   #2
Jdtigg
A Fallenroot Satyr

V 2.0

I have made a lot of changes on this UI. Mostly I went in and played the game with the V 1.3 and saw that a lot of the modules were very memory intensive. Since this is supposed to be a “Low” memory UI, I went back and did a few re-organizing on the modules.

The “Look” of it still remains intact, but below are the new Add On list for the modules in this package.

Add Ons:

AdvancedTradeSkillWindow – Found that the “normal” tradesikill was not up to my needs, and this seems to be the low memory / popular choice.
ArcHud
Auctioneer
Bayi's Extended Questlog – This is still in Beta (though the current version seems to be stable and he has worked out most of the issues, though I have not error’ed out since he updated it last, good thing.) This module replaces the “Extended Quest Log” (which has not been updated lately and this mod is based upon that module).
Bongos2
Bongos2 – MapBar – this one I changed because it is using the same module files as Bongos2, which lowers the memory requirements and when all set up, blends nicely into the bottom portion of the UI.
Cartographer
ClearFont2
CT_Mailmod – Was thinking about using BulkMail2 but stuck with this one since been using this since pretty much day one.
cyCircled
EQCompare – Changed to this one as the old Equipment Compare was not recently updated.
FlightMap
Fubar
FuBar_DurabilityFu
FuBar_ExperienceFu
FuBar_LocationFu
FuBar_MailFu – Kind of working on this one as the mail number does not really show, just it turning Green. Been keeping track on the Post out in WowAce, will updated this more when I get more info.
FuBar_PerformanceFu
FuBar_tTracker
LightHeaded – Found this to be extremely useful in game as it mostly helps with the quest right there. It attaches nicely to the Bayi's Extended Questlog and frees up the need to alt tab to find quest information or locations. Low memory and really useful.
Low Memory Chat
Morganti's Buffbars – Still have not found one to replace this one. (Any suggestions would be helpful)
MobInfo2
MyClock
OmniCC
OneBag – Switch to this rather than ArkInventory simply because Ark took up most of the addon memory (About 28). Pushed the memory up there, so changed to the Ace OneBag, Bank and Ring.
OneBank
OneRing
ReputationMonitor
Scrolling Combat Text
SellFish
Spam Sentry
Skinner
TipBuddy
TomTom – For the add-on – LightHeaded. Great companion when it comes to finding your way around in game.
X-Perl
08-25-07, 05:44 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
May I offer a couple of notes?

Have you tried replacing Auctioneer with KC_Items? KCI is still in beta, too, and Kaelten's still finishing it up whenever he gets time to work on it, but it uses TONS less memory. People with low memory would hardly have Auctioneer enabled (as Dreadlorde will attest ) - probably only when at the AH or on a mule alt. I chose to just leave it out of my compilation, and let people install it (or KCI) if they wish to use it. For AH sell data to be accurate, it needs to be scanned often - which builds up a huge database in Auctioneer. If you would like to include something for item vendor prices, I suggest SellFish or ItemPriceTooltip. (Oops - just noticed you have SellFish already. >.< )

EQCompare actually hasn't been updated in some time either, and has been considered abandoned. The best option for a compare tooltip mod is tekKompare, here on WoWI.

I have never used Morganti's Buff Bars, and aren't sure how they compare to others, but you should take a look at ElkBuffBars (the new one, with an '-s' at the end). Highly customizable, can pick textures/fonts from SharedMedia, and plugs into FuBar.

Just curious, but why have you chosen MyClock over ClockFu?

MobInfo2 also builds up a database which can hog memory usage. IMO, the percentage of time a mob drops Runecloth isn't too worthwhile to me. (You might feel differently, though. ) I suggest just getting MobHealth. No database, just estimates health as you fight.

You may already be aware of this, but make sure that CPU profiling is disabled on PerformanceFu in your config. Some people have also had frame rate issues when PerformanceFu is keeping track of individual addon usage statistics, so you can disable that option as well.

Yeah, AI uses it's fair share of memory because if how it works. OneBag&co. is a good all-in-one solution, as is Bagnon here on WoWI.

I've never used Reputation Monitor - what are its benefits over FactionsFu? (Just curious. )

I found myself disabling SpamSentry (and my take it out of my compilation) as I haven't been receiving any spam lately (I know other servers still have issues), and feel that it was using much more memory than necessary.

LightHeaded also works with Cartographer waypoints. TomTom is a nice addon, but you could cut it out if you wished to.

Just my opinions and things that I have picked up here and there. You are free to do what you wish with your UI, I just thought I'd offer a couple suggestions to try to cater a bit more to your focus of a UI for those with little memory to spare. What does this UI generally run at, anyhow? You have memory display turned off for PerformanceFu in your screenshots.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-25-07, 06:12 PM   #4
Jdtigg
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Seerah
Have you tried replacing Auctioneer with KC_Items? KCI is still in beta, too, and Kaelten's still finishing it up whenever he gets time to work on it, but it uses TONS less memory. People with low memory would hardly have Auctioneer enabled (as Dreadlorde will attest ) - probably only when at the AH or on a mule alt. I chose to just leave it out of my compilation, and let people install it (or KCI) if they wish to use it. For AH sell data to be accurate, it needs to be scanned often - which builds up a huge database in Auctioneer. If you would like to include something for item vendor prices, I suggest SellFish or ItemPriceTooltip. (Oops - just noticed you have SellFish already. >.< )
Normally I leave Auctioneer un-loaded and only load when I go to the AH for any new items or selling items. True, I normally do a scan every other day (when I actually have stuff to put up and all), but for the most part I leave it off and just there as I use the AH.

Never heard of KC Items, but I will definitely check this out and see the difference.
If it is still in Beta, will make sure I follow it and see if it will be more efficient for the AH.

EQCompare actually hasn't been updated in some time either, and has been considered abandoned. The best option for a compare tooltip mod is tekKompare, here on WoWI.
Another Mod I did not see in my investigations and of course will see what the difference is an see if it will be a good fit. It looks to be (as one of the screenshots listed in the comments as no screenshots are available for the mod itself).
EDIT: On WowACe it was updated on 8/17

I have never used Morganti's Buff Bars, and aren't sure how they compare to others, but you should take a look at ElkBuffBars (the new one, with an '-s' at the end). Highly customizable, can pick textures/fonts from SharedMedia, and plugs into FuBar.
I have always been a big fan of the old Gypsy BuffBars. The Morganti's Buff Bars was the closest I have seen to the Gypsy ones.

I have looked at the ElkBuffBars but have not loaded it into my current UI to fully test this out to see what the results are. It does look like what I been needing in here. Maybe a change of the guard is long over due, See new update maybe for a new addition. Will have to test.

Just curious, but why have you chosen MyClock over ClockFu?
Well the only reason that MyClock is even IN this compilation is that the way the Fubar is laid out on the bottom, the ClockFu would have moved the others into the Buff / Map as they lay at the edge of the screen. This of course was when I have MoneyFu installed and it does seem that it can be put back.

MobInfo2 also builds up a database which can hog memory usage. IMO, the percentage of time a mob drops Runecloth isn't too worthwhile to me. (You might feel differently, though. ) I suggest just getting MobHealth. No database, just estimates health as you fight.
This is one mod that I was willing to risk a bit of memory for simply because of the data it provides when fighting mobs. I usually do not have the loot drops listed in the tooltip, just the DPS, location and basic information listed on this mod. MobHealth, from what I seen, just shows the health of the mob and no other information. I leave it up to the downloader if they wish to use this or decide not to. Personally the information has helped me through the levels on certain needed information.

You may already be aware of this, but make sure that CPU profiling is disabled on PerformanceFu in your config. Some people have also had frame rate issues when PerformanceFu is keeping track of individual addon usage statistics, so you can disable that option as well.

Correct, in the configuration of this PerformanceFU, the CPU Profiling is turned off by default. As for the tracking of the add-ons, it is set for me to determine what addons I need to look into as to what is taking the most. Next update will contain the .lua of this being disabled by default.

Yeah, AI uses it's fair share of memory because if how it works. OneBag&co. is a good all-in-one solution, as is Bagnon here on WoWI.
I was using Bagnon before I switched and tried ArkInventory, but when I determined that it was too much memory hog (Ark), I looked and the one bag&co. was more updated off the WowAce side than bagnon. But to me, both still look as act the same as in memory, so…

I've never used Reputation Monitor - what are its benefits over FactionsFu? (Just curious. )
With the ReputationMonitor you can have on screen the Faction you are gaining points in, with the FactionsFU, you just move your mouse over the Fubar to get it, but at least with this one, it is there on the screen at a quick glance. (Also with trying to keep a one bar Fubar, no space  )

I found myself disabling SpamSentry (and my take it out of my compilation) as I haven't been receiving any spam lately (I know other servers still have issues), and feel that it was using much more memory than necessary.
The more I think about this as I type this out, I have notices that SpamSentry has caught the dweebs in the cities that yell or say the gold Spam than emailing or /tell. The sometimes gets past the Blizzard one, even tho it is only a couple of time it catches it. The down loader’s call on if they wish to use this or disable it.

LightHeaded also works with Cartographer waypoints. TomTom is a nice addon, but you could cut it out if you wished to.
Just added both, but find them really a nice addition to my ui / gaming experience and still remaining low memory.

Just my opinions and things that I have picked up here and there. You are free to do what you wish with your UI, I just thought I'd offer a couple suggestions to try to cater a bit more to your focus of a UI for those with little memory to spare. What does this UI generally run at, anyhow? You have memory display turned off for PerformanceFu in your screenshots.
And I thank you for your comments, this is what I need to better my UI for the people who can benefit and enjoy it.
(24- 25 MiB)

Last edited by Jdtigg : 08-25-07 at 06:27 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Jdtigg's UI