08-11-15, 10:02 AM   #1
jayman1000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Can Carbonite suggest routes and waypoints for a destination?

I just installed Carbonite and I am generally very happy with it. However I am not sure if Carbonite has a 'gps' route function? Does Carbonite do this? When I track a quest or make a goto waypoint Carbonite just draws a straight line over everythinbg, mountains, impassable areas. I would like it to suggest the best route to the destination, like "go 1200 to flymaster, fly to blah blah" and then update each waypoint when I reach them. You know, kind of like a GPS but with reachable eaypoints. Does Carbonite have this feature? And how do I activate it?

I should say that I have found a setting in Options - Maps, called "route travelling", however enabling/disabling it changes nothing in the way of route/waypoint planning.
08-11-15, 10:43 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sadly there is no such option in Carbonite. I dont even know if there is a way to write such kind of routing.
08-11-15, 01:10 PM   #3
jayman1000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Sadly there is no such option in Carbonite. I dont even know if there is a way to write such kind of routing.
There must be because an addon like Dugi Questing Essential does exactly this and it actually works great. There's just some things about Dugi I don't like, and Carbonite have so much it does better, especially the unified zoomable, rezisable map/mini map which I absolutely love.
08-11-15, 01:28 PM   #4
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Carbonite does have this in limited capabilities... the reason Dugi and Zygor have it much more detailed is due to a much more extensive guide point system and the memory footprints between those addons and carbonite show it.

Carbonite was already being called a memory hog for using 10-15M of memory, those addons can use 70-80 easily.
08-11-15, 01:43 PM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jayman1000 View Post
There must be because an addon like Dugi Questing Essential does exactly this and it actually works great. There's just some things about Dugi I don't like, and Carbonite have so much it does better, especially the unified zoomable, rezisable map/mini map which I absolutely love.
Dugi and Zygor are Guides which guides u to places of intrest... so there are in database routes which some one did checked and wrote (i dont think they are real time caluculated routes). But in Carbonite where u can click any map place were u want to go, calculating routes to those places would be very hard...
08-11-15, 03:37 PM   #6
jayman1000
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Dugi and Zygor are Guides which guides u to places of intrest... so there are in database routes which some one did checked and wrote (i dont think they are real time caluculated routes). But in Carbonite where u can click any map place were u want to go, calculating routes to those places would be very hard...
Ok, maybe I didn't explain it very well. But I just want the route to suggest the flightmasters that gives the lowest total distance traveled to the destination, as a waypointed path, each waypoint being the flightmasters, and the end point the destination. Theoretically that must be relatively easy to do. But if that is not a function in Carbonite yet, I will make do without it. It's thankfully not the biggest of issues.
08-11-15, 10:03 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
It does have it in limited capabilities, at least with quest routing... when I was doing the WoD quests often carbonite would tell me to visit a flightmaster (often one I didn't have when that bug was there lol) to cut down travel time.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Can Carbonite suggest routes and waypoints for a destination?