05-03-07, 07:16 PM   #1
Rhonjura
A Murloc Raider
Mazzle UI Status Update?

I know that there is another thread going on at the moment with everyone praising Mazzle and the UI, also mazzle did state that he was working on the next version and has been for some time. I was curious can we know how far along the project is or a estimated timetable when we can expect to see the next version?

05-04-07, 04:55 AM   #2
kilheim
A Murloc Raider
i find the easiest way to keep mazzle updated is to just go to wowace.com/files and update manually, fixes alot of bugs with the UI, that i was having tremendously

05-04-07, 09:05 AM   #3
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yes, but then it can cause problems with trying to mazzify - either new toon's or re-mazzifying older toons.

05-04-07, 08:52 PM   #4
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Honestly? It'll be done when it's done.

I know this is a frustrating answer, and I'm not saying it as some kind of fanboy either. I'm only saying this because after waiting for and watching the initial development of the mod for well over a year before the first release, and then a month or so later having to wait months again for a 2.0 compatible release, you start to get the point that anxiously expecting a new release to be right around the corner will drive you out of your mind.

Meeting ETA's and deadlines can be hard enough on big development companies, let alone on individuals who are simply doing this in their spare time for free. It'll be a lot easier on you if you just put it out of your mind and make the best with what we have at the moment.

05-04-07, 10:00 PM   #5
Rhonjura
A Murloc Raider
I disagree

I understand where you are coming from honestly I do, but the moment somone puts up a donate to "Help support production of this UI" Title, it then turns into a job where people are expecting you to keep the product that we are giving you money for up to date or at least a little information on whats going on for the price of the money we donated and gave. All we have gotten is some excuses and a half hearted reply that work is still being done after so long and that we may or may not get a new version? This is just my opinion.

05-05-07, 01:56 AM   #6
Shalloe
A Defias Bandit
the moment somone puts up a donate to "Help support production of this UI" Title, it then turns into a job where people are expecting you to keep the product that we are giving you money for up to date or at least a little information on whats going on for the price of the money we donated and gave
I think that the KEY WORD that is being missed in this statement is DONATE .

I know this will come of as rude, but according to Dictionary.com, the definition of donate is as follows:

do·nate - [doh-neyt, doh-neyt]
–verb (used with object)
1. to present as a gift, grant, or contribution; make a donation of, as to a fund or cause: to donate used clothes to the Salvation Army.
–verb (used without object)
2. to make a gift, grant, or contribution of something; give; contribute: They donate to the Red Cross every year.

05-05-07, 05:21 AM   #7
Rhonjura
A Murloc Raider

Let me present you with this then... Why do people.. "Donate, Contribute, Etc." To... lets say from your quote from the dictonary, the Salvation Army? Do they donate money because of one single thing the SA does? Or do they donate because the SA only helped once or twice? No people donate and "support" people in "free" endevours to ensure that if the person who is doing said act, isnt doing it out of the love of what they do then they will be enticed to continue on doing or putting out a top notch product for said "free" money. I know this can get tit for tat, but to be honest and blunt, people dont make one UI or one Mod or whater... then slap up a "DONATE NOW!" Poster expecting people to give them money hand over fist for one free thing they did and wanted to share with everyone else, they put it up so that people will contribute and give them reason to keep on doing it, and people donate after they see what type of product they are offering and if it is worth "donating" too. End of story. Why is it such a huge problem to want to know how the progress is going? I dont see this as a simple or hard thing, you either are or are not doing the work on said project. If you are then just give us a rough eta or let us help you with a beta. If not then tell us you are not going to further work on it so that everyone will know to not donate anymore to something that isnt happening anymore. Because to be honest after next content patch.. Mazzle UI is screwed without a update of its own.

05-05-07, 10:44 AM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rhonjura
Let me present you with this then... Why do people.. "Donate, Contribute, Etc." To... lets say from your quote from the dictonary, the Salvation Army? Do they donate money because of one single thing the SA does? Or do they donate because the SA only helped once or twice? No people donate and "support" people in "free" endevours to ensure that if the person who is doing said act, isnt doing it out of the love of what they do then they will be enticed to continue on doing or putting out a top notch product for said "free" money. I know this can get tit for tat, but to be honest and blunt, people dont make one UI or one Mod or whater... then slap up a "DONATE NOW!" Poster expecting people to give them money hand over fist for one free thing they did and wanted to share with everyone else, they put it up so that people will contribute and give them reason to keep on doing it, and people donate after they see what type of product they are offering and if it is worth "donating" too. End of story.
I absolutely disagree. People donate for a variety of reasons. I see it all the time when people write messages along with their donations, saying why they did. Regardless of how obvious and homogeneous you think people's motivations are, your expectations does not equal any obligation on my part.

Why is it such a huge problem to want to know how the progress is going? I dont see this as a simple or hard thing, you either are or are not doing the work on said project. If you are then just give us a rough eta or let us help you with a beta. If not then tell us you are not going to further work on it so that everyone will know to not donate anymore to something that isnt happening anymore. Because to be honest after next content patch.. Mazzle UI is screwed without a update of its own.
It isn't that hard a thing nor that much of an issue to ask. But I've already answered the question before, and I'm not going to keep repeating myself every time someone decides to start another thread and ask it again.

More importantly, when you move into the domain of suggesting that I owe you something or that it's a scam to get money when nothing is going to be released, you've crossed the line.

I understand where you are coming from honestly I do, but the moment somone puts up a donate to "Help support production of this UI" Title, it then turns into a job where people are expecting you to keep the product that we are giving you money for up to date or at least a little information on whats going on for the price of the money we donated and gave. All we have gotten is some excuses and a half hearted reply that work is still being done after so long and that we may or may not get a new version? This is just my opinion.
Yes, that is your opinion. And people with similar opinions have been making posts of that sort for over year, well before the UI ever became public. It's this ever-critical attitude with such a bloated sense of self-entitlement that's turned me off to this whole process in the first place. Thank you for reminding me of that.

05-05-07, 02:19 PM   #9
archermoo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Yes, that is your opinion. And people with similar opinions have been making posts of that sort for over year, well before the UI ever became public. It's this ever-critical attitude with such a bloated sense of self-entitlement that's turned me off to this whole process in the first place. Thank you for reminding me of that.
Just as a note, I'd like to say I'm quite well aware that if anything what a donation to a project like this means is that I am:

1) Showing my support for the project
2) Showing my appreciation for what has been produced so far

I am by no means saying that I am not interested in updates. But I at least labour under no illusion that by donating money to the project that you somehow have an obligation to me. Quite the opposite: I donated because if anything I felt that I had an obligation to you.

As my dad had posted on his desk for decades: Don't let the turkeys get you down!

05-05-07, 07:38 PM   #10
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
Blah BLah Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
A donation is a donation. If you were 'paying' for ANYTHING, it wouldn't be a donation. It would be a PAYMENT.

Mazzle wrote some great code. He made a concise, powerful interface laden with information that is customizable and easy to use. It also happens to be his own personal UI. Not once but TWICE now he has released this UI to the public, only to receive a load of negativity from people like yourself.

Well, guess what: When that patch comes out, it's not just going to break YOUR interface, it's going to break Mazzle's too. Most likely, he will fix his own, but is he obligated to share those fixes with the public? Not really. Not at all. He has done it so far out of his loyalty and love of the WoW community. Unfortunately, since the latest release of MAzzleUI, that love has not been reciprocated by the users. Personally, not only do I understand why he would possibly not want to release another version, I almost expect it. I for one will probably fix what I can on my own, and replace what I can't. However, the last person I would ever blame would be mazzlefizz. People like yourself have dumped all over him, and shown little to no appreciation for what he has actually done for this community.

Mazzle, I do appreciate what you've done, and I LOVE my UI. However, I really cannot fathom the type of dedication you must have to continue this project further. I would have stopped months ago. I feel bad for the loss of those who have supported and appreciated your package, but I really don't think the garbage you're forced to deal with could ever make this project worth your incredible effort and time.

Sorry to seem so negative. I just have been reading this stuff for a while, and I'm tired of seeing one of the few good mod authors repeatedly getting lectured and harassed by people who themselves have little or nothing to offer the community.

05-06-07, 06:41 AM   #11
Rhonjura
A Murloc Raider
Sad Dispostion.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

I absolutely disagree. People donate for a variety of reasons. I see it all the time when people write messages along with their donations, saying why they did. Regardless of how obvious and homogeneous you think people's motivations are, your expectations does not equal any obligation on my part.

It isn't that hard a thing nor that much of an issue to ask. But I've already answered the question before, and I'm not going to keep repeating myself every time someone decides to start another thread and ask it again.

More importantly, when you move into the domain of suggesting that I owe you something or that it's a scam to get money when nothing is going to be released, you've crossed the line.

..... Well what does one exactly say to that? If you would have paid attention to other threads, I have repeated over and over that I love Mazzle UI and have been a long time user, im sorry that mine and a couple other peoples debate on what donating money to Mod Makers actually means made you made and would make you make a statement of "well this turned me off the process in the first place, and thank you for reminding me of that." Wtf is that dude? In one thread you say you are working on a update but its been slow going but now you say in this thread that you are turned off to the idea of putting out something that everyone and I mean everyone praises you for? Im sorry but myself? This is to much all I was looking for was a general and rough eta to when we could expect to see said update that you had previously said you were working on, and in the result of that I get flamed to hell and get a childish response from what seems to be a very talented mod creator but selfish person in general. You need to wake up and smell the coffee bro, people make mods and release them for free for a reason always have and always will and yes will I be dissapointed if you dont put out another update? Severly without a doubt. But Mirage is still out there and even though it is a second class compilation compared to yours he is dedicated to the game dedicated to the people who support him and does not spout the garbage I have seen come from here nor make statements in one thread then say something else in another... My suggestion in all honesty? Either take down your donation link and tell the public that you are done with this mod and let things rest, or put your money where your mouth is. Simple as that. If you want to take this personal then so be it. if you delete the post then good for you. But in the end bro you need to realize this is all just for a game and if you are having this many issues because of a game then you need to move on and do something else.

05-06-07, 07:59 AM   #12
Therok
An Aku'mai Servant
If you would have paid attention to other threads, I have repeated over and over that I love Mazzle UI and have been a long time user
And if YOU had paid attention, you would have noticed that you've made a whopping 5 posts in 2 threads, all of which were demanding an ETA on an update that Mazzle had already stated he was working on, and didn't have an ETA for. In addition, you've also taken it upon yourself to lecture mazzle on donations, mod development, and manners.

Frankly, you're a jerk.

05-06-07, 09:18 AM   #13
Bramdor
A Defias Bandit

you got served.

05-07-07, 03:25 AM   #14
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
..... Well what does one exactly say to that? If you would have paid attention to other threads, I have repeated over and over that I love Mazzle UI and have been a long time user, im sorry that mine and a couple other peoples debate on what donating money to Mod Makers actually means made you made and would make you make a statement of "well this turned me off the process in the first place, and thank you for reminding me of that." Wtf is that dude? In one thread you say you are working on a update but its been slow going but now you say in this thread that you are turned off to the idea of putting out something that everyone and I mean everyone praises you for? Im sorry but myself? This is to much all I was looking for was a general and rough eta to when we could expect to see said update that you had previously said you were working on, and in the result of that I get flamed to hell and get a childish response from what seems to be a very talented mod creator but selfish person in general. You need to wake up and smell the coffee bro, people make mods and release them for free for a reason always have and always will and yes will I be dissapointed if you dont put out another update? Severly without a doubt. But Mirage is still out there and even though it is a second class compilation compared to yours he is dedicated to the game dedicated to the people who support him and does not spout the garbage I have seen come from here nor make statements in one thread then say something else in another... My suggestion in all honesty? Either take down your donation link and tell the public that you are done with this mod and let things rest, or put your money where your mouth is. Simple as that. If you want to take this personal then so be it. if you delete the post then good for you. But in the end bro you need to realize this is all just for a game and if you are having this many issues because of a game then you need to move on and do something else.
Don't worry. I wouldn't delete this post. Nothing demonstrates the quality of your arguments better than your own inane words. And I'll give your "suggestion" the weight that it deserves.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Mazzle UI Status Update?