11-11-10, 02:21 PM   #1
iesdi
A Murloc Raider
Question Map Addon in minimap style

On some exploration video on the net I saw a guy using that addon. It wasn't uploader's video and he didnt knew it's name.

Just the main big map (M) looks like huge minimap, not with the drawed style, and with the real textures. It looked awesome, if someone know it's name please hit me up.
11-11-10, 02:59 PM   #2
Scale
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by iesdi View Post
On some exploration video on the net I saw a guy using that addon. It wasn't uploader's video and he didnt knew it's name.

Just the main big map (M) looks like huge minimap, not with the drawed style, and with the real textures. It looked awesome, if someone know it's name please hit me up.
If i have to guess i would say that it might be carbonite.
11-11-10, 03:06 PM   #3
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
If the above poster's suggestion is not what you're looking for, why don't you post a link to what you're talking about.
11-11-10, 03:23 PM   #4
iesdi
A Murloc Raider
I was searching for the video whole day so I can post it while asking. checked everything even youtube history, I cant find it.

Well I think I can't explain it better :/

Just much minimaps sticked together in one big map that opens when you press M
11-11-10, 03:31 PM   #5
Scale
A Fallenroot Satyr
I was searching for the video whole day so I can post it while asking. checked everything even youtube history, I cant find it.

Well I think I can't explain it better :/

Just much minimaps sticked together in one big map that opens when you press M
And it's not carbonite?
11-11-10, 03:48 PM   #6
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yata used to do this, but I think it has been long outdated
11-11-10, 03:55 PM   #7
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
The only Map addon that i know of that used to use the minimap textures is the now abandoned Cartographer 3.0
11-12-10, 08:37 AM   #8
iesdi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Canities View Post
The only Map addon that i know of that used to use the minimap textures is the now abandoned Cartographer 3.0
I use cartographer for really long time and I don't remember such thing. Anyways, thanks for all of you for the replies!
Originally Posted by Scale View Post
And it's not carbonite?
as far as I tested it - I dont think so. I mean I checked all options and all I see is copy of questhelper
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
Yata used to do this, but I think it has been long outdated
Yata? I will check it out. Thanks ^_^
11-12-10, 10:03 AM   #9
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

as far as I tested it - I dont think so. I mean I checked all options and all I see is copy of questhelper
Really??? Carbonite uses its' own maps, where as QH uses the Blizzard maps. Blizzard only uses six (6) levels of "zoom", but Carbonites' maps use "infinite" zoom. They are also (arguably) better looking than the default Blizzard maps.

There are other differences between the two addons, but it might be a moot point since QH is currently broken. There is someone trying to get it working again (with the authors permission) but I (personally) really don't care since I don't like QH and never have. Having used both (QH first, though) Carbonite is the best of the two, hands down (IMO).
11-12-10, 11:21 AM   #10
Terranell
Premium Member
Premium Member
Depending on how old the video is, the answer changes, more modern ones are probably carbonite, but an older one is more likely to be Yatlas. It's not been updated in a long time, but may still work, at least until the maps change in Cata.
11-13-10, 07:56 PM   #11
iesdi
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Terranell View Post
Depending on how old the video is, the answer changes, more modern ones are probably carbonite, but an older one is more likely to be Yatlas. It's not been updated in a long time, but may still work, at least until the maps change in Cata.
It's this!!! Thanks a lot!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Map Addon in minimap style