05-02-07, 01:28 AM   #1
Nemesi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Exclamation Bongos putting spell tips over my spell buttons

I'm used to Bartender 3, but wanted to switch to Bongos since Bartender disables parts of your screen where unused buttons are. I also like the easy keymapping.

What I HATE, since I am a bit of a clicker is this: How the spell tool tip covers half my other spells. What addon can I use to lock those tool tips to a specific area of my screen, bottom left for example? Or even mid right side of my screen?

Here's a pic to show what I mean, sorry its big, dual monitors.

Thanks in advance

05-02-07, 01:38 AM   #2
chusina
Premium Member
Premium Member
I use tinytip to locate the tooltips in the middle right side of my screen. Try it, it allows you to put the tooltip up, bottom and middle of right and left side of your screen.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...6-TinyTip.html
05-02-07, 02:04 AM   #3
Nemesi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I just tryed Tiny Tip, it only affects players that I hover over, but not my spells.
05-02-07, 02:07 AM   #4
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think this was discussed on the wowace forums some time ago and I think there was no solution .9
05-02-07, 02:36 AM   #5
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
I stopped using bongos for this exact reason.

No matter what addon I got to move the tooltips, bongos would override the spell tooltip and cover half my unit bars with it :s

Doesn't mean theres not a fix or way around it, just I couldn't find one and give up looking.
05-02-07, 02:38 AM   #6
Nemesi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hmm, well it might force me to get back into bindings...

Thing was my normal UI with bartender etc started to act wierd today, and I had the same prob with my spell tips covering my screen, so I figured it would be a good time to try a new bar addon.
05-02-07, 08:39 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
There are two sections for anchors in the TinyTip options. One for units (players, npcs) and one for everything else. Make sure you've changed both. I don't have a problem with my bartender tooltips - they always have stayed wherever I tell TinyTip to put them.

Was it something with Bartender that was acting weird, or something else?

edit: what do you mean by this? "Bartender disables parts of your screen where unused buttons are." I haven't experienced any issues with Bartender.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-02-07, 12:03 PM   #8
Nemesi
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Seerah
There are two sections for anchors in the TinyTip options. One for units (players, npcs) and one for everything else. Make sure you've changed both. I don't have a problem with my bartender tooltips - they always have stayed wherever I tell TinyTip to put them.

Was it something with Bartender that was acting weird, or something else?

edit: what do you mean by this? "Bartender disables parts of your screen where unused buttons are." I haven't experienced any issues with Bartender.
\

Yes I changed both settings with TinyTip.

What I meant with Bartender disabling your screen is this; Lets say that you have a 10 button bar, but are only using 6 of them and they arent all touching. Those areas with no "button or spell" are unclickable. You cant rotate the camera angle, you cant do anything, its just a null part of the screen. Because of that, I had to use 2-3 bars at times to produce the design of spells I wanted, and reduce a bar to 1-2 buttons in order to keep those areas of my screen clickable.
05-02-07, 12:25 PM   #9
Debz
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
never had a problem like that with mine, between the limiting buttons per bar, and the bar columns... granted i do have 6 active bars, but I have the UI set up the way I like it, even hiding bars I don't use often until I hover over them (buffs etc)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bongos putting spell tips over my spell buttons