04-24-05, 01:08 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hey! Mod Users! *nudge* Give Feedback!

Get busy and give these good folks some feedback! Want to see the mod you love improve? Make suggestions in the appropriate thread!

Again, as I warned the Authors ... don't make me chase you!
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-24-05, 08:39 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*Poke*

Come on users, give the mod authors some luving! Give feedback!
04-30-06, 04:50 PM   #3
Pastasaus
A Defias Bandit
First of all I wanna thank you all for conrtributing som mutch to all us lazy bums not bothering sitting down coding anyrthing. Have to say that Im verry impressed over most of the stuff on this site and Im visiting regulary (often every day) to check for updates/look for new betas etc. Love all the stuff done so far

If its of any interest, her is a lost of most of my main mods used witch I can see me having a big problem playing without:

Ace (ofc)
Bagnon
CEnemyCastBar
ChatScroll
eCastingBar
EquipCompare
Fubar (with alot of the addons)
idMinimap
ImprovedCamera
KC_Items
MobInfo2
PartySpotter
PocketHelper
SatrinaBuffFrame
SelfCast
StunWatch
SuperInspect
Wardrobe
sct

++ many others

Since I actualy am one of those lazy people not bothering to do mutch other then surfing, Im just summarasing and thanking everyone out there helping my playtime in this thread.

Keep up the good work
06-23-06, 09:30 AM   #4
Pastasaus
A Defias Bandit
crazy, Im the only one since last?
06-23-06, 09:54 AM   #5
GRIMNAR
A Kobold Labourer
I use a ton of these MODs also...but the new Patch detroyed me again...lol I can't whisper, inspect, leave party, mini map was lost for a while...it went crazy

We need many updates or a way to bypass the date checker

But the MODs are still AWESOME and I will research daily to find the ones I need for my Shaman..who was nerefed badly and My mage..who used to crit well with Fire and now an Ice mage does better..HHmmmm somethings wrong here..lol

Anyhow keep up the great work with the mods

Out....
07-20-06, 05:54 AM   #6
jeur
A Murloc Raider
Wink

my feedback usually is unanswered, so forgive me if I don't give feedback since in most cases it's a waste of time. Some mod authors (not all!) build up a good reputation for their mods then abandon them and don't care how it affects the mod loyalists and fans (but not always, there is always ONE exception)...
07-20-06, 06:27 AM   #7
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
I'll be honest, I've stopped responding to every bit of feedback and sometimes I don't see them right away, but I DO read them all.

Somethings I've heard before, a lot. Somethings I've already fixed. Somethings I've answered the question two posts before. Sometimes I read it as I'm running out the door 5 mins late to my real job

What I need is a service like WowGuru had, even though I don't use there site anymore, that would notify me via email if someone makes a comment. Do we have that Cair?

Sometimes I won't see a post for weeks or longer because I can only focus on so many mods with the time I have and after long periods of no reponses I may not check it everyday, which normally means that as soon as I stop someone responds and then I don't see it.

So even if its not answered or it seems like its ignored its still a good idea to give feedback. It also gives other users the ability to see what people think of the mod, not just the mod author.

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
04-21-07, 10:19 AM   #8
ClemSnide
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by GRIMNAR
I use a ton of these MODs also...but the new Patch detroyed me again...lol I can't whisper, inspect, leave party, mini map was lost for a while...it went crazy

We need many updates or a way to bypass the date checker.
It's been about eight months, so I hope you found out how to load your old AddOns with the new version: When selecting a character, click the "AddOns" button in the lower left corner, then check "Load out-of-date AddOns." This method is preferable to modifying the .toc file, which makes it difficult to see which versions are the latest ones.

If that's the only thing that's necessary to make your old AddOns work with the new game patch, great! Now, there are some AddOns that break when a new version of the client is released. All that we authors can do is grumble and go back to the drawing board. You guys can help by telling us what happens, or doesn't happen, and include as much information as possible: What the error message was, what you did just before the error occurred, and whether you can replicate the error by doing what you did to get it in the first place.
04-21-07, 11:14 AM   #9
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by ClemSnide
It's been about eight months, so I hope you found out how to load your old AddOns with the new version: When selecting a character, click the "AddOns" button in the lower left corner, then check "Load out-of-date AddOns." This method is preferable to modifying the .toc file, which makes it difficult to see which versions are the latest ones.

If that's the only thing that's necessary to make your old AddOns work with the new game patch, great! Now, there are some AddOns that break when a new version of the client is released. All that we authors can do is grumble and go back to the drawing board. You guys can help by telling us what happens, or doesn't happen, and include as much information as possible: What the error message was, what you did just before the error occurred, and whether you can replicate the error by doing what you did to get it in the first place.
When patch day is near, i lose a little hair, kick a few dogs, then when all is calm, i make a backup of what USED to work.. This way i got a list of every mod i worked so hard at fine tuning to my peculiar specifications. Then i hit the sites like a madman! 7 tabs open on mozilla, 9 on opera, and 12 more open on IE7!! papers flying everywhere, coffee hits the floor, ciggy burns in my croch, but i tell ya, it's weeeeellll lworth it, to get the very FIRST working mod for the new patch!!. I scratch my butt, sniff an armpit, *phew*
OFF TO THE NEXT MOD!!!
*wwhhoooosssh*
04-21-07, 11:41 AM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
eeeeewwwwwwww
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
04-21-07, 12:18 PM   #11
jaedrian
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tweeker
When patch day is near, i lose a little hair, kick a few dogs, then when all is calm, i make a backup of what USED to work.. This way i got a list of every mod i worked so hard at fine tuning to my peculiar specifications. Then i hit the sites like a madman! 7 tabs open on mozilla, 9 on opera, and 12 more open on IE7!! papers flying everywhere, coffee hits the floor, ciggy burns in my croch, but i tell ya, it's weeeeellll lworth it, to get the very FIRST working mod for the new patch!!. I scratch my butt, sniff an armpit, *phew*
OFF TO THE NEXT MOD!!!
*wwhhoooosssh*

I was just going to say thank you modders for all the hard work.
04-21-07, 01:23 PM   #12
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Tweeker
OFF TO THE NEXT MOD!!!
*wwhhoooosssh*
SVN servers ftw
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
04-21-07, 03:15 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Wow, Tweek....
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-21-07, 03:42 PM   #14
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Seerah
Wow, Tweek....
Heh, that's what ya get fer staying up all night i guess
*bzzzz*
()EDIT()
Wow, you put all that together and people gonna think i'm actually a tweeker! OMGZ
never once touched the stuff..
12-10-09, 01:45 AM   #15
NyteShayde
A Murloc Raider
Dear Arkive,

Boo, wtb non-widescreen aspect ratio support pleeeaseee?

Dear Spirt of Mazzle Past,
How does one make those unit frames have the bars on the sides and the portrait in the middle? Why does no one say?

Dear Everyone,

How on earth does code make sense to you? It's like trying to understand wingdings.

"Ah, uh, I think this here squiggly thing might mean, ah...hm."
12-10-09, 01:48 AM   #16
NyteShayde
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tweeker View Post
OFF TO THE NEXT MOD!!!
*wwhhoooosssh*
Strange, that's almost exactly what I do!
Except, there is no dog to kick so it's random tourettes-like screaming at people who are lucky enough to not have a UI that they don't spend hours working, dragging, resizing, texture-changing, hotkeying, downloading, align-to-grid ing...

...my eyes, they bleed!
12-10-09, 01:49 AM   #17
zero-kill
A Firelord

thread necro wooo!
12-10-09, 01:54 AM   #18
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by zero-kill View Post
thread necro wooo!
Wohooo! There is no such thing as necroing sticky's wooohoooo!
12-10-09, 04:43 AM   #19
zero-kill
A Firelord

2 years of nothing, even a sticky would be grounds.
12-10-09, 11:25 AM   #20
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

well it was worth a bump seeing as what Tweek wrote made me roflmao xD

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Hey! Mod Users! *nudge* Give Feedback!