04-03-09, 10:05 AM   #1
slickwalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Dailies Icons

More questions as I get used to this addon.

When in Dalaran, I don't see the blue ! for my daily quests on the minimap.

Also, I have a lot of parchment icons on the minimap for quests I've already done, how do i toggle that off?

Last edited by slickwalker : 04-03-09 at 10:24 AM.

04-03-09, 07:12 PM   #2
Spahut
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Try right clicking on the parchments

04-04-09, 11:09 AM   #3
slickwalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Spahut View Post
Try right clicking on the parchments
Sure, i can right click on the parchment and mark it complete...but am i expected to do this for EVERY single quest in the game that I come upon?

04-04-09, 11:32 AM   #4
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The short answer...yes. Unfortunately the Carbonite history database will only automatically remove those parchment icons for quests you've completed since installing Carbonite. This is not something the Authors can code in to mark those quests you completed prior to installing Carbonite.

This is not a limitation built in by Carbonite, it is a limitation imposed by Blizzard as there is no way at current that Blizz allows us to see our quest histories without some form of addon tracking all the quest's we've completed.

On a side note to the above....If you only want to see the icons for daily quests on your maps, try playing with the radio buttons in the Quest Tracker. I cant remember the color of the button, but one of them toggles through the options of what to show.

Hope that helps

04-04-09, 05:47 PM   #5
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by slickwalker View Post
Sure, i can right click on the parchment and mark it complete...but am i expected to do this for EVERY single quest in the game that I come upon?
No, Carbonite will track quest completion, but only knows about quests you have done while running the addon. Unforunately, anything you have completed before installing Carbonite will show up as an available quest.

There is a single button on your quest tracker to toggle showing of the quest givers. Press the yellow button once and it will show available quests for each zone. Press it again and it turns blue and only shows daily quests. Press it a third time and it turns off the feature.

04-06-09, 10:02 AM   #6
slickwalker
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
No, Carbonite will track quest completion, but only knows about quests you have done while running the addon. Unforunately, anything you have completed before installing Carbonite will show up as an available quest.

There is a single button on your quest tracker to toggle showing of the quest givers. Press the yellow button once and it will show available quests for each zone. Press it again and it turns blue and only shows daily quests. Press it a third time and it turns off the feature.
Very cool, thanks!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Dailies Icons