04-28-07, 12:48 AM   #1
floplag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
which mod does this ?

which mod set the waypoints when your dead for example ?

or which one gives you the button to auto sell all greys in a vendor ?

or perhaps a listing of the third party mods and what they do ?

i looked around and didnt see any such list..so anything like that would be helpful, thanks
04-28-07, 01:11 AM   #2
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by floplag
which mod set the waypoints when your dead for example ?
Cartographer - you can set your own waypoints too by typing /way xx.x,yy.y (eg. /way 52,25 or /way 39.8,55.3) - really handy!

or which one gives you the button to auto sell all greys in a vendor ?
That would be GarbageFu

or perhaps a listing of the third party mods and what they do ?

All the 3rd party mods are mentioned in-game - click the Yellow "M" icon for MazzleUI near the right-hand bottom, and choose the "Options" tab. They also have a description there with options to configure them...

i looked around and didnt see any such list..so anything like that would be helpful, thanks

Hmmm - perhaps you missed the FAQ?
04-28-07, 11:15 AM   #3
floplag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
actually..yeah, i feel rather silly for not thinking to check that field in mazzle, lol

thanks though
04-30-07, 10:13 AM   #4
floplag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
one other thing...where in Cartographer are those waypoints set ? i recommended it to another that isnt running mazzle...but without mazzle it doesnt set the corpse waypoints and i couldnt locate the setting in the mod ? is that something mazzle does, or part of cartographer ?

looking forward to the next mazzle, thanks
04-30-07, 10:46 AM   #5
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

That's because Cartographer is a modular addon, much like Fubar, Titan Panel, etc.

Just installing the main Cartographer addon by itself won't give you the entire functionality that you'll find in MazzleUI. To get that, you have to install roughly nine mods, which are as follows:

Cartographer (the main addon)
Cartographer CorpseWay (which provides the corpse waypoint functionality you desire)
Cartographer Quests (this is what marks quest givers and locations on your map)
Cartographer Fishing (records where and what fish you catch)
Cartographer Herbalism (records where and what herbs you pick)
Cartographer Mining (ditto with any mining you do)
Cartographer Trainers (keeps track of every trainer you've been to and marks it on the map)
Cartographer Treasure (works like mining/herbalism but with any treasure chest you open)
Cartographer Vendors (remembers every vendor you interact with, and records their location and vendor type)

The herbalism and mining modules come with the main addon, and you can find most of the others here on wowinterface. After looking for a minute or two, I couldn't find a download for the CorpseWay module, so you may have to just give your friend a copy of yours. To do this just go to your addons folder (C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ by defult) and find the Cartographer_CorpseWay folder. If you have Winzip installed, then just right click on the folder, and find the winzip option that says "Add to Cartographer_CorpseWay.zip".

After you send the .zip file to your friend just tell him to extract the files into his addons directory with the use folder names option checked.

04-30-07, 10:49 AM   #6
floplag
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks... must be missing that module.
04-30-07, 11:17 AM   #7
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The newer versions of Cartographer have corpse waypoints built in.
04-30-07, 11:59 AM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
To see all modules for Cartographer and get the most recent versions, go here: http://files.wowace.com/

CorpseWay is now included in the main Cartographer download. Mining and Herbalism are not, and haven't been for as long as I can remember (which may not be that long ).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-30-07, 04:21 PM   #9
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah
To see all modules for Cartographer and get the most recent versions, go here: http://files.wowace.com/

CorpseWay is now included in the main Cartographer download. Mining and Herbalism are not, and haven't been for as long as I can remember (which may not be that long ).
I just checked the wowace website, and you're right in that the newest version does not include the mining or herbalism modules. That seems to have happened just recently though, since the one version here on wowinterface from late last month did include them. That's why there was some confusion in that, I wasn't aware that there was an even newer version over on wowace.

It's good to see that they added corpseway as a core feature built into the mod since it's pretty useful.

04-30-07, 06:07 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ahh... perhaps ck bundled them together for this site. Or I'm just going crazy.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » which mod does this ?